englandair

Pic Of The 1st European (EAF) B747

Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:09 pm

Taken by A J Best, below is European's 1st B747-200. It's in an altered version of EAF's black colours.
Pretty nice IMO, can't wait to see one in the red colours!

skippy777

RE: Pic Of The 1st European (EAF) B747

Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:15 pm

What is the website of this airline ?????

Cathay Pacific

Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:16 pm

what is this airline?
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

2000first

Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:16 pm

wow! I like it  Smile

Yeah.....i cant wait to see one in the silver and red colours! Does anyone know which routes or charters they will be used on?

Demoose

Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:21 pm

The airlines website is http://www.eaac.co.uk
I think the 747's are being used on routes between the UK and Florida at some point

DEM
Take a ride...fly across the sky

Ndebele

Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:29 pm

Is that G-BDXM? So it's an ex-BA aircraft? Glad to see that BA's 742s have a better future than LH's 742  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Boeing Nut

Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:36 pm

Oooooo, I like it!
I'm not a real aeronautical engineer, I just play one on Airliners.net.

gkirk

Wed Jan 23, 2002 11:03 pm

I believe MAN-Florida and probably LGW-Florida AND Maybe some MAN-TFS/PMI/AGP flights also.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

WunalaDreaming

Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:55 am

The worst airline ever...

MD-11er

Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:09 am

Why do you say that?

rapo

Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:11 am

Cre to tell us why?

AndyEastMids

Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:25 am

Well its got a lot more style than the other UK airline livery that was unveiled today (I mean its far better than BabyBMI)!

Andy

widebodiedlee

Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:31 am

European will base a B747 at MAN and have slots for a MAN-SFB flight 4 times per week. Thurs-Sun during the Summer. Lets hope they actually operate.

Lee
All opinions stated above are my own, not my Companys'

gkirk

RE: Widebodiedlee

Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:37 am

I hear that EAF will operate the American TransAir flights, so maybe no TZ at MAN this summer.

nighthawk

Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:24 am

Nice livery! Pitty they arent flying out of EDI, i would love to see that baby departing...

vc10

Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:41 am

I heard that one of their 747 is to be used by the Arrows F1 racing team
little vc10

Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:13 am

There other aircraft in black livery are the executive ones, so if what vc10 said stand true this would probably be that one.
Iain

cedarjet

Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:14 am

Wow. I f***ing love this livery! Yeah baby!
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

gkirk

Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:24 am

One will be based at MAN and another at LGW, not sure about the rest. I guess the MAN and LGW a/c will be in 440 seat Y config.
Nighthawk, dont be surprised to see the EAF 742 at EDI.

nighthawk

Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:33 am

woo hoo a 747 at EDI, bout effin time  Smile

Im well gonna have to pop up to see that bird!

Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:44 am

colors are ugly if you ask me

tnnh

englandair

Gkirk

Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:10 pm

According to Pprune, the MAN/LGW a/c will have 16 J class seats too.

Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:19 pm

It's G-BDXH, not XM; and the Paul Stoddart, who owns European Aviation also owns Minardi. The VIP aircraft will be configured with 200 seats.

Don't forget that these ex BA aircraft have the overwing exits deactivated, so they are limited in the number of passengers they can carry.

Sam the Lab

Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Let us hope we may see her at Cork during the summer for some of the bigger Lourdes Pilgrimage flights - not that there is anything wrong with the Air Atlanta 747s either!

hias

Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:36 pm

Where was this pic taken ? I think, the B747 can't land at Bournemouth (BOH), due to the short runway, although I already saw a B747SP there.

So please tell me where this beauty stands.

Regards

Mathias
www.spotter.de.vu
mathias.henig@gmx.de

VirginFlyer

Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:43 pm

I think the Minardi team should be concentrating more on producing a wining car, and less on flying around in a 747 - they are not on the Formula One world's biggest budget, after all...

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

Sukhoi

Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:49 pm

Mathias,

Its parked at BOH on the dissused runway, when it arrived last weekend it was parked nose on to the 747sp at on stage and it looked pretty impressive having them both there.

One of the aircraft is going to be used to fly as F1 support, we have chartered 1-11's from EAC before for the same use Big grin

Regards

Paul

Here's their press release for the first F1 flight

European Aviation will be flying one of its newly acquired Boeing 747
aircraft to Melbourne and Kuala Lumpur for the Australian and
Malaysian rounds of next year's FIA Formula One World Championship.
The flight plan (see below) will incorporate a stopover on the
outward journey in Kuala Lumpur, where the team will officially
launch its 2002 challenge. Hotel rooms can be provided free of charge
for the day-stop to enable passengers to get some sleep and/or
freshen up. The timing of the connecting flight from Melbourne to
Kuala Lumpur, although shown, can be changed if a clear preference
emerges. For those wishing to return to Europe between the Australian
and Malaysian races, European Aviation is able to arrange flights by
regularly scheduled carriers.

In short, this will definitely be a pleasant alternative to the usual
long-haul tedium of the first two Formula One races of the year, so
why not treat yourself to the legendary service, comfort and
convenience for which European Aviation has become known? The
itinerary is as follows, and please note that "one-way" travel is
also available for those wishing to take only the outward or return
flight:

Friday, February 22

1200 Depart London Stansted

Saturday, February 23

0800 Arrive Kuala Lumpur

KL Minardi Asiatech launch ceremony

2000 Depart Kuala Lumpur

Sunday, February 24

0600 Arrive Melbourne

Sunday, March 3

AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX

Monday, March 4

2400 Depart Melbourne

Tuesday, March 5

0600 Arrive Kuala Lumpur

Sunday, March 17

MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX

Monday, March 18

2300 Depart Kuala Lumpur

Tuesday, March 19

0600 Arrive London Stansted

The cost for a return ticket on this flight, will be as follows:

Economy Class GB£1100
Business Class GB£2900
First Class GB£5800

Contact Paul Craig at EAL Flight Operations, Bournemouth, UK. Tel:
INT +44 (0)1202 581111 Fax: INT +44 (0)1202 578333 e-mail:
paul.craig@eaac.co.uk. Bookings will be taken on a first-come, first-
served basis.

AndyEastMids

Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:50 pm

V/F,

Because of Minardi's position in the formula one table last year [i.e. last], and their failure to accumulate any points, they do not get transport of vehicles, equipment or team to the races provided by the FIA (unlike all the "big" teams, which get their transport paid for) - sad but part of F1's rules. Minardi therefore need to arrange their own transport, and with Paul Stoddart also owning EAAC it makes sense for the team to use one of these 747s rather than charting aircraft from another airline.

I suspect that the reason this is the first EAAC 747 to be painted up is that the Minardi team will need to get to Australia at the beginning for March. Melbourne spotters: look out for this bird at Tullamarine in eary March, as I'm sure it will be there.

Andy

AndyEastMids

Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:52 pm

Ah... Paul, you beat me to it, and with much more! Big grin

Andy

Sukhoi

Thu Jan 24, 2002 8:57 pm

Andy is correct in that if you dont score a point then your basic freight charges are not covered by Uncle Bernie and the FIA  Big grin

Both our teams scored points so their happy and the more points you get the better your privelliges are Big grin

Cheers

Paul

WunalaDreaming

Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:02 pm

This is the worst airline I have ever had the pleasure of 'flying' with.

yeah, the livery is quite nice - but looks aren't everything as bmibaby showed.

I flew with them to the Algarve on a 1-11 and it was the worst flight of my life... service wise and a/c wise.

I would never fly with them again. Their livery is OK - but they (as an airline) are not.

Just my opinion... before anyone criticises my comments... have you actually flown with them?

Sukhoi

Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:31 pm

I have flown with them several times on 1-11's as mentioned above and never had any problems.

Im going up in one of their last 1-11's for a bit of a joy ride in March just before they are retired  Sad

Cheers

Paul

go canada!

Sun Jan 27, 2002 11:23 am

never had any problems?

The airline is diabolical to such an extent that I wanted to hack my head off just to end the misery and pain.

European Air Aviation Charter(to give their full name) is based at Bournemouth international airport, (as international as a pint of Boddingtons).

they also operate from London Stansted.

I flew with them in 1997 to Oporto airport(Porto) from Stansted. The flight was originally with air 2000, yet first choice decided that this was a far more 'fun' way to spend day.

We were sent a leaflet on this airline, it had a stain on it, alarm bells should have rung, and sadly they didn’t. I read eagerly about this exciting 'dynamic' airline and thought, 'well they cant be that bad'.

I then realised that most of the a/c were ex-ba stock, so I thought that they might be old, but reliable.

now onto the day of the flight, we went to check in at Stansted, well tried is the optimum word, we couldn’t find the check in desk first, in fact European had a queue of approx 100 people at one, yes one check in desk, once we found it(I wondered why it was tucked away and now I know).

So we managed to get checked it, asked if the flight was delayed at the desk and the 'customer services' person said everything was fine, my mum said to me' Neil, you didn’t need to ask, I’m sure they are fine, just because it isn’t BA, doesn’t mean to say they wont be good'.

famous last words they were.

the flight was delayed, at first by an hour, oh well it was a charter my mother said, then two hours, in fact after being deciding to go through to duty free(my dad wanted a video camera and he takes ages so we had something to do), I looked at the screen to see the delay reaching 3 hours.

I was wholly unimpressed by this stage and looked for the nearest European assistance, could I find help?

no...well not for half an hour.

was the person helpful?

no. they said 'I’m sorry sir, this is a chartered flight, things take time and we use our flight times as a guideline'.

did i accept this? no. I stated that they had a regular service to Porto and I didn’t see why they were so wholly unprepared...

what was the response?… a stare…..a huff…. a glance and the words' well sir we have to have the plane clean for you, I’m sure you would complain if we didn’t.’

that’s all very well I said. but three hours…. what are you doing gluing the plane back together? (notice how I became angry after their rudeness and not before).

anyway..looking back..it wouldn’t surprise me if that wasn’t the case, especially after what happens next!

We boarded the plane 3 and a half hours late, bearing in mind the plane was full, we had 3 f/a's, when on most UK charters I have experienced it is more.

now bear in mind the delay..did we get an apology..well not straight away for this 'progressive, dynamic, forwarding looking, vibrant airline'.

sweet on take off? no?

complementary drink due to delay? no

a snack(eg nuts, crisps etc) with your drink?..well yes..if you were the lucky front 50 pax.

tasty snack..no...a dried sorry collection of 'cheesy snacks' that smelt of the cheese smell you get from somebody’s feet, not to mention the fact they were stuck together.

oh I forget the take off, I don’t know how since I still have visions of it..yes dear old European’s plane had seen better days..it was older than the joke about the chicken crossing the road...it shook on takeoff..so hard that some of the over head lockers came undone and so hard that the seat shook.

shaking seats? part and parcel of aviation I hear you cry?

not with european..the seats still has old ba stickers on them, you could see the metal at the bottom of the seat actually shaking with all its might...

the plane settled down after 15 mins or so..

until Mr turbulence paid a visit.

now turbulence is expected now and again, its not really European’s fault..what I have an issue with is the way the f/as coped with it.

what did they do? they shouted at small children that were in the queue for the toilets, now I know people shouldn’t get up in this situation, but shouting at small children? is it necessary? When they were already in the queue ?

especially at my sister? no it isn’t and the f/a soon felt the lashings of my mothers tongue after the f/a was heard to make a remark stating that my parents clearly couldn’t keep my sister under control.

now a young children, scared already, desperately needing a pee. the fa shouting. my sisters runs back to my mum and has tears in her eyes...she sits next to me...hugging me..not crying because she was a good little girl and my mum told her not to show off and the fa then critics my parents..oh dear.

next in the European tale of despair is the main meal..summed up as being' not fit for a pig’ by the lady behind me..a vegetarian option available? yes two meals only and I saw at least five veggies state to f/a's that they had contacted the airline before to state their requirements.

did the plane have entertainment (eg a radio or tv)..well a radio was expected..a tv on a flight taking approx 2.5 hours was a bit much..but no.that was far to easy.no radio

an interesting flight magazine, packed with interesting features/ not on your life..it was a year out of date in my seat and my sister..being to young gave me her copy..that had stains on it..with pages missing or falling open.

then the crème de la crème. the landing..or rather the attempt to land..yes the plane missed its slot and circled around the airport...twice...

once it finally decided to release us from its clutches. it came down in such a way I’m surprised it didn’t do a Britannia and collapse into three bits on the runway.

the flight home was preceded by hope..so many people had complained to first choice that poor misguided, hopeful fools thought and speculated that we might be saved from European. not on your life.

Porto airport has an old, disused part. we are all sitting in the departure longue..in fact the gate part and a BA plane can be seen..along with an air 2000..but no European plane..everyone is looking at the boards...flight on time..but no plane..so I ask the staff..no sir your flight will take off on time...

so of course it was widely assumed that the ba plane was rescuing us(this was a middle class holidays, naturally people hoped for ba) or even air 2000, I knew it wouldn’t be BA but an unscheduled air 2000 plane.most people joked that the European plane must have fallen apart and there wasn’t enough blue tack to stick to back together.

poor misguided people..

we were lead out from the gates..still no plane..more excitement and hope..but no..the European plane was hiding behind a collection of shabby, disused buildings, as if Porto airport was too ashamed of it..

a wheel was stuck..the plane couldn’t take over for two hours. sitting on this plane.

the flight home was met with the same level of ineptitude and customer expertise.

a toliet didnt work..the plane rattled further..in fact the joke about the blue tack became chillingly true when it was potted that sticky tape was helping to keep the over head lockers together..and the ceiling....

although not insulting my family on the way home..that didn’t stop an f/a spilling 'hot' tea over an elderly lady...not once but twice...

and it didn’t stop the duty free trolley being half empty.nor the flight not selling any model planes.....

it didn’t stop an extra 1.5 hour delay being worked in for good measure.

so if you think European are a quality airline..i beg to differ..as does the last consumers association report and so does watchdog.

the thought of them owning a 747( how on earth they got the money when they don’t seem to have many customers) is a scary prospect for the world of aviation and it must be stated and concluded that the airline European Air Aviation Charter are tarnishing our beloved industry and should be terminated as soon as possible in order to protect the British consumer from experiencing such pain and distress.

best wishes

Go Canada!
It is amazing what can be accomplised when nobody takes the credit

boeing 747-311

Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:02 pm

looks good!!!
Come fly with US

go canada!

Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:25 am

what EAL?