kaitakfan

United Airlines Companion Passes?

Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:33 am

I was wondering if anyone out there might have a better idea as to what the future of Uniteds Companion passes might be? I know we have them back just until feb as a trial period of some sorts after 9/11 which is rather ridiculous in my oppinion! Does anyone know if we will get companion passes back permanetly again soon? I was thinking about taking my special lady down to Sydney, Australia in June this summer. So I just was hoping to get a better idea of what to expect with our companion passes in the near future. Thank you kindly for any help on this issue!

Cheers!
Brian

ILUV767

RE: United Airlines Companion Passes?

Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:53 am

I like the way that Delta does their companion passes, where you must have them ticketed first. Also, one pass is good from point A to point B via as many stops as it takes to get there.

The current way that UA does their buddy passes can cause a lot of problems. The passes are abused. Some employees will sell them to complete strangers. The employees are not allowes to make a profit on those passes, and yet some do. With abuse, I wonder if its a good idea to keep giving them out?

I L U V 7 6 7

UAL Bagsmasher

RE: United Airlines Companion Passes?

Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:14 am

UA re-instated them for the time being until the current supply expires at the end of February. However those of us on furlough are not allowed to use them. Thanks again UA! Next year the future of the companion pass is still up in the air, no pun intended.
UA bitches and moans about cetain employees who abuse the Companion Passes. But of course, being UA, they punish all 90,000+ employees rather than reprimand the individuals who are abusing the benefits. How damn typical of that company....makes me sick. One guy I worked with disputed the deductions on his paycheck saying he didnt give away any companion passes. Thiis went on for over a year. UA finally found out he was lying the whole time and ripped off several thousand dollars in INTL Companion Flights. Of course, he's back at work..never missed a day. And I am laid off. Gotta love UA.... Angry