asgeirs

SAS Emergency Landing In Copenhagen This Morning

Tue Jan 22, 2002 9:40 pm

A SAS aircraft had to return to Copenhagen (Kastrup) shortly after takeoff this morning because a fire indicator signalled a fire in the aircraft. The aircraft, which was on its way to Stockholm, landed safely. No fire was discovered. A faulty indicator light is blamed for the false alarm.

Don't have any information about reg. or type.
Reykjavik Aviation Photography - Just bring the aircraft to us and we'll photograph them! :-)

RE: SAS Emergency Landing In Copenhagen This Morning

Tue Jan 22, 2002 9:42 pm

Sorry to pedantic, but this hardly qualifies as an emergency - more like an incident.

The emergency owrd is a buzz word for the media - but not for the rest of us.

asgeirs

Tue Jan 22, 2002 9:46 pm

I agree, "incident" is more appropriate. The news article I read it in polluted my mind.  Nuts
Reykjavik Aviation Photography - Just bring the aircraft to us and we'll photograph them! :-)

flydeltasjets

Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:36 am

KRP,

With all due respect, this does qualify as an emergency landing. I know the media never gets it right, but in this case, they used the proper term. If I had a fire indication that would not extinguish, (cargo, engine, apr, even a bleed air leak) you can be very sure that I would declare an emergency and get the airplane on the ground NOW!

Was the SAS truly an emergency? It seems that it was just a faulty indicator, so in retrospect, it wasn't that serious. However, the pilots did not have that information, so, like the story reported, they declared an emergency and performed an emergency landing. Absolutely the correct course of action.

solnabo

Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:55 am

It´s gotta be the B 736......many f**ups with them.
Airbus SAS - Love them both

legolars

It Was

Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:23 am

a plane for cph til stockholm.

so probably a ng736 og perhaps a md80 series.

one of those two!

Contact_tower

Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:24 am

Someone in another forum had checked "Amadeus", and it was an MD80 apparently.  Smile