Flight West Airlines F28 Retirement

Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:36 pm

Flight West Airlines is going to operate the final F28-4000 service at the end of March 2002 on the TSV-BNE flight, and this will be the last stage 2 flight for Australia. Does anyone know what aircraft {if the YC TSV-BNE flights continue} will take the F28's place?

SixStarAnsett

vfw614

RE: Flight West Airlines F28 Retirement

Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:17 pm

SixStarAnset

what is the current status of Flight West operations ? I was in Queensland last year June when they folded, really sad to see Buchanan's airline going under - not always a smart idea to let your son run your business...... I seem to remember that they started again during the summer with the Brasilias on regional Queensland routes, but I had not heard of the Jetstream 31 and the F28s coming back into service then. I guess the Ansett collapse knocked them out again in September ? To cut a long question short, which aircraft do they operate at the moment and to what extent has their network been restored, given that Macair and Qantas Link jumped in on a number of Flight West Routes. Are they still doing the Norfolk Island run with the Fokker 100s ?

luftaom

Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:38 pm

The TSV-BNE flight on 30th March 2002 will be the final F28 service operated in Australia (and the last Australian commercial service of a Stage II aircraft).

The flight will be Captained by Roger Barnes who also has the distinction of captaining the last F27 RPT service in Australia.

Schrödinger's passenger - simultaneously connecting and flying direct.

Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:45 pm

Vfw,

YC is operating only {from what i have gathered from the website www.flightwest.com.au} between BNE-GLT with EM2 aircraft and BNE-TSV with the F28-4000.
I hope they don't go under. Flight West is a great airline and currently we only have Qantas subsidiary Sunstate flying {ex TSV} to CNS and the milk run to MKY ROK etc- YC was the regional competition aligned with the main competition. Just in case anyone is interested, the cheapest fare to BNE {now that YC, DJ and QF serve the route} is around 200.00 return, without taxes- for a 1.45hr flight. The discounted fare to CNS is about AUD100 higher than that without tax, for a 55 minute flight on a prop.

SixStarAnsett

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos