Adair
Topic Author

Question On The 763

Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:08 am

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question. In April, I will be flying to LAX from YYZ with Air Canada in the 763 I believe. My previous flights have all been on smaller aircraft such as the 737's , and A319, MD-80. Can anyone give me any information on what it is like to fly in the 767. What it is like inside or even what kind of service I might receive on Air Canada, this being my first time flying with them.

Thanks very much,

Ian.

ILS

RE: Question On The 763

Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:17 am

It is unfortunate that they discontinued jump seating.
 Sad AC is a very good airline. You can expect good service and smiling faces. The 763 is a wonderful and powerful aircraft. You will be amazed and love it. Ask for a pre-flight cockpit tour, and file a trip report!

Big thumbs up

Airstud

RE: Question On The 763

Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:53 am

I flew on an Air Canada 767-200 (hope that doesn't disqualify me) from YYZ-SFO about 2 years ago. I had flown into Toronto on the redeye A320, which I preferred - but only because the service was better. The 767 is a much more comfortable aircraft, especially for transborder travel. The coach config was 2-3-2 and I was blessed with an aisle seat.

In 1999 Air Canada was voted #1 Passenger Service Airline in the World (I think it was Air Transport World that bestowed this honor); in 2000/2001 it was named Safest Airline in the World.

My last trip with them was to Edmonton in January of 2001, which was a codeshare with CP (or what was then left of it). Since you're not flying domestically within Canada (where AC has a monopoly) you're likely to receive, shall we say, "competitive" service.

Pancakes are delicious.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos