gf-a330

No Weight No Wait - What Time Do You Check In?

Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:15 am

What time do you check in for departure, when arriving at the airport.

Are you a person who arrives 3 hours prior to departure or do you arrive after completing your necessary chores and check in 30 minutes or when it is about to close ?

I tend to arrive pretty early, so that I can get the best seats in the house and check in with great ease and hassle, without the long ques and mad rush.

How about you.

fly_emirates

RE: No Weight No Wait - What Time Do You Check In?

Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:23 am

well, when i am am on duty (being a cabin crew member), i arrive one hour prior to departure time.

when i am a passanger, it really depends on the airport, but i try to arrive at least 90 minuites before the departure time.

bluewhite

Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:25 am

Cutting is fine - usually no more than 75 mins before departure.

BW

Matt D

Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:12 am

Well the way things are going nowadays, if I were to take a flight (would only be of in an absolute dire emergency) that left, say at 10AM on Thursday, I'd be sure to cut it close and get there no later than 7:03 AM on Monday.

jhooper

Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:18 am

It really depends on the lines at security. Houston's Terminal A usually isn't bad, so I ususally arrive at the airport 30-40 minutes prior to departure. If's it a Friday night and I have luggage to check, I might get there 60-90 minutes prior to departure.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

Sun Jan 13, 2002 6:34 am

Depends on the check-in facilities available. BA have a great Self-service & online check-in system, whereby seats can be chosen 24hours before departure online, & then changed at the last minute at the Self-service machine.

In this case, no less than 60 minutes before departure. And there is a dedicated baggage drop-off point for those with more than just hand-luggage.

Otherwise, I usually aim for 2-3 hours before (with a seat request made at time of booking)...

Ryanair flights......as late as I dare! Big grin

Regards

America West

Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:26 am

(At CMH) I am usually there around 1 to 2 hours prior to departure, because I check in, get something to eat and walk around.

Greg

Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:49 am

I'm usually the idiot that is holding the plane up. I check in about 20 minutes prior to departure. Once(and thankfully only once), British Airways denied me boarding on a flight from the UK to the US. Conversely, I have no trouble arriving about twenty minutes to departure in the States and getting on the flight. I'd freak if I had to check in TWO HOURS prior!
Why are check-in times different between Biz and Coach?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos