lima

KLM Special Flight To Eze?

Thu Jan 10, 2002 9:55 pm

Is KLM planning to operate a special (charter) flight to Buenos Aires?

According to one Dutch tabloid magazine (Prive) KLM no longer flies to EZE, however, but for the upcoming wedding between Willem Alexander and Maxima on Feb. 2nd, the airline was going to programme a special flight for guest (not the parents as her father is not welcome in The Netherlands).

I don't know if the magazine is serious but anyone has information? Would such flight appear on CRS?

RE: KLM Special Flight To Eze?

Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:02 pm

If the father is not welcome in Holland - why not hold the wedding somewhere else?

Why the brids father not be able to attend his daughers wedding ----------------that is if SHE wants him to!

petertenthije

Thu Jan 10, 2002 10:20 pm

I do not know if it is true, I do know Prive is not the most reliable of sources. I would not be surprised if KLM would do it actually.

The reason why mister Zorreguita is not welcome at the wedding is because he has a dubious history with regard to the military junta of Videla. In that dictatorship he was the minister of agriculture.
Attamottamotta!

Flanor

Fri Jan 11, 2002 1:04 am

I don't think you can trace this flight in a CRS because it probably will not be open for reservations. It will probably only be for passengers with an invitation to the wedding.

This is just my guess but that's how Prive get their stories too.

LJ

Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:46 am

The father of the bride will be in The Netherlands on the day of the wedding (however he won't be at the wedding). However, given the cash he has he can afford travelling a little bit better (private plane). I only hope that the reps from the Argentine government will come with their B757 as it's going to be sold.

BTW I wouldn't be suprised if KLM would do a charter. The Japanese royal party to the wedding will also fly Japan Airlines to AMS and not use the JASDF Jumbo's.

Regards
Laurens

lima

Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:06 pm

LJ I don't think Mr. Zorreguieta will fly a private plane. His daughter and WA have been using Lufthansa on their journeys to Argentina in the past year. Forget about the 757, it is only used by the president normally and he said he won't come due to the present economic conditions.