pacificjourney

Come Back KE, All Is Forgiven

Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:37 pm

Over the last 10 years I have flown Korean air about 50 times, mainly to Europe, North America and New Zealand from Japan in economy, business, morning calm and first classes.

Although they were always great on price, network and frequent flyer programme there service and time keeping was always simply awful so I never really looked forward to traveling. When ever someone posted one of those ' worst airline ' requests I always had to agree whenever KE was mentioned as one of the worst. Some particular grievances were that flights NEVER left on time, the food was the same on EVERY flight ( Bok Choi anyone ? ) and the FA's were indifferent to say the least.

Add to this was the neccesity of transiting at Kimpo airport which never got the attention it deserved as one of the worlds worst !

After about a 2 year break I have recently taken 3 seperate trips on KE and have been amazed at the tranformation. The planes all seem much newer and very tidy, food is good, beer cold, flights on time and FAs very nice. You get the idea. While stopping short of recommending them against SQ, NZ, BA or QF they have certainly improved and are still the cheapest.

Anyone have any opinions on KE generally or what brought about this change, if any ?

grant

PS
New airport at Incheon (INC) is also a real winner. Best pizza I have had in years and 2 beers for about US$13.
" Help, help ... I'm being oppressed ... "

jessman

RE: Come Back KE, All Is Forgiven

Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:29 pm

I'd bet that with enough people complaining and going to SQ, MH etc. they finally figured out that they were doing something wrong. Besides that they became a part of an alliance, and were expected to live up to the standards of their partners. (This is arguable, seeing as some people will complain about any airline in any situation if given half a chance)
Anyway, You're not the first person from whom I've heard this information. It seems KE is getting better. I hope to fly them sometime.
 Smile

airnewzealand

Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:53 pm

KE are the best airline out!! Much better than QF, SQ and NZ!!

I never travelled them when people said they were bad, but i travelled them in 2000 and i can only give them praise!!

Cheers
mike

TG992

Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:01 pm

It's a good thing the majority of ppl don't share your view AirNewZealand.. or KE might actually get taken seriously! *gulp*
-

swissgabe

Wed Jan 23, 2002 8:13 pm

I have to say that on Domestic Flights I would prefer OZ while on other flights I have been happy with KE service.

This ICN is just *G R E A T* and it became after only one visit one of my favorite Airports in the world. Much more better than GMP...
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

swake

Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:30 am

"New airport at Incheon (INC) is also a real winner. Best pizza I have had in years and 2 beers for about US$13. "

13$for 2 beers?!? Served in buckles then?

manni

Thu Jan 24, 2002 4:04 am

Expected to live up to the standards of their partners? What are you talking about Jessman? Ever flown Delta, Alitalia or Air France? I did in economy and biz elite. KE is way better than DL or AZ or AF. TG992, I share AirNewZealands opinion, KE is the best out there on line with CX and SQ. Dont understand me wrong, not equal to BA. BA are the worst in the industry together with US and CO, if you dont count FR as an airline ofcourse.
SUPPORT THE LEBANESE CIVILIANS

airnewzealand

Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:24 pm

lol...TG992...U know im serious..PS...I am booked on NZ50 to NAN...please tell me the best seat ont he aircarfts!! You seem to know..!!

Cheers
mike

Udo

Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:17 pm

Their fleet transformation process is amazing, they have added real masses of new B737NGs, A330s, B777s and B747s over the last years, with retiring MD-80s, A300s, MD-11s and B747 Classics simultaneously. Their average fleet age is much better than that of most comparable Asian carriers, just SIA and CX can match it.

I would definitely fly KE, no reason to be concerned of any longer.
Me & You & a Plane Named Blue...

jessman

RE: Manni

Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:26 am

Defending Myself
As stated in the original post it seems KE was once reguarded as substandard compared w/anyone.
But lately they seem to have been getting better.
They may very well have surpassed their partners in the mean time, and if so good for them.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos