Likesplanes
Topic Author

Posthumous Bravery Awards For UA93 Passengers

Thu Nov 29, 2001 5:23 am

I do not know what awards are avaliable in the U.S., but here in Canada there are several degrees of bravery awards, that sometimes are awarded posthumously (meaning ofter death).
If it is not already underway, someone really needs to be looking into contacting the appropriate authorities in the U.S., maybe the Whitehouse itself, to see about honoring the courage of the passengers on UA93 with an appropriate citation for civillian bravery. Whatever is avaliable, it should be the highest possible.
Way too often in our western society,wether in Canada or the U.S.,the people we most admire are the rich and famous, like movie stars, sports figures, etc.
The funny thing though, is that when we hear of something truly remarkable or heroic being performed, it is almost always just an ordinary everyday person who ends up doing it. Something needs to be done to honor their memory. I would go so far to say that some type of memorial or monument to these people would not be out of the question. At the very least, some type of public ceremony with a medal in their honor should be provided for the people who were left behind to mourn them. The U.S. lost some of it's best on Sept 11. God bless them all.

FrequentFlyKid

RE: Posthumous Bravery Awards For UA93 Passengers

Thu Nov 29, 2001 6:01 am

I agree....

EGFF

Thu Nov 29, 2001 6:58 am

I totally agree with you, they should achieve the highest state of honour possible! Let's just hope and keep fingers crossed....
EGFF
All together or not at all

PPGMD

Thu Nov 29, 2001 8:38 am

The president authorized the creation of a new medal to be awarded to those who exbited great bravery during the tradegy of Sept 11th. Also all military personal that lost their lifes will be awarded the purple.
At worst, you screw up and die.