Air Holland 2002 Identity Unveiled Here!

Sat Dec 01, 2001 12:54 am

It might take a while to open the link (525Kb) but here is the full new Air holland 2002 identity: http://www.webstudio.nl/liladesign/designillustrationsamples/view_alone.nhtml?profile=designillustrationsamples&UID=10030

Enjoy it and have a good weekend,

Air Orange

SN-A330

RE: Air Holland 2002 Identity Unveiled Here!

Sat Dec 01, 2001 12:57 am

very nice ! Well done Air Orange.

Regards, SN-A330
I would rather be flying...

CX Flyboy

Sat Dec 01, 2001 12:57 am

The beige one is nice, but the other is too "Euro-White"

Are these official colours?..or what you have done in your spare time?

N202PA

Sat Dec 01, 2001 12:58 am

AO,

Nice look! Personally, I really like the optional scheme best by *far*--it's clearly unique and distinctive. I really hope that Air Holland chooses it over the more plain "white belly" design. The tail is very nice-looking, though!

Keep up the good work, and thanks a lot for choosing to unveil your designs here!

N202PA

lindy field

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:01 am

I don't find it particularly revolutionary, but it is a substantial improvement over the old livery. Hope they eventually acquire a few more planes to apply it to.

Nice work--hope you get more contracts soon.

Cx Flyboy

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:01 am

Yes, these are the official new colours for Air holland which will be implemented in 2002. The airline is still concidering the final fuselage colours and it seems they will choose for the beige/sand coloured one. That would be the first European airline with a US-livery approach.

CX Flyboy

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:03 am

US-livery approach?

CxFlyboy

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:10 am

It is quite uncommon in Europe that airlines paint their aircraft totally in a differnet than white colour. In the USA you have colourful liveries aslike Northwest, United, Southwest, AirTran (do you remember Braniff and People Express: superb!!). The director of Air holland loves it very much. Personally I think the beige/sand livery would be great and would be revolutionair in European airspace. That's what I meant by the US-livery approach. In the US, airlines are much further with branding their aircraft than in Europe. The Europeans seem to be conservative in their livery designs, see also my own design for Antwerp based VLM Airlines (the final result is also an airline director decision).

GOT

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:16 am

Air Orange:

Very nice done, both of them, but I prefer the second beige on  Smile.

GOT
Just like birdwatching - without having to be so damned quiet!

CX Flyboy

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:18 am

ic, ic. Can't wait to see it then (The beige one that is!!!!!!)

sharpnfuzzy

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:24 am

Needs more orange.....

Sharpnfuzzy

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:38 am

Agree but I have created more than 100 designs for Air holland. There were some very spicy, Braniff look-a-like orange designs among them. It became more difficult for Air holland to decide. They are now planning to paint one aircraft in a very extraordinary livery... so who knows...

NoUFO

Sat Dec 01, 2001 1:49 am

Very nice Air Orange, thanks for this post.
Personally, I don't like beige and therefore I prefer the (mostly but not all-) white fuselage which looks very graceful combined with the almost very colorful tail.
And look: you have choosen local colors (the flag, orange) ... so why beige now? Grey and white are neutral colors but not beige IMO.

Did you try to put a logo or the ll on the engines?

Don't get me wrong, I like your work.

Regards,
NoUFO
I support the right to arm bears

Sat Dec 01, 2001 2:09 am

urge them to get beige.

sfointern

Sat Dec 01, 2001 2:11 am

Beautiful, Norbert!

I think the white one would be more timeless. It's not so much "Eurowhite" because of the original wavy bottom 'cheatline' what-have-you.

• SFO
  •  

Sat Dec 01, 2001 2:12 am

I like the tail colors a lot, but I think that the fuselauge could use more color on it, a little too much white for me.

Stephen

NoUFO

Sat Dec 01, 2001 2:35 am

The Air holland // symbol was already added on the engine cowls however small.

Ryefly

Sat Dec 01, 2001 2:58 am

Nice work Norbert! It's very striking. I may be one of the few in the bunch but I almost like the white better. Maybe where the bottom of the fusulage is gray making it orange like on the tail would have made a difference, but over all they both look great. One thing is for sure, if they do go with the beige, it will be a very different contribution to the airline industry...and thats a good thing. Congratulations once again.

P.S. What happened to the orange on the roof? Was it to simular to the red on Northwest or something? I thought that was a cool touch myself.

OO-VEG

Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:02 am

The tail is awesome however the white body is kind of yugh..
    I like the small // logo's on the engines and tail. However its a pitty of the fuselage, it would have looked better when the wavy bottom was darker.

SN-A330

Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:14 am

I actually like the white better than the sandy colour. I don't think the beige fits well with the colours on the tail.

Air Orange, could you show us some of the other designs you made for Air Holland, I really would like to know between which they could choose.

Regards, SN-A330

ph-kca

Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:31 am

The tail design is really great. Well done.
    But if Airho//and still has to decide about the fuselage colors I hope they'll go for the optional "sandy/beige" design.
    Hope to see the new Airho//and soon at Amsterdam-Schiphol.

BTW, is "Majoor Bosschardt" the new name of the aircraft?

Groeten, PH-KCA.

Iflymidwexprss

Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:36 am

Fantastic!!!  Smile
    I, too, especially like the beige one. Thanks a lot for sharing it with us! I hope we get to see more of your fine work in the future.
    Thanks again!
    Cheers,
    Ryan

tripple7

Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:44 am

Great job, I like the sandy one better. The white is a bit boring.

AirOrange, could you please show us some more of your more "revolutionary" designs for Air Holland? That would be great.

regards

tripple7

puck

Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:51 am

Hey fantastic! Looks great... I especially like the unique wave on the bottom of the fuselage.

Cheers,
    puck

aerorobnz

Sat Dec 01, 2001 6:29 am

I have a question, how did you get them to look at your work, or did they come to you??
    Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

RyeFly, Aerorobnz And Others...

Sat Dec 01, 2001 6:03 pm

Hi Ryan, sorry for having be so late to write you but I'm extremely busy; I try getting involved in the new Air Belgium, VG Airlines (new Belgium airline) an Irish new regional airline and a new coming huge US airline. Air holland didn't pick up the orange roof design. You see it is a very personal taste and choice of the involved airline director and ofcourse the end result is not bad at all. My favorite design is the one I showed you within this topic but than with a aluminium painted roof and a wavy dark blue belly: Air holland was not convinced as this wouldn't be a rare and striking livery; I agreed with them. I think Air holland and I decide to go for the beige and sandy coloured one with the orange tufted engine cowls and nose cone. Bye Ryan, thanks and I will keep in touch!

For you all thanks for all your comments. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to show you the other Air holland designs which were created during the design process which started in Spring 2000. Somewhere in 1998 I sent an acquisition design to Air holland. They kept it on their office and as I mentioned my company name and address on it they found me 2 years later for doing the identity change.

PH-KHC: Majoor Bosschardt is indeed the name of the plane PH-AHF. This good old lady is one of the most popular people among the Dutch Salvation Army.

Why Orange? Here Is The Answer...

Sat Dec 01, 2001 6:15 pm

Orange is the colour of the Dutch Royal House of Orange. Orange is also the callsign of Air holland.

Orange is a popular colour for the Dutch, even more popular than the national colours (red-white-blue). On Royal anniversary days and birthdays the Dutch are allowed to stick out the national flag combined with a orange banner in top. When you look at the roundel sign of the Royal Netherlands Air Force you will see red-white-blue with an orange stip in the middle.

Also in the sportsworld orange is the national colour when Holland has to battle with other nationalities. The Dutch soccer team's name is "Orange" and the players almost wear always the orange colour.

airnewzealand

Sat Dec 01, 2001 7:19 pm

I think it is stunning! Cant wait to see it unvailed!

Cheers
    mikey

PS: New USA Airline??
    Cya

9V-SVE

Sat Dec 01, 2001 7:32 pm

VERY NICE

Ryefly

Sun Dec 02, 2001 1:17 am

Hi Norbert, I am glad to hear your business is taking off. I bet that your pretty excited the Air Holland project is almost done. I know you have been working on it for a long time. The results looks great.

It's been a crazy year myself. I moved from Raleigh to Charlotte over the summer and got several new clients so my work load is double what it used to be. I love the city and met a ton of people, so it was a smart move.

Email me some time, my new address is in my profile. Take Care Norbert, and once again congratulations on a job well done for Air Holland.

A330-243

Sun Dec 02, 2001 1:46 am

Congratulations Air Orange!

The Dutch soccer team's name is "Orange" and the players almost wear always the orange colour.

Don't forget the fans too! A few years ago the the Euro championships were held in England. Netherlands were playing Scotland and the city centre was a sea of Orange!

Very friendly people too just enjoying themselves.

I would side with most here and say I prefer the sandy colours, however the white fuselage with the wave is nice.

Best of luck for your future projects.

In case you have not seen it another airline group is using orange in their new colours also.
    http://www.algonet.se/~ulldani/pictures/73511.jpg

SN-A330

RE: RyeFly, Aerorobnz And Others...

Sun Dec 02, 2001 4:37 pm

I try getting involved in the new Air Belgium, VG Airlines (new Belgium airline) an Irish new regional airline and a new coming huge US airline.

Hi Air Orange,

Could you tell us some more about these new airlines or is it topsecret ?

Regards, SN-A330

SN-A330

Sun Dec 02, 2001 5:27 pm

Sorry, no further information is yet available for unveiling.

LJ

Sun Dec 02, 2001 7:36 pm

Air Orange, you're not talking about Sky Net as the new Irish regional airline or are you?

Regards
    Laurens

Lj

Sun Dec 02, 2001 7:46 pm

No, I was informed with another name but that doesn't mean it will be the definite one.

apuneger

Sun Dec 02, 2001 8:15 pm

Very nice job, Air Orange.

As pointed out by other members, I prefer the optional colour scheme, but that doesn't mean that the other one is bad, on the contrary I would say...

Really, I'm amazed....Wow

Ivan
    Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

Apuneger, Majoor Bosschardt

Sun Dec 02, 2001 8:24 pm

Thanks Ivan. I think the airline will go for the ivory coloured livery as white is quite common. Even perhaps the belly colour could still be changed into orange or another colour. The final fuselage colours will be decided coming Friday at Air holland's head office at Schiphol Airport.

MAJOOR BOSSCHARDT is the name for the PH-AHF. She is the most popular woman within the Dutch branch of the Salvation Army.

Braniff Place

Sun Dec 02, 2001 9:33 pm

Wow! I love the golden one very innovative! I believe it should of had the rippled part on the tail in shades of bronze and ivory to match the fuselage but still looks beautiful. Huh, it a funny thing i have designed 8 different liveries on a voluntary basis for this man's VA and all i get is very abrupt emails stating his dissatisfaction with them. I feel sad and used.

BRANIFF PLACE

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos