Frostbite
Topic Author

KE Transpac - Changes Ahead?

Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:34 am

Was perusing KE's transpac skeds at their website and I noticed something interesting....it appears KE is uncoupling their DFW & ATL services in late May. Both cities will be served NONSTOP from ICN using 777-200s. I believe both services will be 3x weekly. If I'm not mistaken, ICN-ATL will become the longest sector in KE's system (and among the longer transpac sectors industrywide).

Until then, KE flies ICN-DFW-ATL & return, using a mix of 744s & 772s.

Not a huge deal, but it's encouraging in today's airline environment to see a carrier UPGRADE long haul services to the U.S. in general, and ATL in particular.
I'd bet that KE's imminent codeshare reunion with DL probably has something to do with the introduction of a stand-alone, nonstop ATL service.

Anybody have more related info?

watewate

RE: KE Transpac - Changes Ahead?

Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:50 am

I hear KE wants to raise capacity on YYZ route, as posted in another thread. Talks with AC is in a preliminary stage about possible codeshare. With Chinese New Yr and extended peak season due to World Cup 2k2, I'm guessing that YYZ is not the only city where more capacity is needed. Usual load factor on YYZ flights are in the 70% range, and close to 100% during Korean holiday season.

DL WIDGET HEAD

Tue Jan 29, 2002 8:57 am

I have been seeing a KE 777-200 land at about 1400 nearly every day in ATL for the last few weeks. Any idea what that flight is all about? It's not cargo either because the aircraft docks at the Intl terminal. Hmmm.

Frostbite
Topic Author

Tue Jan 29, 2002 9:07 am

DL Widget Head -

The flight you described sounds like KE's current scheduled service from ICN via DFW...although I thought it was only a 3x weekly service. It used to arrive around 2000 and depart after midnight, but they changed the sked not too long ago. I'm sure you're seeing the regular pax service...

KE Cargo operates into ATL 5x weekly...all services using 747Fs. I've never seen one of these flights in the daylight though....but I'm not in ATL much either.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos