Lufthansa747
Topic Author

KLM Stops Serving Meals In European Y

Tue Dec 11, 2001 8:21 am

From www.klm.com:

Due to the current airline situation KLM has been forced to take various measures.

As of 28 October 2001, the in-flight service product onboard the KLM operated European flights has been adjusted, predominantly in Economy Class. Despite the changes KLM offers her passengers a good and competitive product, geared to the lenght of the flight and the demand of the passengers.

On shorter Business class flights a light cold meal will be served, on the longer flights we offer either a cold or a hot meal.

On shorter flights in Economy class nuts and/or cookies plus refreshments will be served and on longer flights sandwiches and refreshments will be served.

We have abolished all special meals, but all services on board in Economy Class comply with Hindu, Moslem, Vegetarian, Asian Vegetarian criteria.

In addition to a changing food and beverage concept, simultaneously adjustments in the supply of newspapers and facilities for babies and children have been carried out. In Economy Class newspapers are no longer offered and European flights no longer have children’s products on board.

There have been no changes in KLM's Intercontinental In-flight Service
------------------------

I wonder if my 2h40 flight qualifies for a sandwich or maybe just peanuts!! Mind you, last time I had a nice hot meal!

Lufthansa747
Helsinki, Finland
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

AY-MD11

RE: KLM Stops Serving Meals In European Y

Tue Dec 11, 2001 8:53 am

oh man..That sucks!I liked the food what KLM had on the European routes.So do you know if the fares are still the same but without dinner?That really is sad  Sad Bring the meals back!!! lol

regards,
AY-MD11

Lufthansa747
Topic Author

Tue Dec 11, 2001 8:55 am

No, the fares aren't the same, they have added a surcharge of USD5 per segment!

I just hope AY and SK will keep serving meals on european routes...

Lufthansa747
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

teahan

Tue Dec 11, 2001 8:58 am

Hello,

Well that is just bad news, another reason to fly low fares airlines, especially the ones that are honest, well more honest than a certain O'Leary (thinking along the lines of Easy and Buzz, no I am not saying they are totally honest, but they are definitely more honest)

Jeremiah
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

Konstantinos

Tue Dec 11, 2001 9:33 am

I'll have to cook and take on the flight my own meal now. and fork and knife. ... and drink ?

I have a better idea ! With most people being scared to travel, they tend to go to the toilet all the time and use all the paper. How about the airline cuts the toilet paper ? It's not a bad idea, you know.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos