ILS

RE: Large Route For An Airline Operating Metroliners

Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:28 pm

Wow, they fly to some random places.

Big thumbs up

jasewgtn

Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:35 pm

It's almost as if they only stop in Denver becauses it's somewhere enroute to stop if they need to shuttle planes back and forth for maintanence....

ILS

Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:36 pm

Very odd southern route network extending into Arkansas. Is this route popular? What 2 Arkansas cities are those?

serge

Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:49 pm

Big Sky is great, they are 1 of the two airlines that serve ISN, where I am presently located. I flew them from SDY to ISN last month and had a great experience. I will be flying them to BIL from ISN with a stopover in SDY next month and back. My mom always flys them to BIS for her job.

Anyway, it would be cool if they could add some EMB-120 Brasilias to their Metro fleet right now for a few times a week or so non-stop flights to Denver from higher traffic areas, like Bismarck or Williston.

...Serge  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

txagkuwait

Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:11 am

The 2 Arkansas cities are Jonesboro (I used to live there) and Eldorado. Those routes were flown previously by Lone Star. (Of course, if you were to go back about 35 years, those were TTa routes).

So was BWD Brownwood, which is the dead end you see sticking SW out of DFW. I thought they were already flying it...maybe not...but will soon inaugurate service from DFW-BWD-HOB (Hobbs, NM). Mesa is discontinuing or has discontinued service into Hobbs.

Hobbs was also a TTa route, but prior to that it was Continental, who got it when they merged with Pioneer in 1955.

Confused?