Which Oneworld FF Programm For Me?

Sat Dec 29, 2001 6:52 pm

I know there were already a couple of topics like this one but I want to ask you Oneworld Experts which FF program fits best my needs.

I'm flying on CX and QF. Are all of these miles that I'll earn eligible for BA Executive club ? Any other recommendation for a oneworld member.

Thanks so much
B737-700

RE: Which Oneworld FF Programm For Me?

Sun Dec 30, 2001 4:36 am

Anyone please ?

aamd11

Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:31 am

Qantas' is reputed to be a good FF programme, im not so sure about Cathay, but BA Exec is ok...

bkkair

Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:58 am

Join AA. Once you reach their Platinum level ( 50,000 miles per year) you will earn double base miles on all One World carriers ( BA, CX, QF, etc). All you have to do is make 4 of those segments on AA per year.
You can do all your flying on CX or BA or QF and get double miles as long as 4 segments ( even short ones) are on AA. Might need a US mailing address but that can be arranged.
Also, all flying done on any One World carriers counts towards the miles you need the following year to maintain Platinum status with AA.
I don't believe any of the other One World carriers give double miles to their top tier passengers, but I may be wrong.

Lufthansa747

Sun Dec 30, 2001 7:24 am

AA is the best in my opinion. Something you should know about AAdvantage accrual:
- CX only B/H/Y economy classes earn miles unless you have a Canadian mailing address
- BA only B/H/K/Y economy classes earn miles unless you have a U.S. or Canadian mailing address. NO BA miles on transatlantics (incl. Central/South America)
- QF discount Y earns 70% mileage.
- IB discount Y earns 30% mileage.

In your situation I'd try to find a Canadian address and go for AA and sign up for the Platinum challenge, 20.000 discount Y (10K full Y) miles in three months (starts when you call customer service and ask to be enrolled in the challenge) gets you AA PLT. With PLT you get 200% the miles plus you earn 4 x 500mi upgrades per 10K flown as an elite --> these can be changed into 10K bonus miles.

Lots of interesting unpublished info about AAdvantage can be found at http://www.fewmiles.com.

I don't know much about other OW programmes, Finnair Plus is crap IMHO, terrible award levels etc, but earns 100% kilometres in most oneworld Y classes (execpt BA/DI).

Best Regards,

Lufthansa747
Helsinki, Finland
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos