johnnybgoode

New Condor Destination?

Sat Dec 29, 2001 8:23 am

according to Aero International, german aviation magazine, Condor has recently introduced service to
Fregaté Island (FRK), Seychelles.
service is being operated twice a week via Mahé (SEZ), although the article doesn´t mention the origin port, but that should be FRA.

has anyone heard of that? i couldn´t find any evidence anywhere online so maybe one of you could help me out?

rgds
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

johnnybgoode

RE: New Condor Destination?

Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:48 pm

come on, none of you amadeus-buffs or whatever has any clue?????  Wink/being sarcastic

cheers
daniel

airsicknessbag

Sat Dec 29, 2001 10:02 pm

I picked up the Condor summer 2002 schedule yesterday; I don´t remember seeing Frégate being announced as new destination on the cover; might be wrong, though.

Daniel Smile

vfw614

Sat Dec 29, 2001 11:29 pm

Well, if it has been in AERO, it must be true...  Wink/being sarcastic As you will have noticed, they only publish airline or airport press releases and don't question what they get - or even do own research.

The truth behind the story should be that Condor and Air Seychelles recently entered into a code-share agreement. The "Condor" flights to FRK therefore should be connecting flights from Mahe. Fregate Island is a private resort island of hardly 3 square miles size and cannot take a Boeing 767-300 - in fact the largest aircraft that operate there are Air Seychelles Twin Otters and Islanders which, if memory serves, land on the beach.

johnnybgoode

Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:20 am

Vfw614, that really sounds plausible.
i was aware of the fact that DE has a partnership with Air Seychelles and so i was already thinking about a codeshare.

i totally agree about AERO. especially the current issue made my wondering what the heck they were posting or writing since it was so often outdated and factually wrong.
i really like the reports on airlines and airports and stuff, but they´re news section is so often inaccurate.

regards
daniel

Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:49 am

Condor has weekly flights to Seychelles from Frankfurt, and weekly code-share flight with Air Seychelles to Munich.

But I thought Condor flies to Seychelles already?