thai747

Myanmar Airways Intl'

Sat Aug 07, 1999 2:04 pm

Hi ,
I'm JaK... and I'm from Bangkok , Thailand. In October I'm going on a trip with my mother to Yangon ( RGN ) , Myanmar and we are currently in the process of choosing our airlines.. here are the 3 choices I came across:

1) All Nippon Airways ( NH ) will be flying their 767 .. so far I have discovered that they fly for the route RGN- BKK but I do not know if they do the route opposite too.. please help me out.

2) Myanmar Airwas Intl' ( UB ) will be flying their 737s , so far I have known that they sell cheaper tickets than TG. I'm okay with less luxurious service than TG for UB sells their tickets cheaper. Their Frequencies are the same as TG. But I would like to know about their SAFETY , so far I know that Myanmar is still an undeveloped country and their airline's currently facing some troubles , but my friends which have been on it said the airlines are perfectly okay. Please help me out.

3) Thai Airways ( TG ) If the result comes out as UNSAFE I would choose TG. Nice and classic but expensive price

Thanx ,
Jak ( on #aviation ) icq 8483371 e-mail jakkiez@hotmail.com

P.S. If you are looking for UB's site , forget it.. they don't even have one

gardermoen

RE: Myanmar Airways Intl'

Sat Aug 07, 1999 3:21 pm

A friend flew Singapore/Yangon on Myanmar Airlines(B737) and they said the service was quite okay really . No real dramas there.I havent heard any scary stories about their safety. I think their ownership problem has been sorted out and people are once again confident in booking with them. Personally, I would prefer to fly ANA(check first to see if they have full traffic rights). I thought they flew Japan-Yangon return non-stop. They must have changed their schedules then. Thai would be a reliable airline to fly there, but if Myanmar Airlines is cheaper then go for it. By the way did you knwo that you could earn frequent flyer points on Thai and All Nippon(from end Oct) as they are part of the Star Alliance?

Sat Aug 07, 1999 4:54 pm

How bout Bangkok Airways(i think its called that)? Or is that just a private airline, I'm not sure.

thai747

Sat Aug 07, 1999 5:39 pm

Bangkok Airways is commercial flying domestic and to Singapore , Siem Riep ( Cambodia ) and Pnompehn ( Cambodia ) for International with their ATRs

MAS777

Sat Aug 07, 1999 9:35 pm

I have a feeling that Myanma Int'l Boeing 737s actually belong to Malaysia Airlines...but I'm not sure if MAS flies on their behalf or whether the aircraft are serviced by MAS...perhaps worth chekcing out if anyone knows.