Flight West Airlines F28 Retirement

Fri Jan 25, 2002 12:36 pm

Flight West Airlines is going to operate the final F28-4000 service at the end of March 2002 on the TSV-BNE flight, and this will be the last stage 2 flight for Australia. Does anyone know what aircraft {if the YC TSV-BNE flights continue} will take the F28's place?

SixStarAnsett

vfw614

RE: Flight West Airlines F28 Retirement

Fri Jan 25, 2002 6:17 pm

SixStarAnset

what is the current status of Flight West operations ? I was in Queensland last year June when they folded, really sad to see Buchanan's airline going under - not always a smart idea to let your son run your business...... I seem to remember that they started again during the summer with the Brasilias on regional Queensland routes, but I had not heard of the Jetstream 31 and the F28s coming back into service then. I guess the Ansett collapse knocked them out again in September ? To cut a long question short, which aircraft do they operate at the moment and to what extent has their network been restored, given that Macair and Qantas Link jumped in on a number of Flight West Routes. Are they still doing the Norfolk Island run with the Fokker 100s ?

luftaom

Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:38 pm

The TSV-BNE flight on 30th March 2002 will be the final F28 service operated in Australia (and the last Australian commercial service of a Stage II aircraft).

The flight will be Captained by Roger Barnes who also has the distinction of captaining the last F27 RPT service in Australia.

Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:45 pm

Vfw,

YC is operating only {from what i have gathered from the website www.flightwest.com.au} between BNE-GLT with EM2 aircraft and BNE-TSV with the F28-4000.
I hope they don't go under. Flight West is a great airline and currently we only have Qantas subsidiary Sunstate flying {ex TSV} to CNS and the milk run to MKY ROK etc- YC was the regional competition aligned with the main competition. Just in case anyone is interested, the cheapest fare to BNE {now that YC, DJ and QF serve the route} is around 200.00 return, without taxes- for a 1.45hr flight. The discounted fare to CNS is about AUD100 higher than that without tax, for a 55 minute flight on a prop.

SixStarAnsett