boyshane

Fokker F27

Sat Jul 24, 1999 8:05 am

Hey!
Can someone tell me where I can find a seat map of the F27? Also, for those who have flown on them, can you tell me a little bit about the interior. Layout, seats, lavatories, galley.........etc. Your help would greatly be appericiated!
Thanks!

Boyshane

American 767

RE: Fokker F27

Sat Jul 24, 1999 9:30 am

Hi I'm Ben,
I have been on the Fokker F27 more than a decade ago. It was on a short flight within South Africa, from Johannesburg to Skukuza (a really small airport without even a control tower and a concrete runway!). I was on Comair, a regional South African airline. The seating layout was 2-2 on each row, that's all I can remember.
The return flight, from Skukuza to Johannesburg was on a DC-3 !!! Traveling on a DC-3 was a great adventure, a rare experience.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

CV990

Sat Jul 24, 1999 6:29 pm

Hi Boyshane.

I also had the oportunity ( and previlege ) to fly on a Fokker F-27. That was in 1981 from Dusseldorf to Amsterdam with NLM City Hopper. The plane was PH-KFD and I tell you, it was a great flight, no very long but it was something, specially because the F-27 had such biiig windows and its high wing gave the possibility of seeing everything down there. We had a kind of snack on board and another thing I do remember very well we had a very very very pritty dutch F/A, she was the only one but we had a great time.
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

American 767

Sat Jul 24, 1999 8:04 pm

I can imagine how pretty she was. She must have been very attractive.

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

Antti

Sat Jul 24, 1999 10:53 pm

I flew once in a Finnair F-27 From Helsinki to MIkkeli. I don´t remember much about the flight but there´s two things I won´t forget.The sound of Darts and the rectracting landing gear! It was very interesting to see the landing gear in operation.
A very good looking airplane!

Antti

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos