doug

Mia American Terminal

Fri Jul 30, 1999 11:35 am

the plans were displayed for american airlines new miami terminal.it will have gates in a long linear formation,american eagle will hav a seperate 20 gate facility.we are still waitng for the start of construction

RE: Mia American Terminal

Fri Jul 30, 1999 12:16 pm

Considering I live next door to Miami (reside in Ft. Lauderdale), this construction project is going to be interesting. I wonder how the engineers will pull it off.

LanFan

Fri Jul 30, 1999 12:36 pm

Well, I literally live next door. My home is about one half mile of 9R/L approach, and my office is practically ar the threshhold of 9L. All the heavies from AA, Lufthansa, and BA among others can be seen every afternoon. I wonder how Political Corruption will play a role in this. A lot of major MIA administrators have been found guilty of wrongdoing. Please send more infol

Jay
Miami, Fl

FLY777UAL

Fri Jul 30, 1999 3:11 pm

So, is this terminal being funded by AA (and their alliance partners) only, as they will be the only airline(s) to operate out of their new terminal...or will AA's pax. being walking through the terminal paid for by UA, TW, DL, NW, JI, US, etc?!?!?!?!?

FLY777UAL

doug

Sat Jul 31, 1999 2:02 am

all of the airlines serving mia will help pay for american's terminal as well as the rest of the 5 billion$ being spent.that has been the hold up for the past 6years.the construction of the terminal will be done literally while the old one is still being used.and as far as politically i dont trust local government with all that money,but most if not all will come from airport bonds,increased airpor passenger fees,and the airlines them self.

Sat Jul 31, 1999 2:53 am

A note to add:
Since AA's new terminal is farther away from the eye sight at the tower, AA is funding MIA to build a new tower that is twice as high as the old tower, to be able to see the new terminal of AAs.

Rooz

doug

Sat Jul 31, 1999 3:01 am

that tower is being built as we speak it is already at the height of the present tower