sobelair

Air Adriatic - New Airline In Croatia Takes Off

Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:15 am

This was posted on http://fly.to/aerocroatia

Air Adriatic will start with first charter flight in the summer 2002. Fleet now consists of total 6 aircraft. 3 MD-82s and 3 Fokker-50s. First MD-82 is expected on Pula airport by the middle of January. Aircraft will arrive from Costa Rica operatation named Charlie and after that airline will get a permission for air traffic. Air Adriatic is 50% owned by swedish company ELMO Aviation. ELMO Aviation has long range aircraft and is 25% owner of SAS Scandinavian Airlines. Therefore there is a possibility of direct intercontinental flights in the future. They plan to start with flight to Germany and Sweden already this season. Except these two countries they plan to connect Croatia with Belgrade and Prishtina and domestic flight along the Adriatic coast on the Pula-Dubrovnik route. On this route they will do a promoting flight with first MD-82. After that aircraft will be leased to Senegal for three months and at the begining of summer season will return back to Croatia. This aircraft cost 12 millions dollars.

Wink/being sarcastic

REALLY INTERESTING!!!!

RE: Air Adriatic - New Airline In Croatia Takes Of

Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:29 am

Is there already a website and do they have already unveiled an airline logo and an aircraft livery design?

9A-CRO
Crew

RE: Air Adriatic - New Airline In Croatia Takes Off

Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:02 pm

they have a under-construction website
http://www.airadriatic.com
I do not really beleive that they will start, it is i 6th or 7th time that I have heard we will start ops in no time and nothing happens
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...

New Info About The Corporate I.d.

Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:17 pm

The airline has already developed a corporate i.d. and the first plane has been already painted. This aircraft is now in Costa Rica and will be soon flown over to Europe.

9A-CRO
Crew

Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:58 pm

so it seems that they are serios this time
do you know when will it arrive?
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward...

9A-CRO
Crew

Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:00 pm

I have seen the photo of that aircraft
Unfortunately it was in newspaper so I can not post it here. aircraft has a white fuselage and tail. it has large billboard titles (as on homepage). there is a logo on tail but I didn't show at photo well due to angle from which the picture was taken from

717fan

Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:03 am

Two questions:
Will Air Adriatic also fly to Zurich?
To which airline in Senegal the MD-82 will be leased?
Thanks
717fan