Kiwi dave
Topic Author

Check In Time At LAX

Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:08 am

how long would would one have to get to LAX before there flight was due to leave with all the security checks?

QANTAS747-438

RE: Check In Time At LAX

Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:35 am

For an International flight, you may want to get there about 3 hrs early and for a domestic, about 2 hrs. It may seem a little bit too much time, but it's worth it and you get to watch all the killer planes at LAX!
My posts/replies are strictly my opinion and not that of any company, organization, or Southwest Airlines.

jhooper

Fri Feb 01, 2002 11:53 am

I was in LAX one Friday morning and the line was as far as I could see; estimates were at least 4 hours. Hopefully you wouldn't have luggage to check and could just use the kiosks. This was early January this year.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

FrequentFlyKid

Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:12 pm

I don't know what time or what airline you are flying. However, I took the CO LAX-IAH redeye on this past Tuesday morning. I was there two hours ahead of time and that was way too much time. If I would have known I would have arrived no earlier than one hour ahead. I arrived at 11:30PM for my 1:30AM flight and was checked-in (including bags) and through secruity to the gate by 11:45PM. Most of the was time spent walking to gate 64. Anyway, good luck either way. Travel safe.....

Kiwi dave
Topic Author

Fri Feb 01, 2002 7:35 pm

it's not for me my parents are flying to AKL-FRA via LAX on LH hence why I'm asking, they are spending the night in LA and they want to know about the check in time as they have never been to the US.

tonyb

Fri Feb 01, 2002 9:51 pm

Flew back from LA in November on BA (Sunday afternoon flight to LHR) and checked in 3 hours before the flight (as advised on the BA recorded information line). No queue at check-in and no queue going through Security. There was a long queue at both United and US Airways but assume these were for internal flights. I have to say that Security at LAX was less trouble than I thought it would be with hardly any wait to go through to Departures. On a slightly different note I was extremely disappointed with the facilities once through into the Departure area. A very small Duty Free shop (only around 4 people could get in at any one time and it was closed for a while as well !!) and a small snack bar which filled up very quickly. I don't know if any of the refurbishments taking place when I was there will improve any of this.