Yet Another Kooky Airline Name

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:03 am

I was glancing through this months issue of "Airliners" magazine, and happened upon a picture and short write-up on an airline called, get this, "Air Spray"!! LOL. I don't have the magazine with me, but I'm pretty sure it was a Middle Eastern based carrier.
What's next, "V05 Air"?

Canadi>nBoy
YYZ

FlagshipAZ

RE: Yet Another Kooky Airline Name

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:10 am

How about a charter carrier named "Yes"? I have the Dec 2001 issue of Airways, showing a Portuguese charter airline flying an ex-Delta Tristar. Yep, the airline is Yes. Yeah, baby!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:13 am

What does "Yes" (Portugese Carrier) imply?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy Is it just me, or perhaps have new start-up carriers either run out of decent names and are grabbing at straws, or is it the fact these management teams seem to have no imagination or marketing skills??

Canadi>nBoy
YYZ

FlagshipAZ

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:20 am

I couldn't begin to tell you what it means. Perhaps a portuguese word meaning something else entirely. The caption states that "Yes" is a joint venture between TAP and Viagens Abreu. "Yes" has two leased Tristar 500s & a leased A320. That's about all the caption says. Regards.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." --Ben Franklin

yyz717

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:33 am

YES implies approval, acceptance, compliance, agreement, concurment, happiness, deliverance, potential completion. Why, who wouldn't want to fly on such an airline ?!?!?!?

Yeah sure

I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

CX Flyboy

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:35 am

Do any of you remember that airline based in Goa, India with 2 HS 748s? They were called GOA WAY!! They didn't last long though.

Yyz717

Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:39 am

Ohhhhh, THAT'S what "Yes" implies!!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Now Neil, aint that stretchin it just an eensey weensey
bit?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Regards
Your comrade in YYZ

Jean Leloup

Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:11 am

i don't know about the middle eastern "Air Spray", but i don't think that the Canadian "Air Spray" is inappropriately named. Have a look.

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Arvid B. Prouty

What better name would you suggest for a firefighting airline? :P
Next flight.... who knows.

Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:14 am

LOL, hmmm, I guess this Middle Eastern Carrier was looking towards Canada for inspiration!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

FYI: LOVE the Prince George, BC area. Out of this
world.