Yet Another Kooky Airline Name

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:03 am

I was glancing through this months issue of "Airliners" magazine, and happened upon a picture and short write-up on an airline called, get this, "Air Spray"!! LOL. I don't have the magazine with me, but I'm pretty sure it was a Middle Eastern based carrier.
What's next, "V05 Air"?

Canadi>nBoy
YYZ

FlagshipAZ

RE: Yet Another Kooky Airline Name

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:10 am

How about a charter carrier named "Yes"? I have the Dec 2001 issue of Airways, showing a Portuguese charter airline flying an ex-Delta Tristar. Yep, the airline is Yes. Yeah, baby!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:13 am

What does "Yes" (Portugese Carrier) imply?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Is it just me, or perhaps have new start-up carriers either run out of decent names and are grabbing at straws, or is it the fact these management teams seem to have no imagination or marketing skills??

Canadi>nBoy
YYZ

FlagshipAZ

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:20 am

I couldn't begin to tell you what it means. Perhaps a portuguese word meaning something else entirely. The caption states that "Yes" is a joint venture between TAP and Viagens Abreu. "Yes" has two leased Tristar 500s & a leased A320. That's about all the caption says. Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

yyz717

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:33 am

YES implies approval, acceptance, compliance, agreement, concurment, happiness, deliverance, potential completion. Why, who wouldn't want to fly on such an airline ?!?!?!?

Yeah sure

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

CX Flyboy

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:35 am

Do any of you remember that airline based in Goa, India with 2 HS 748s? They were called GOA WAY!! They didn't last long though.

Yyz717

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:39 am

Ohhhhh, THAT'S what "Yes" implies!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Now Neil, aint that stretchin it just an eensey weensey
bit?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Regards
Your comrade in YYZ

Jean Leloup

Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:11 am

i don't know about the middle eastern "Air Spray", but i don't think that the Canadian "Air Spray" is inappropriately named. Have a look.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Arvid B. Prouty

What better name would you suggest for a firefighting airline? :P
Next flight.... who knows.

Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:14 am

LOL, hmmm, I guess this Middle Eastern Carrier was looking towards Canada for inspiration!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

FYI: LOVE the Prince George, BC area. Out of this
world.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos