Marco
Topic Author

Air Canada To Fly Vancouver-Anchorage

Thu Nov 22, 2001 5:55 pm

Here's the press release from AC's website:

VANCOUVER, Nov. 21 /CNW/ - Air Canada today announced that it will offer its customers daily non-stop Vancouver-Anchorage service effective May 13 to
September 15, 2002 coinciding with the summer travel season. To promote the new service, Air Canada is offering double Aeroplan bonus miles when travelling round trip for the first time on the new route between May 13 and July 13, 2002. "We are looking forward to serving Alaska for the first time with the only daily non stop flight between Vancouver and Anchorage," said Marc Rosenberg, Vice President, Sales and Product Distribution. "With this convenient service, we are responding to strong travel demand during the summer travel season, particularly in the Alaska cruise ship market." The new non-stop service will cut travel time from existing routings by more than two hours. Air Canada flight AC1096 will depart Vancouver at 11:30 a.m., arriving in Anchorage at 1:45 p.m. Flight AC1097 will depart Anchorage at 2:30 p.m. and arrive in Vancouver at 6:45 p.m. The schedule is designed to provide the maximum choice of connecting flights via Air Canada's Vancouver hub. Daily flights will be operated aboard Air Canada's Boeing 737 aircraft, configured to seat 100 passengers in a choice of Executive or Hospitality service. Tickets are now available for sale through www.aircanada.ca, Air Canada
Reservations and travel agents.

I think that this route is in response to the collapse of C3000, who used to fly the route in the summers...
Proud to be an Assyrian!

EIPremier

RE: Air Canada To Fly Vancouver-Anchorage

Thu Nov 22, 2001 6:27 pm

Frankly, I've always been curious as to why Alaska has not looked into this route, considering how they dominate the SEA-ANC market, and how it is inconvenient for YVR-ANC passengers to connect through SEA.

yyz717

RE: Air Canada To Fly Vancouver-Anchorage

Thu Nov 22, 2001 11:18 pm

I agree EIPremier.....I would have thought that AK would have picked up ANC-YVR years ago.

Neil
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.