TurbineBeaver
Topic Author

Non-Revving On Concorde

Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:17 am

Is it allowed or possible?

So if I had an ID that allowed me to Non-Rev on regular BA of AF flights, could I non-rev on Concorde if there was room?

TB

PanAm747

RE: Non-Revving On Concorde

Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:19 am

No, I don't think so, but they can get discounted tickets.

Delta employees can non-rev on Air France planes but NOT on the concorde, not even reduced tickets.
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

teahan

Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:21 am

Hello,

No you cannot purchase normal ID tickets. However, BA did have a special agreement with a certain number of airlines including SR. Prices were around 500 British pounds per flight coupon (one way, not including Switzerland-LHR) IIRC, they could only we used on the Westbound flights and not Eastbound (why remains a mystery)

AFAIK, not even AF/BA employees have normal Concorde ID tickets.

Jeremiah

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/swissair
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

OPNLguy

Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:24 am

All that said, I seem to recall that AF and/or BA have in the past offered nov-revs reduced rate seats on a handful of position ferry flights. The price was something like $300-$500... This was 10-15 years ago, and I don't know if they're still doing it or not. If they are, I'll sign up... (the only way *I'll* ever see Mach 2.0)  Big grin
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

woodsboy

Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:01 am

When I worked for Alaska Airlines, there were deal for AS employees on BA Concorde flights, they were $700 r/t and were offered in the spring. It was not a regular IDXX ticket, it was like a pass that had a fee of $700. I remember there were flyers that were posted with the dates that the fare was good and you had to advance purchase it 14 days ahead. I would guess that with the very limited number of Concorde flights right now, there wont be any deals anytime soon.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos