Topic Author

Favorite Airport for Taking Photos

Thu Oct 29, 1998 11:04 pm

I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but here goes. I would like to know which is your favorite airport to snap photos & why?

I enjoyed taking pictures in Honolulu (HNL) because there were plenty of spots where you could get very close to the planes. Also, if you love large planes (ie. 747, DC-10, L1011)you would have a feast.

Fort Lauderdale (FLL) is not too bad. Smaller planes (737, MD-80's) but not a large diversity of carriers. Their picture taking area is nice, especially since you can listen to the ATC.

RE: Favorite Airport for Taking Photos

Fri Oct 30, 1998 2:43 am

Frankfurt am Main without any doubt!
Splendid terraces,lots of traffic, a stunning view of the 2 parallel runways,...

Fri Oct 30, 1998 3:17 am

I'd say Phila International Airport, mainly because of the diverse set of planes. For example, US AIRWAYS's main hub is here, so we see the 767 a lot. Plus, British Airways and Swissair and American Airlines fly there.

Fri Oct 30, 1998 5:30 am

I've no doubt that Faro - FAO (Portugal) is on the best in Europe for charter aviation. Here you can see a large selection of charter airlines. This last summer about 75 different airlines have flown to Faro.

The runway's are 28-10, so if you are in the south part of the airport the sun passes just behind you.

Any 200mm objective is enough to do the job.

Best regards