cmb320

AA DFW-HNL

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:20 am

Posted this on the Trip Reports section as well.

I'll be flying AA first class between DFW and HNL in February, and was curious about a few things.
I had originally booked United first class between LAX and OGG, but opted for AA because of the excellent service I've been provided by AA in the past.

How is first class on AA's 767's? Between DFW-HNL?
How is the service?

Thanks

bacardi182

RE: AA DFW-HNL

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:30 am

you will be getting domestic first class service, so no ice cream sundays, leg rests, or ptvs. There will be a few tv shows played on the main screen and you still will be served food and all the beverages you want. Chances are someone will tell you to fly continental so you can fly buisness elite which has ptvs, leg rests, and probley more leg room. But AA has great service weither it be international or domestic flights. Hell, the flight attendants bake fresh cookies and are more then happy to give you thousands of cups of coffee!

762er

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:40 am

In terms of service, it will be fine. But if you want sit take the best first class to Hawaii, CO 764's are the easy choice. The 763's TWA(now AA) uses on it's STL-OGG and STL-HNL routes still have leg rests and a generous recline in first class. I think AA will be changing that soon though. I've flown the STL-OGG route in first class several times and I've never had better service to Hawaii. In Jan I'll be going PIT-DFW-OGG, and return OGG-STL-PIT. All on American, and TWA/AA on the return flight. It'll be good.

aa777flyer

Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:45 am

The service will be fine. I flew it a number of years ago on a DC-10 and it was quite good. There will be ice cream sundays, other than that it is a trans con two class meal service in First. AA's 763, for Hawaii do have leg rests although the leg room is minimal. If you can try and get seat 2D or 2G.

The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!

railmatt

Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:04 am

Great food and service in AA First Class service DFW-HNL. The 767-300 Hawaiian market aircraft do have leg rest equipped seats in First Class.

The First Class seats on these flights appear to be the same ones used in Biz Class on International flights with somewhat less leg room. I found them comfortable.

KKMolokai

Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:17 pm

I routinely fly on the DFW-HNL flight on my frequent visits home to Hawaii ... AA's Hawaiian 767 LuxuryLiners do have leg rests in First Class, however, the legroom is minimal. And yes, these are the same seats used in AA's Business Class Cabins (again, with less room however).

AA's Hawaiian Flagship Lunch/Dinner service in First Class is not as luxurious as that on the International trips, however, it is okay, and much better than that in coach. And yes, it does include the Ice Cream Sundae's.

Aloha.
We are the people of American Airlines. And we know why you fly.

baec777

Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:36 pm

I havent flown first class at all since first time flying, i will when I becomes a MULTI-MILLIONAIRE individual...!!!

Baec777  Big thumbs up