tygue

Aviation Medical

Sat Jul 24, 1999 12:26 pm

Ladies and Gents:
I was wondering what the full deal was with getting a medical for my private pilots license? I do not have perfect vision, in fact, I wear contact lenses to correct it. I just figured i'd see if I can pass it before I even schedule an appointement ) I am living in Canada. Any help is greatly appriuciated.

Thanks a lot.
Matt Andrews

Buff

RE: Aviation Medical

Sat Jul 24, 1999 2:07 pm

Matt: Give Transport Canada - Personnel Licensing a call at 666-5571 in the Vancouver area. They will give you a list of names of qualified doctors. From the way you describe your vision, it should present you with no problem at all.

Best Regards, and good luck!

Buff

flyinglen

Sat Jul 24, 1999 4:17 pm

Hi!!
I had a really bad vision problem. My eyes were so bad that I couldn't see the big "E" on the top of the eye chart. I got PRK surgery (laser) in Dec 97 and my vision is now 20-20 in one eye and 20-15 in the other. This might not be the typical result, but there is hope!!!! I believe that you can have 20-30 vision uncorrected to get a class 1(commercial) medical, I don't know how much for the class 3 (private). I also live in Canada( by Vancouver), and I thought that my vision would prevent me from flying, but I am happily well on my way for my commercial license. I strongly suggest to find out if you are within tolerances for the medical, if you aren't, you can get it fixed!!!. Good luck!!! You can email me at flyinglen@hotmail.com if you have a question about the surgery. Glen Purves

L-188

Sat Jul 24, 1999 5:39 pm

I don't know what the specifics to the East of where I am are but I was told that I would have no problems getting the FAA Class 1 medical with my eyesight. 20/50 left, 20/200 right. The key is that they are correctable to 20/20
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos