DeltaShuttle
Topic Author

CDG Instead Of Orly?

Wed Aug 04, 1999 3:05 am

I have a question regarding flights into Paris. Is Continental flying into Charles DeGaulle now instead of Orly, or have they always flown into CDG? Have they switched like American, or are all international flights now flying in and out of CDG only?

Transtar

RE: CDG Instead Of Orly?

Wed Aug 04, 1999 3:16 am

I flew through CDG in May and again in June and saw the Continental DC-10 operating to Houston from there. I also know my parents went either last year or the year before to Paris on CO through Orly. They were operating routes to Paris with Air France for a period (that may change due to the Delta-Air France Alliance)..

Wed Aug 04, 1999 6:40 am

I can confirm that CO is flying into CDG (Charles De Gaulle). Last year not less than 3 DC-10's passed before the fence where spotters are taken their places.
I recently went back on a Saturday (Sunday is better) and I saw one 777 and one DC-10 coming in. Those flights will surely not having been diversions from Orly.

flying_higher

Wed Aug 04, 1999 6:56 am

Last time I saw a CO DC-10, it was in Orly 1995.
Now they may fly from CDG, but I checked in Paris ADP general timetable and I didn't get any CO flight operated with a CO plane bound for Houston or New York. These are codesharing flights operated with AF machines I guess.

On other destinations in the USA, it's possible that Co flies its own planes with AF codesharing.

Vctony

Wed Aug 04, 1999 8:22 am

I flew Air France from Washington, DC to CDG in April and I saw a Continental DC-10 parked outside of the Air France terminal when my flight came in so I know that Continental flies to CDG or has been flying there for the past few months.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos