ly772

My First Flying Lesson...need Some Help!

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:18 pm

In March 2002 I am going to start learning to fly cessnas and I don't know what to expect. At about 400 shekels an hour, I want to be able to get everything out of every lesson. What should I expect on my first lesson? The 400 shekels an hour is only when we fly, but when we are on the ground, it is a lot less so maybe I will stay on the ground for a while and learn every control. Any advice for me? I really am nervous. BTW, I plan, by the end of the summer to fly a cessna to TLV and back. Maybe take some pics of LY planes as I land. Anyways, I am really excited but could use a few words of advice.

SQ325

RE: My First Flying Lesson...need Some Help!

Sun Dec 23, 2001 10:29 pm

In my first lesson I tried to get the feeling for the reaction the aircraft had regarding to the manouvers.
I tried to fly turns without losing altitude, that sounds crazy but is not that easy! You learn how to use all rudders.
Landing and take will be executed by the instructor but basicly the first hour is to take any fear away from you!
You'll love your first session.

regards bjoern

txagkuwait

Sun Dec 23, 2001 11:36 pm

Just remember...to make the cows get smaller, pull back on the stick.

flightsimfreak

Mon Dec 24, 2001 2:02 am

What's this about the instructor doing the takeoff and landing on the first lesson??? Mine let me do it all on even the introductory flight! Also, everyone needs to know that I just soloed on the 20th

Mon Dec 24, 2001 6:07 am

Well, I guess you made your inscription to a flying school where you'll have a real course frame with practice & theory. No need to worry about your first hour, and all the other subsequent ones really. Like SQ325 said, your introduction flight consists in giving you a first contact with the plane and make you discover the feel of the airplane. Your flight instructor will monitor your progress and performance and nobody will let you (or anybody) go solo or else if they don't feel you're ready.

BTW as a coincidence, I just did my first solo a few hours ago. And sorry to deceive you FlightSimFreak but we're both a bit some kind slow learner since I did it as well after 20ish hours and the standard is about 15 hours usually  Big grin . And I also took it off and (almost) landed it at the first hour. Must say, due to the kind of job I have, I can't follow a regular course, so I have to do the theory on my own with my books and fly when I can, which can be sometimes months apart between two sessions. But what counts anyway is how good, and especially how safe you are when it's time to pass your licence  Big thumbs up . As my instructor told me, many slow learners become eventually the best pilots as they tend to be more carefull, more assessive and more cool head persons.

So don't worry and enjoy it the most you can. You won't regret it.

Av8trxx

What To Expect...

Mon Dec 24, 2001 6:16 am

Go to this site, it will help you learn about what is covered and what to expect on your first few lessons-

http://www.firstflight.com

Coolair

Mon Dec 24, 2001 6:48 am

LY772 where are you going to learn? at herzelia? what company?

SkyGuy11

Wed Dec 26, 2001 2:45 pm

I would get a poster of the plane's cockpit you'll be flying in and look it over if you really want to learn the controls and insturments. Also, get the POH now and look it over and mabey buy a few avation books to keep you interested and learning. RELAX!!! Why are you nervous now if the lesson isn't until March!?! Most of all, just try to enjoy it and not get caught up in the fast pace of it all. Have fun!

qwerty882

Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:01 pm

Fly more MS flight simulator to get the instrument scan out of the way. Practise flying while carrying out your checks. Try to memorise the procedures and checks so that you wont be bothered by them while trying to absorb what the instructor is trying to teach you.

Smile Like what Skyguy said, stay relax and have fun.

AWspicious

Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:25 pm

Stay away from tall buildings.

Seriously, though.... Everything said thus far will be helpful. Above all - Relax. However, if you're still too nervous on your first flight, (i declined control) ...don't worry, you'll probably do better on your next... although, 400 dollars in any language is a lot of money, so you definitly want to get the most for your money.

Good... no... GREAT luck!
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

Wed Dec 26, 2001 3:31 pm

Do not fly flight sim, as a VFR pilots you should be able to fly without them, let alone relay on them.
Iain

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos