Brick
Topic Author

What Is The Status Of D3 Travel On AA?

Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:12 am

Has the embargo been lifted? Just looking for the latest info regarding D3 pass travel.

Mark Abbott
Denver, CO
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

AAR90

RE: What Is The Status Of D3 Travel On AA?

Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:04 am

Embargo has been lifted, but there are many more and much more severe restrictions on who/when/where/how non-revenue travel may be accomplished. I haven't bothered looking or trying to keep track of pass-travel programs since 9/11 incident so I honestly don't know any specific information, but there is limited non-rev travel permitted to limited qualifying individuals. Employee should see AA Regs and/or supervisor for most current information.
*NO CARRIER* -- A Naval Aviator's worst nightmare!

steverAAd

Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:43 am

D3 are gone, and most likely forever! The replacement program is a EF, or an extended family program. D3 Charges are the same, and it applies to all those in the family that dont fall under the D2 umbrella. Passengers under EF must also make a listing 8 days prior to travel, but D3 will most likely never return due to security problems

airplanetire

Tue Jan 15, 2002 11:05 am

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is D3, D2, and EF?

UAL Bagsmasher

RE: Steveraad

Tue Jan 15, 2002 11:50 am

Eight days prior listing??? That kinda sux. First of all D3's will have little indication of what the pax loads will be that early. Secondly, when I nonrev, it's usually a spur of the moment thing. I rarely if ever decide where I'm going until the day of travel. I usually show up at the airport and go potluck. I guess for D3's it's better than nothing though.
One point that I do not understand, maybe someone can help me on. All the airlines that discontinued Buddy Passes in the wake of 9/11 claim they did so for "security purposes." I don't belive that for a minute. Non-rev travelers still have to answer the security questions. They still have to go thru X-ray machines and have their baggage screened. They do NOT have any access to areas of the airport that revenue pax don't have. UA claimed that employees could give their buddy pass to anyone, and this was a security risk. Now tell me....Just how much more does UA know about the background of a revenue traveler who calls and buys a ticket from their reservation center than that of a non-rev traveler?? None. Can someone explain to me the difference between the two groups of passengers and where the security concerns come into play?? Sounds to me like the airlines are just using 9/11 as an excuse to cut employee bennies....

Brick
Topic Author

Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:47 pm

8 days?!? That means I can't go where I was planning to go this weekend.

I never plan my non-rev trips that far in advance...

Mark Abbott
Denver, CO
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

UAL Bagsmasher

RE: Brick

Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:57 pm

LOL...AA knows that most non-revers don't plan in advance..thats why they are doing the 8 day thing. They figure if they make it unappealing enough, no one will use it. If no one uses it, they'll have an excuse to end the D3s Smile/happy/getting dizzy