VG Airlines Rough Artist Impression Unveiled

Sat Dec 22, 2001 4:57 am

When you touch this link and you scroll downwards you will see the first rough impression of the VG Airlines A330-200. The final and sharp resolution digital picture will be unveiled between X-mas and New Year.

http://www.webstudio.nl/liladesign/designillustrationsamples/view.nhtml?profile=designillustrationsamples&UID=10034

Have fun and nice days!

Air Orange

lindy field

RE: VG Airlines Rough Artist Impression Unveiled

Sat Dec 22, 2001 5:03 am

The color looks much darker--is that a change or is it just the monitor I'm using at the moment? Anyway, it looks much less like Qatar's colorscheme that the previous version. The near black top is quite distinctive. I hope VG actually flies--though they should still consider a name change.

airDD

Sat Dec 22, 2001 5:05 am

Nice job, Air Orange

Now waiting to see the real plane take off in your livery.

airDD

gerardo

Sat Dec 22, 2001 5:10 am

Nice job, Air Orange!!

Can I draw the conclusion, that you somewhat don't like white fusleages?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Gerardo
dominguez(dash)online(dot)ch ... Pushing the limits of my equipment

Gerardo

Sat Dec 22, 2001 5:14 am

Hi Gerardo,

I know you are an Airbus lover so I think you'll love this one too. I do not hate white fuselages but I like also coloured ones. I have to go off line now due to some other appointments.

Bye

apuneger

Sat Dec 22, 2001 8:11 am

For those of you that are to tired to click on the hyperlink:

Nice job!

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

apuneger

Sat Dec 22, 2001 8:11 am

to=too of course. Sorry about that one!

Ivan

Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

peterba69

Sat Dec 22, 2001 9:17 am

The scheme looks great! I think that if you took it to somewhere in the Middle East, though, you would find the temp's getting a little too excessive, with the interiors melting and the avionics crashing. That's why the white tops. Even the oldies with all silver fuselages (polished or painted) get hotter than Hell. I was in AZ at the Pima Air Museum, and everything was "Hellish".  Acting devilish Happy Holidays to all.
Peter

Peterba69

Sat Dec 22, 2001 3:58 pm

I am wondering how Dallas Love Field based "Southwest" managed its inflight climate when they flew the Sea World Shamu liveries. Belgium has not a hot climate even most of the supposed VG Airlines desitinations are not too hot for this livery.

I'm aware there are heat reflecting paints like being used on the dark blue painted roofs of US-Airways.

Braniff Place

Sat Dec 22, 2001 4:26 pm

Honestly it does not look of 'rough' quality.
BRANIFF PLACE

SN-A330

Sat Dec 22, 2001 10:16 pm

Nice job Air Orange, but like Lindy Fielf said, the color looks much darker on this drawing then on the previous ones.

Regards, SN-A330
I would rather be flying...

Sat Dec 22, 2001 10:42 pm

Don't forget that Royal Jodanian uses a similar shade of grey ... and temperatures in AMM in summer are rather extreme, to say the least!

USAirBWI

Sun Dec 23, 2001 12:00 am

Air Orange,
I'd just like to say your work is extremely well done. You are very talented.

USAirBWI

About The Dark Colour And The Heat.

Sun Dec 23, 2001 12:41 am

Perhaps you still remember the first VG Airlines livery design; it had a light grey roof, tailfin and engine cowls with graphite grey texts and a white belly.

But as the client's whish was to change the light grey into graphite grey; the whole livery became more sturdy, young and became a more outspoken appeal. The, previous, light grey design, looked "too matured, too old; like an old man". I pointed my client to the heat problem a dark roof colour will occure but to the client's opinion the image and expression is more important. As I did my duty to point my client to the disadvantage I have to respect the client's whish. Honestly speaking I prefer this final "dark-roof" design much more too.

The solution for the heat problem is to turn on the cabin airconditioning to the highest level; I'm aware it will cost VG more fuel.