Crew Leasing?

Thu Nov 22, 2001 3:57 pm

Can anyone tell me a little about whatair crew leasing is?

RE: Crew Leasing?

Thu Nov 22, 2001 11:11 pm

Well there are basically two types of leasing. The are wet leases and there are dry leases. Dry leasing, is when a company leases only the aircraft. A wet lease is when the company leases the aircraft and the crew. Crew leasing is when a company borrows crew from another airline to assist in their own airline. This is done under a contract. The crew is given uniform, etc by the company that has leased them. Flight crew lesing happens quite seldom i would say. The exact same procedure is done for the lease of a flight crew.
BCal Dc10

Fri Nov 23, 2001 1:31 am

British Airways does it to their leisure destinations in the Caribbean and Florida using those awful 777's.
Their crew is from a company called AML (I had a fling with one of the FA's!!)
They looked like BA crew, wore the same suits/frocks and with less of the 'tude u sometimes get with longhaul Gatwick crew, and was ok service.
Shame about the plane.
lmml 14/32

Fri Nov 23, 2001 2:10 am

Crew leasing can also be done between airlines themselves. For example two years ago AirMalta leased cockpit and cabin crews to fly for AirHolland. The only restriction was that we could only fly on one aircraft - PH-OZA, which was re-registered 9H-ADP for legal reasons.