Delta Re-route Mumbai Flight

Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:22 am

Delta has decided that it's JFK-FRA-MUM will be re-routed via Paris instead.

Does anyone know why?

OzarkD9S

RE: Delta Re-route Mumbai Flight

Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:23 am

one reason: Paris hub with SkyTeam partner Air France.
excellent passenger feed.
Next up: STL-CVG-MKE-MSP-STL.

PanAm747

Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:31 am

Is this for the DEL flight too?
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

jrlander

Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:12 am

There isn't a DEL flight.... they couldn't get satisfactory slots at FRA. But now that they will be using CDG, one would guess of the possibility.

MAH4546

Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:16 am

Thing is that they don't have 5th freedom on CDG-BOM like they did on FRA-BOM. But AF passengers can book the CDG-BOM segment.
a.

Delta15

Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:18 am

Yeah, It was cause Cdg/AF, but anyways FRA-BOM was one of deltas most heavily loaded flights, most likely the heaviest. My friend used a buddy pass to get to and from Bom two summers ago. He got the last seat on the FRA-BOM flight, and didnt get on any Bom-Fra flights after waiting nearly 2 weeks to get on the flight going there every night. He finally gave up and got a cheap ticket on some middleeastern airline to IAD.

Frostbite

Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:22 am

DL had planned to start ATL-FRA-DEL in 2001 but didn't due to slot restrictions, as Jrlander said. Given the shift of India flights to CDG, the prospects for DEL service seem to be improving. But given economic conditions and the region's decreasing stability...I wouldn't expect DL to start DEL service until the situation changes.

jrlander

Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:24 am

With open skies.... does that make it easier for Delta to get 5th freedom rights? They have given themselves 2 months to get things worked out.

Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:29 pm

Why would Delta re-route Mumbai via Paris instead of Frankfurt if they have the 5th freedom rights via FRA?

They could just send their pax to CDG then fly AF's plane to MUM, if DL don't have the rights.

jessman

Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:45 pm

They've already applied for the 5'th freedom rights for this flight.
Open Skies with france and Anti Trust Immunity should allow for this in short order.

BarfBag

Wed Jan 23, 2002 3:04 pm

I read someplace (it was mentioned by B747-437B I think) that there was an agreement between the Indian and German Govt. that DL would not be given suitable slots for FRA-DEL in exchange for LH getting to serve FRA-BLR (which by accounts, has been a very popular route since inception last Sept).

Further, BA was trying for rights to start LHR-BLR or LHR-HYD in addition to their 24 weekly 744s to DEL/BOM/CCU/MAA but the Indian Govt refused because AI was not given convenient slots at LHR in return.

jessman

Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:29 am

*UPDATE*
The flight is now able to be sold just from CDG to BOM, IE DL now has 5'th freedom on that route.
Great.

scottysair

Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:36 am

That is very good as for open skies with Air France by skyteam alliance with Delta. That is my favorite airline is Delta. I do like it alot as for me. So well, talk with you more about later.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos