United Airline
Topic Author

The Status Of Sabena/Swissair/Aer Lingus

Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:09 pm

Hey guys!

With all the bad news surrounding these airlines, can anyone tell me the current status of Sabena, Swissair as well as Aer Lingus? Any of them back in the air?

If yes, where do they fly to?

LJ

RE: The Status Of Sabena/Swissair/Aer Lingus

Fri Nov 23, 2001 6:56 pm

Swissair and Aer lingus fly, some Sabena flights have been taken over by their subsidiary DAT.

Regards
Laurens

BelugaBoy

Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:36 pm

Aren't the Swissair flights talkken over by there subsidary Crossair ?

I thought that the situation in both cases ( Swissair/Sabena ) were almost identical :

subsidary ( Crossair/DAT ) took over the flights ( not all ofcourse ) . The situation in Switzerland will probably be more clear because of the fact that it took place already longer ago. Furthermore DAT cooperates with Virgin Express on some routes.

Aer Lingus, they still fly

For the lastest info on routes and schedules I would check there websites

www.dat-airlines.com and www.crossair.ch

slz396

Fri Nov 23, 2001 9:06 pm

Well, the situation in switserland is not completely what it is in Belgium when it comes to the intercontinental flights.

Swissair is not officially bankrupt (yet), they are using the government loan and are therefor still operaing some of their intercontinental flights (contrary to sabena/dat). The aim of all this is to slowly prepare crossair to take over all these flights now flown by swissair and then to file for bankruptcy.

In Belgium however, as Sabena is already bankrupt dat tries very hard to get on its own feed asap to take over the intercontinental flights from sabena. However, in the mean time no intercontinental flights are operated.