Bill Harms New Book....

Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:45 am

Most of you know about Bill Harms and his great website of aircraft lists. Well he has co-written a book with Rene J. Francillon called Boeing Jetliner Databook which he took his Boeing lists and put them into a book with a little information on each aircraft type. I suggest everyone go to your local bookstore and check it out and purchase it. If it sells well, there is a good chance that he may do the other lists into books also.

Stephen

airsicknessbag

RE: Bill Harms New Book....

Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:52 am

Hmm, I know that is a little heresy on my part, but why should I buy a book when I get the info for free on the net?

Daniel Smile

Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:07 am

Well I carry it to the airport with me when I spot airplanes and also I use when I am on business in a different city spotting at an airport.

Stephen

airsicknessbag

Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:29 am

Continuing to play the role of the devil´s advocate: what about a printout?

Daniel Smile

Tom in NO

Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:00 am

Considering all the good and timely info that Bill Harms' puts on his website, I'm glad he decided to make a little money off of his research. We've freeloaded off him long enough.

And think about this: were it not for his website, there is not another site with info that is as current as his; in other words, we'd be up the creek.

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

MEA-707

Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:31 am

Tom > What about www.airlinerlist.com then? I thought you'd liked that one too...
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:40 am

Tom I agree with you. He has done us all a great favor by doing these lists.

Stephen

RoyalDutch

Thu Jan 24, 2002 4:01 am

LGB, any chance I can order this and get it shipped to Prague? How much is it? What I wouldn't give for a Barne's & Noble's over here!

Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:21 am

Royal Dutch. I think you can order it online at Barns and Noble, Borders or Airlinersonline.com. Do a search and I think you can find it.

Stephen

boeingrulz

Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:17 am

Just checked it out at Amazon.com. With Publisher info and ISBN number you should be able to get it anywhere in the world.

Boeing Jetliner Databook
by Bill Harms, Rene Francillon
Paperback - 416 pages (December 2001)
Motorbooks International; ISBN: 0760309280 ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.09 x 6.10 x 8.96

Amazon.com Sales Rank: 947,838

Carolyn

Tom in NO

Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:28 am

Regarding the airlinerlist.com website, I like that one, as well. Those listings are done a little bit differently, though. They are arranged by aircraft (of course), but then they are done numerically by manufacturer's serial numbers, and then by line numbers. Unless you have those numbers in hand, the airlinerlist.com site can be tricky to navigate. But they do list a complete history of each aircraft, which is handy.

But, as for a quick and ready airliner or airline fleet inquiry, I'll go straight to Bill Harms' site.

Thank you, though, for reminding me about airlinerlist.com.  Smile

Tom in NO (at MSY)
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina