airmale

Lufthansa Seating On Asian Flights

Fri Nov 30, 2001 9:30 am

I flew Lufthansa in 1994 on the Karachi-Bahrain route aircraft was an A310-300 and was surprised to note that the German and other white passengers who boarded the flight at Karachi were not seated next to any of the Pakistani passengers onboard, why was it this way? do they also segregate passengers on other Asian routes Confused

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Florian Kondziela

.....up there with the best!

Snoopy

RE: Lufthansa Seating On Asian Flights

Fri Nov 30, 2001 10:45 am

That could have been a coincidence that most people were travelling in groups and asked to be seated together. I have flown Lufthansa often between Germany and Asia and have been seated next to a variety of different nationals from Chinese to Korean to Japanese.

Honestly, I don't think that the seating computers are equipped to segregate passengers according to race.

Skystar

Fri Nov 30, 2001 1:00 pm

In my experience on LH flights to HKG & SIN, there isn't much segregation.

Actually in hindsight, I'd say that in the forward part of the A340 Y cabin, there weren't any Asian pax on the SIN-FRA flight, but there weren't many Asian pax on the flight overall (despite it being full).

I'll have to conduct a demographic study next time  Smile

Cheers,

Justin

airmale

Fri Nov 30, 2001 11:33 pm

The segregation was also evident on the return leg with the flight originating in Frankfurt and heading to Karachi, can you explain this Confused
.....up there with the best!