gmonney

Fedex @ YYZ Question?

Mon Dec 10, 2001 8:37 am

I was hanging around YYZ today and I went south on Bramalea Rd. from Derry. Just behind the Fedex building on Derry, I think it looks like fedex is getting a new facility on the north end of the airport.

Does anyone know what will happen to the old area, is that where the new rwy 23L is going? I have heard that they are going to be building another same as 24...to have a total of 4 east/west rwys.

Thanks,
Grant
Drive it like you stole it!

slawko

RE: Fedex @ YYZ Question?

Mon Dec 10, 2001 9:32 am

Yeah, vista will be shut down in a year or so. Fedex built themselves that new HUGE building just north of the Current 23/05, the airport also extened taxiway J all the way to the end of 05 and built a big ramp for the fedex building. As far as I know there are plans to expand the north end ramp so that it stretches from it's current location all the way to the new fedex area, which mean tthat etobicoke creek will have to be put in a tube. Vista is shutting down because it is currently located at the threshold of the future 23L.
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

gmonney

RE: Fedex @ YYZ Question?

Mon Dec 10, 2001 10:34 am

Thanks buddy, see you soon at threshold!!

Grant
Drive it like you stole it!