alasta

What Do You Think About Lauda Air's Amadeus Class

Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:23 am

I want to know if somebody had ever had a bad flight with Lauda Air in there Amadeus Class. I am currently working on a story on Lauda's Business Class the Amadeus Class. http://www.alasta.nl/index1.html So if you can help I would be pleased.

eta unknown

RE: What Do You Think About Lauda Air's Amadeus Class

Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:20 am

Flew KUL-SYD-MEL on OE-LAA. I found the seats to be uncomfortable- but that's my opinion. Food was unimpressive and not that much different to economy class (I went for a walk down the back and compared). On the plus side, the 777 was completely spotlessly clean.

alasta

Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:14 pm

I found that they have the best Catering around. Virgin Atlantic's Upper Class is also very strong !!

airblue

Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:21 pm

I haven't experienced their Amadeus class on long haul, but I tryed one time their business class on an European flight and it's sure one of the best.
I'm not surprise they won a lot of awards in the last years for their business class service.

BestWestern

Thu Dec 06, 2001 9:27 pm

As Austrian Airlines are planning to use Lauda soley for Charter traffic, we can expect the Lauda product to change dramatically over the next six - twelve months
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

stargold

Thu Dec 06, 2001 9:37 pm

Yes, OS is planning to use NG solely for charter traffic.

But you forgot to mention that OS will actually take over NG's profitable routes for operation by OS.

For example, the Australia flight will be taken over by the OS planes/crew.

So... if you were going to fly NG on a non-holiday route, chances are you will be able to enjoy OS's excellent product.

Andreas

Thu Dec 06, 2001 9:38 pm

I'm afraid you're right, Bestwestern.
As concerns the food, they have/or had a cook onboard on long-haul services. Of course this helps a lot to improve the otherwise mediocre overall quality of airline catering in general. (I heard good things about LH's "connoisseurs on board" catering and when I tasted it for the first time I was somewhat disappointed, ok, better than average, but not more).
Their inflight entertainment is quite good and they hand out little amenity bags that even cater to aspiring members-to-be in the mile high club *ggg*, that is true!!)
Regards
Andreas
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

alasta

Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:53 pm

I sure dont hope that OS will take over their flights to Australia. I always fly them to Australia. 5 times a week they offer flights now. If OS will do so I think only once or twice than from VIE-KUL-SYD-MEL

Fri Dec 07, 2001 2:18 am

bmi British Midland also have an onboard chef in their J class transatlantic ops to IAD and ORD from MAN - a really good service!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos