Sabena332
Topic Author

Question About FRA Today

Sun Jan 27, 2002 3:38 am

I just returned from FRA and I have a question now. I saw that a very small aircraft was overflying the two runways (maybe rwy 18 too) in a very low altitude all day long. What happend, did the plane check something there from the air ?

Patrick

btw: I have flown with Eurowings from Dortmund. The first time for me in a prop (ATR 42-500), it was fantastic !!!
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

johnnybgoode

RE: Question About FRA Today

Sun Jan 27, 2002 8:56 pm

that might have been an aircraft from the Luftfahrtbundesamt, which sometimes use such aircraft to calibrate the airport-based landing systems (ILS, localizer stuff or whatever).
i´m not really into landing systems and that technical stuff, but a couple of months ago i saw report on tv in which a small aircraft was used to do exactly that.

rgds
daniel
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

Sabena332
Topic Author

Sun Jan 27, 2002 10:33 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer Daniel !

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

El Al 001

Sun Jan 27, 2002 10:39 pm

I know it has nothing to do with the topic but....
I'll be in FRA on Tuesday Smile

Michael

Sabena332
Topic Author

Sun Jan 27, 2002 10:44 pm

Hey El Al 001 !

You will have a lot of fun in FRA on Tuesday. Yesterday it was fantastic. Watch out for my trip report. I will post it tonight with a friend who was also there yesterday.

Patrick

El Al 001

Sun Jan 27, 2002 10:48 pm

Thanx, I hope so!  Smile

Michael

airsicknessbag

Mon Jan 28, 2002 7:11 pm

The words "Eurowings" and "fantastic" in one sentence??? Whatever drugs you´re doing, quit, they´re apparently seriously affecting your perception  Wink/being sarcastic! Just kidding, but I found EW mediocre, at best. I have to admit I´ve flown them only when they were still independent, maybe they´re now up to Team LH standards. But I really miss the "good old days" when DTM-FRA was done by Augsburg Airways. But I guess I ought to give EW a second chance.

Daniel/Airsicknessbag  Smile

Andreas

Mon Jan 28, 2002 8:34 pm

I flew them several times a few years ago on THF-FRA-THF and I liked flying those tiny ATRs a lot. Gives you a real feeling that you're actually flying and I just loved short finals in Berlin, because I could see the apartment of my girlfriend in Steglitz VERY close by! Nevertheless I'll never tell you what drugs I'm on Big grin Big grin
Regards
Andreas
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

Sabena332
Topic Author

Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:50 am

Belive me Daniel, EW is a good airline (I would also say the same if EW would not be my new employer Big grin). I was surprised that they offered a fantastic service on a short flight like DTM-FRA. And as Andreas said, if you sitting in a small prop like the ATR you get a real feeling that you are actually flying, especially if strong winds hit the plane. I had a lot of fun during this flight.

Btw: THF is one of the airports that I must see before it will close because I love downtown airports. I have already missed Kai Tak, I can kick myself for that.

Patrick

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos