LH738
Topic Author

Which FF Prog (oneworld)?

Sat Nov 24, 2001 2:50 pm

In recent years I travelled mainly with Star and reached Star Gold (LH Senator). I would like to try more airlines in future and so I think about joining another frequent flyer prog (non-Star). But which one???

My travel for the new FF prog will be mainly on long distances and C-class. Nevertheless it should also be possible to get miles for other classes (from all participating partner airlines).

I will use the miles for upgrades (additional upgrade vouchers for reaching mile limits would be great, too) and maybe hotel stays.

My aim is also to reach status. Because I will use the FF prog mainly for leisure travel it would be a benefit if status could be reached soon or status would be valid for a longer period.

Andreas

ILS

RE: Which FF Prog (oneworld)?

Sat Nov 24, 2001 2:51 pm

CO or NW, the best FF programs in the world. CO gives automated upgrades and so does NW!  Big thumbs up

iluvwestjet

Sat Nov 24, 2001 3:22 pm

I'd say AAdvantage if you are looking at oneworld carriers. AAdvantage gives you a lot of opportunities to earn mileage. You can earn a lot of non-flight miles through AOL AAdvantage and they have a lot of partners. Pretty darn good customer service too.

Ndebele

Sat Nov 24, 2001 5:59 pm

Qualiflyer!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Sun Nov 25, 2001 1:57 am

I agree with ILS on the automated upgrades. I am a Gold Elite on NW and I received upgrade certificates for Alaska Airlines as well! But I don't like NW/CO international upgrade policy.