Aeromexico495
Topic Author

Crappiest Airline In Your Country?

Sun Dec 23, 2001 2:22 am

Hello!!

I was wondering whatis the crappiest airline of your country? For the US, I cant really say anything becuse they have all been great. But for Mexico, Aerolineas Internationales id the crappiest.

YOUR OPINION???????

Aeromexico495

teahan

RE: Crappiest Airline In Your Country?

Sun Dec 23, 2001 3:09 am

Hello,

Don't really reply to these posts, but for me in Ireland, crappiest airline is Aer Arann. Still waiting for news about that picture they "borrowed" from me for an add in a newspaper, and that is about 8 months ago at this stage.

Jeremiah
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

UK_Dispatcher

Sun Dec 23, 2001 4:58 am

So, Teahan - what makes that carrier so bad??

RJ_Delta

Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:03 am

HI:

Altough in Chile we have only two carriers (Lan Chile/Lan Express, and Aero Continente Chile)., with a good service; the crappiest airline in chile would be Aero Continente Chile.

Best Regards,
RJ_Delta.

airmale

Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:05 am

In Pakistan its Aero Asia, but theyre highly successful Smile
.....up there with the best!

UK_Dispatcher

Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:06 am

Now come on, Airmale - you can't complain about an airline that still flies BAC 1-11s on scheduled services!!!

airmale

Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:19 am

E4's RomBac 111's are grounded because the management refused to patronise the cockpit crew and increase there salaries and benefits, so they quit now they have Yak42's with Russian crew and no issues Smile
.....up there with the best!

OH-LZA

Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:19 am

Teahan

Get a lawyer to contact them, i'm quite sure they would respond quickly.

Alexander

teahan

Sun Dec 23, 2001 5:40 am

Hello,

UK_Dispatcher, well as I mentioned, they stole my picture. I also had other personal reasons for hating them, including replacing one of my favourite airlines (Aer Lingus) from my local airport to Dublin (ok, that doesn't make them crappy)

OH-LZA, a little easier said than done. That will cost me more than I ever could hope to get out of them for the picture. Tried to bring them to the small claims court for €10 until I found out that the small claim's court only deals with consumer issues. Still trying to think up something.

Jeremiah
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

N766UA

Sun Dec 23, 2001 6:47 am

AirTrash... I mean Tran.
This Website Censors Me

jetBlue320

Sun Dec 23, 2001 6:53 am

Well, Seems like N766UA has some talking to do. I have flown on AirTRAN Twice, and they are a fantastic airline. I cannot say the same for U N T I E D Airlines. Alot of people will agree that Airtran is probably much better than UNTIED.

jetBlue320

Sun Dec 23, 2001 6:55 am

Chances are N766UA has not ever flown AIRTRAN AIRWAYS. He is just judging them because he is a little 14 year old who thinks he knows more about them than someone who has flown them does.

America West

Sun Dec 23, 2001 7:11 am

N7766UA: What the hell are you talking about? AirTran? I have never flown with United or AirTran, but price wise, I can tell you that I'd take their $38.00 round trip fares into Midway over United's $485.00 to O'Hare anyday!

Sun Dec 23, 2001 7:15 am

Although they are no longer flying, my vote goes to Tower Air. I've never flown them, but I never saw ONE positive report on them here, nor any other airline site.

watewate

Sun Dec 23, 2001 7:20 am

Air Canada.

Their service isn't too bad, but their skyrocket fares and predatory tactics don't sit too well with me.

trickijedi

Sun Dec 23, 2001 7:21 am

Hey Climbout, hiya been! Haven't seen you around here lately!

Even though Philippine Airlines pretty much has a monopoly on air travel in the Philippines, a lot of people still don't like their service and their overall culture of how they do things. But of course, no one can really complain. What else are the people going to fly?
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:39 am

I'm doing great, Trick' Big thumbs up Eventhough I've been busy, I can't stay away from my fav site too long.

Speaking of Philippine Airlines, I get excited every time one comes in to lax.

Jason Seiple

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:49 am

I wouldn't say AirTran is the best airline based on two trips with them... I could take two, even three or four of my trips with AA and say they are the worst airline on the planet (well, American Eagle was responsible for three of those rather interesting trip interruptions/cancellations/changes and misplacing luggage) but actually AA is the carrier I prefer to fly with.

I could take my two flights with AeroMexico that went perfect and claim them to be flawless, which isn't a fact.

My friend thought Southwest was the greatest thing on the planet until his trip home for Thanksgiving was ruined and thanks to two cancellations (one going, one coming) and Southwest's policy of not putting customers on other airlines (which is bad when the other WN flights are sold out). Good thing he has many other flights with them in the past to see they are overall a good carrier that just has its moments like the rest.

OH-LZA

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:54 am

Teahan

Try to publically ruin their reputation and/or bombard them with messages asking for compensation.

Alexander

AC340

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:03 am

my vote for crappiest airline in Canada goes to Air Transat. The service is terrible, the meals inedible and the seat pitch horrible.

Watewate, your objections to Air Canada are multually exclusive. How can they skyrocket fares and undercut competition at the same time? Air Canada has excellent service, recognised world wide. I agree that their fares can be a bit high at times, but it really is the only way Air Canada can ever hope to recover from their current financial problem, since Collenette has prevented them from doing it any other way.

Superfly

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:34 am

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Ramon Berk

Cuntinental Airlines.

Not a bad airline, I just like all other US carriers better. They seem to have fallen from grace more than the others. There fleet is boring, there livery is boring, there service is dull and even there hub cities are boring.
What a boring airline.
Bring back the Concorde

Superfly

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:36 am

Embarrassment Embarrassment Embarrassment
Sorry for the typo! Embarrassment

I meant to say Continental Airlines.

Please forgive me.
Bring back the Concorde

fanofjets

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:53 am

The worst US airline I flew was Rich International. Service? What service? Service on my LGW to JFK flight consisted of a stewardess commanding passengers to lower their window shades, presumably so everyone would go to sleep. Indeed, meal service (a single cold sandwich) was given as the plane started its descent. Pass me an airsickness bag!
The aeroplane has unveiled for us the true face of the earth. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

RP TPA

Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:21 am

Fanofjets...

I may be mistaken, but I heard from someone that Rich International Airlines is named for the same guy whose name adorns Rich Stadium in Buffalo, home of the 2-11 Bills. So basically, you flew on a 2-11 airline.

N1641

Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:43 am

in my limited experience United is the worst US carrier, my wife went to Texas from Boise and every flight of hers was late causing her to miss 1, I wouldnt have been quite so irritated if she wasnt pregnant while running across airports to catch flights its also pretty pathetic for your flights to be late in and out of Boise where there isnt much traffic, here its taxi right out to the runway and when you land taxi right to the gate no waiting, straight in.

IMissPiedmont

RE: Superfly

Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:54 am

Sure it was a typo. I believe you, I really do. I mean it. Seriously!
The day you stop learning is the day you should die.

MEA-707

Sun Dec 23, 2001 12:31 pm

hmmm... I flew many of your "crappy" airlines.... I happened to have flown and like most of them;
-Aerolineas Internacionales ; although they have old but faithful 727s, cheaper service than overpriced AM and MX on (selected) domestic flights. Friendly service, no meals but lots of booze ! (flew Mexico-Aguascalientes in 2000)
- AirTran; cheap, fun service, they can bring you from/to everywhere in eastern US for less than $100, which other airline can claim that? I flew five flights with them, not for nothing
- Aer Arann was OK on Dublin-Sligo. Well... in a spring storm at least we arrived in one piece in the shaken' and stirred Short 360. Roundtrip was only 50 IP or so...
- United ; flew many many flights. The US domestic airline who give nice meals on flights (like DEN-SFO or FLL-ORD) when their competitors don't.

So my message is that everyone's taste differs, we can't agree on airlines everyone hates... I love classic aircraft so thumbs up for airlines which I haven't flown, like Rich (last airline to fly passenger DC-8), Tower (one of the last flying passenger 747-100s) etc. too...
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

wjv04

Sun Dec 23, 2001 12:38 pm

simple..
AIR CANADA

airplanetire

Sun Dec 23, 2001 12:39 pm

The crappiest in the US is Air Tran. They're terrible. I flew them from ATL to MIA and back on their DC-9s. The plane was incredibly cramped, loud no matter where you were, and really dirty. My dad had asked for a window seat, so they said that they would get us one. They got us a "window seat". It was one of those seats in the very back of the plane next to the engine where the window is covered up. I thought I'd be deaf after that flight it was so loud back there. I don't want to sound like I always have to get what I want, but they did a plain pathetic job on those flights in all ways possible. I think those were the only two flights I've ever had that I didn't really like.

trickijedi

Sun Dec 23, 2001 3:43 pm

Superfly,

A little Freudian slip there?  Laugh out loud

Climbout,

Yeah you're the lucky one. PAL discontinued service to Chicago a loooong time ago. Everytime I go to SFO I always look for one though.

So when are you going to be opening up one of your centers here in Chicago.  Big thumbs up
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

rlwynn

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:26 pm

Northwest, For subjecting us to the cramped DC-10s on any flight that I would be interrested on taking with them. It is not even comfortable when you have all 5 center seats to yourself. I would rather fly on a sold out AA mrtc 767 across the Atlantic than an empty NWA DC-10.
I can drive faster than you

ly772

Sun Dec 23, 2001 9:34 pm

Well in Israel there are only three airlines.

Click for large version

Photo © Jorgos Tsambikakis

El Al

Click for large version

Photo © Jorgos Tsambikakis

Arkia

Click for large version

Photo © Ian Bowley

Israir

I dont like Israir.

Braniff Place

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:04 pm

UHHHH dirty Qantas son of a bitch airline one company i wish would go down. What a terrible airline.

Hate their livery, dreadful uniform and interiors and service low-class northwest style.

Click for large version

Photo © Jason Milligan

Click for large version

Photo © Frank Schaefer

Click for large version

Photo © Colin Zuppicich

Click for large version

Photo © Jason Milligan

Even though they made a beautiful retro airline in the good old days when all airlines were fantastic.

Click for large version

Photo © Mel Lawrence

BRANIFF PLACE

Mark2102

Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:59 pm

The only airline is Continental where I live. They are very nice on those planes and they have gotten better planes and service as the years went on. Back in 1998, my dad flew AA to ORD. There was a storn coming in and every other airline was getting planes out of ORD. There was like a 3 hour delay for CO and Delta. they just halted all the planes and grounded them all till the morning. That was the worst airline I think any of my family flew. I only flew America West and CO. I love America West. They are on-time and super nice!!

Mark

Airplanelover

Mon Dec 24, 2001 12:10 am

JetBlue - I totally agree that United is probably the crappiest in our country. Flew them PIT-ORD-SLC-ORD-PIT 2 years ago and all 4 of our flights were delayed and the flight attendants were very rude. I actually like Air Tran, my dad flies them alot on business and I flew them once and they were so much better than United!

Hoffa

Mon Dec 24, 2001 12:26 am

Without a doubt: AirTran, AirScab, AirToilet (whatever you want to call it). Most low-fare airlines have the model of getting you there and back safely and cheaply down pat, but not FL.

MIAspotter

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:36 am

AVENSA/SERVIVENSA in Venezuela Oh my God they are the crappiest of them all very old fleet of DC9 and lousy 727 all dirty and poorly maintained and they are always late.

I flew with them when i was a kid and they were pretty normal but nowadays they are the worst i have never heard a good comment of them lately

Cheers

MIAspotter  Nuts
Nos vamos de Vueling?

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:47 am

"Most low-fare airlines have the model of getting you there and back safely and cheaply down pat, but not FL", because they actually provide better service than their main full-service competitor Delta on some routes. The frequent flyer program is one of the best in the industry, and they have won numerous awards from the FAA.

Jason Seiple

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:50 am

Lowfareair,
Actually people prefer to just give their frequent flyer number at check-in instead of having to collect stupid coupons, save them, and mail them in within a certain time period.

b747ca

Superfly

Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:55 am

Not a bad airline, I just like all other US carriers better. They seem to have fallen from grace more than the others. There (their) fleet is boring, there (their) livery is boring, there (their) service is dull and even there (their) hub cities are boring.

Not trying to an a**hole, just a pet peeve.
ma va funk ulo

jetBlue320

Mon Dec 24, 2001 2:20 am

Anyone who says Airtran is bad has not flown them yet. Everyone I talk to who has flown them has liked them. Jason has flown the old airtran before the merger so it doesn't really count. Try flying them from JAX-ATL and you will see that they are good. I enjoyed flying them every minute (except their Boeing 737 Crapholes)

covert

Mon Dec 24, 2001 2:43 am

cant complain...
none

BDRules

Brannif Place

Mon Dec 24, 2001 2:46 am

What a twatty comment to make about QANTAS. They are a very good airline as far as i am concerned. I flew them to Australia and Back and their service was impecable. They looked after me and my sister very well and nothing was too much trouble. I think you need to look at other airlines such as Branniff they wernt so crash hot were they. im not saying they were bad but not brill.
As far as i am concerned Airtours International/Mytravel are the worst airline that i have ever travelled on, but they werent that bad really.

Regards BDRules  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

N1641

Mon Dec 24, 2001 2:47 am

i do believe HP has ranked #1 in late flights for at the least the last 2 years, think they got #1 for lost baggage this last year too.

"I only flew America West and CO. I love America West. They are on-time and super nice!! "

Jason Seiple

Mon Dec 24, 2001 2:49 am

Actually Jacob,
Jason has flown the new AirTran on several occasions, including the mentioned JAX-ATL route on the new B717's. I saw nothing special over the other carriers and quite frankly would have rather ridden DL's B767-300 to ATL that took off in front of us. I would have at least gotten SkyMiles for that flight and the price was the same as AirTran.
Check-in agents weren't what I'd call nice and the flight attendants showed absolutely no emotion (which may be a good thing). Return flight ATL-JAX had a maintenance delay with no apologies.

I'd rank my AirTran experience as a little below average.

Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:39 am

Jason, want to guess how much the walk-up fare was on DL ATL-TLH before AirTran came in? $374 o/w. Now? $271 r/t. I guess that you think that the extra DL serivce is worth about $500.

Jason Seiple

Mon Dec 24, 2001 3:45 am

I didn't say that I hated AirTran, nor did I say they didn't help lower prices.

They may lower prices, like Southwest does on many routes, but I prefer to take the other airline.

Using walk-up fares as an example will not work with me. I rarely have ever had to pay a walk-up fare. Compare advanced purchase fares and you'll get what many travelers care about.

In the situations where I have had to travel on the walk-up fare (just a couple of them) including a recent death in the family, the time in which I was able to get home was more important than the price (which at walk-up is not really that different between most airlines, maybe $100).

I Like Cunt And Airlines!

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:01 am

Cuntinental Airlines... I know it is a type error of Superfly. I do not agree with the comments of Superfly but I like cunt and airlines both very much. Superb name Cuntinental Airlines!!

Crappiest airline in my country: Dutch Bird; they have an excellent service but their livery is 100% crap and carbage.

DLL10

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:07 am

For Germany : Definitely LTU - bad service, low safety, no reliability

Mon Dec 24, 2001 4:18 am

United - Ugly livery, never on time, 3 of my flights have been canclled, and they have some of the most expensive fares I've ever seen.

America West was doing great in November! They were on time 86% and their baggage mishandlings were down to 3%. They have come a long way.