chris28_17

Help Me Write A Convincing Letter To The Airlines!

Thu Nov 22, 2001 12:53 pm

Thats right folks, step right up! My manager has suggested that i work on writing a letter to send to a bunch of the large carriers such as BA, LH, EI, SR etc...

here are the details:
In this letter we would be requesting space available passes on their airline to be given as prizes in our christmas party. We also will offer some sort of reciprical item (pass, etc..) as a gesture of thanks for whatever they decide to donate.

here are some tips:
The letter itself needs to be written in a persuasive fashion. Here are a few excerpts from my rough draft:

...(this program) is focused on restoring confidence in the airlines, and renewing the fun and excitement of
flying.

We know that Airline name is one of the most elite and respected airlines in the world.
For this reason ....

get the picture? I enjoy writing and i am having fun with this, but I really want to maximize the amount of passes that we recieve, and thus I am hoping that perhaps one of you can write a letter that could be more captivating and effective than whatever I have written on my own...

If one or more of you impresses me with something, and I end up using one or more of your ideas, I will mail you a few UA travel coupons that are within my ability to give out...

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

CHRIS

SJCguy

RE: Help Me Write A Convincing Letter To The Airlines!

Thu Nov 22, 2001 4:40 pm

Sorry bro- good idea, airlines aren't going to send you passes though. Especially in light of everything that's been going on, the amount of revenue the airlines have lost, etc. I work for one of the most friendliest airlines in the world, SWA. Us employees all fly free, our parents, spouse, and children do too, unlimited. But, to obtain a space available pass for a companion is almost impossible.....but hey, good luck. I'd send you a few if I was Herby-

SJCguy

aerorobnz

Thu Nov 22, 2001 4:46 pm

To whom it may concern,

(Enter your Company here) is looking for a global force in the airline industry such as (enter airline) that would be willing to participate in sponsorship of return airfares on your airline as prizes for our employees. (enter your company) chose to approach (airline here) because as one of the most elite and respected airlines in the world, sponsorship by (airline here) would maintain our name as a company of quality. I would also point out that any future company air travel would be favoured on your airline and its partners where possible. I look forward to your reply,
Yours Sincerely,

(name here)
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

SJCguy

Thu Nov 22, 2001 4:50 pm

Damn...that is good...but still the airlines are too on edge right now...

Personally, and as a SW employee, I think if you wrote a letter to Herb in Dallas, if ANY airline sent you passes it would be us. He reads every single peice of mail he gets and replies to ever single personal mail he gets....try it, he's an awesome guy. If he doesn't send you passes, he'll send you somthing. Send the letter to me if you want and I'll send it thru wn co-mail.

SJCguy

bobnwa

Thu Nov 22, 2001 8:59 pm

Major airlines get hundreds of requests for giveaways at employee Christmas parties every year. While the letters are all convincing, if an airline did say yes it open up the flood gates.

Banco

Thu Nov 22, 2001 9:10 pm

To put it another way, if you wrote to Sony asking for a Playstation 2 for your Christmas party, what do you think their response would be? "Go out and buy one"?

Why should airlines be different?
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

LostXistance

Thu Nov 22, 2001 9:31 pm

Well we have to keep in mind that some airlines do set aside a budget for this kind of promotion, though i guess you are lucky if your letter is choosen as some airlines would receive hundreds.

I know ansett used to give away "mystery" flights to places within australia.- maybe they gave away a few to many- thats why they have ended up broke  Smile

TriStar

Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:15 am

I'm very much leaning towards agreeing with Banco. Although I will admit it's a pretty nifty trick to make airlines cough up money and then make it sound as if you're the one doing them a favour. Yes, that I will admit.  Big grin

In all sincerity, Chris28_17, I am more than ready to believe you have a noble goal here, but something tells me the airlines will see through (or beyond) that...

Best regards,

TriStar.

chris28_17

Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:54 am

Thanks for your replies thus far! One thing i probably failed to mention, my manager, who suggested this, used to work up in MSN (madison) and they did this last year. Because of the financial problems they (all airlines) were in last year, they were even more eager to fill up empty seats. (which is what we are asking for)

His station recieved a ton of passes. Just the ones I remember that he mentioned were Austrian airlines, Virgin atlantic, and JetBlue. The key is that we are able to offer them the same deal; passes on OUR airline.

Anyway, Aerorobnz, very nice letter! but im looking for something a bit longer and more flowery  Smokin cool

Keep it comin! i have confidence in this  Big thumbs up

CHRIS

chris28_17

Fri Nov 23, 2001 10:58 am

nevermind then...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos