Das Flugzeug
Topic Author

Cockpit Visits

Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:42 am

I'm flying EWR-LHR-MUC on VS/BA later this month, and I was wondering if cockpit visits are still possible post Sept. 11? I'd imagine they're absolutely forbidden now, but I figured I'd throw it out to the forum. Thanks and Happy New Years!

RE: Cockpit Visits

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:16 pm

On VS and BA there are no cockpit visits anymore.
Iain

cabincrewboy

Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:44 pm

It really depends and is up to the cabin crew and pilots to use their discretion still. Last time i flew was with United Airlines on their new domestic service from Melbourne to Sydney and we (my friend and I) were allowed to visit the cockpit. Mind you this was while the aircraft was still at its stand and not inflight. I think if the flight was longer we woud have been permitted back up there.

Again when you get onboard ask the crew, or like we did start chatting to the crew about their previous trip and so forth before you even sit down and then go from there. Try it, you never know what might happen  Big grin

Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:15 pm

>>Try it, you never know what might happen<<

Yeah when a 300lb wrestler overhears this he might be 7 kinds of defercation out of you. Or maybe the brothers from the FBI will have a meeting with you after the flight.
Iain

Inbound

Wed Jan 02, 2002 1:44 pm

On a recent flight from Toronto to Port-of-Spain Trinidad; onboard BWIA's 738 NG, I requested a flight deck visit.
On the basis that I am a trinidad national, flying my national carrier and a licensed commercial pilot, I was still denied entry up front.
The F/O said that ground visits were allowed, but not inflight. Not my cup of tea!
One particular BWIA 738 Captain told me that inflight visits are only allowed if the Captain knows the passenger personally. Unfortunately, he was not on the same flight as I was.
 Sad
Maintain own separation with terrain!