gf-a330

No Weight No Wait - What Time Do You Check In?

Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:15 am

What time do you check in for departure, when arriving at the airport.

Are you a person who arrives 3 hours prior to departure or do you arrive after completing your necessary chores and check in 30 minutes or when it is about to close ?

I tend to arrive pretty early, so that I can get the best seats in the house and check in with great ease and hassle, without the long ques and mad rush.

How about you.

fly_emirates

RE: No Weight No Wait - What Time Do You Check In?

Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:23 am

well, when i am am on duty (being a cabin crew member), i arrive one hour prior to departure time.

when i am a passanger, it really depends on the airport, but i try to arrive at least 90 minuites before the departure time.

bluewhite

Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:25 am

Cutting is fine - usually no more than 75 mins before departure.

BW

Matt D

Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:12 am

Well the way things are going nowadays, if I were to take a flight (would only be of in an absolute dire emergency) that left, say at 10AM on Thursday, I'd be sure to cut it close and get there no later than 7:03 AM on Monday.

jhooper

Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:18 am

It really depends on the lines at security. Houston's Terminal A usually isn't bad, so I ususally arrive at the airport 30-40 minutes prior to departure. If's it a Friday night and I have luggage to check, I might get there 60-90 minutes prior to departure.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:34 am

Depends on the check-in facilities available. BA have a great Self-service & online check-in system, whereby seats can be chosen 24hours before departure online, & then changed at the last minute at the Self-service machine.

In this case, no less than 60 minutes before departure. And there is a dedicated baggage drop-off point for those with more than just hand-luggage.

Otherwise, I usually aim for 2-3 hours before (with a seat request made at time of booking)...

Ryanair flights......as late as I dare! Big grin

Regards

America West

Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:26 am

(At CMH) I am usually there around 1 to 2 hours prior to departure, because I check in, get something to eat and walk around.

Greg

Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:49 am

I'm usually the idiot that is holding the plane up. I check in about 20 minutes prior to departure. Once(and thankfully only once), British Airways denied me boarding on a flight from the UK to the US. Conversely, I have no trouble arriving about twenty minutes to departure in the States and getting on the flight. I'd freak if I had to check in TWO HOURS prior!
Why are check-in times different between Biz and Coach?