• 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
iFlyDTW
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:18 pm

dabpit wrote:
iFlyDTW wrote:
NK is done with those types of markets, CAK came to show that so it's more likely you'll see cities of the larger caliber getting NK service, and NK will continue to expand DTW, IAH, BWI, DFW, and LAS predominately. Not saying that eventually they may get service, but right now it's very unlikely in the near term. You'll probably see more the lines of DTW-BNA or IAH-CLT.

I don't think they are done with those markets. They will of course continue to connect current points in the network but they will also open up new markets not served.
I can dissect the routes you've provided to MCO. CMH is highly unlikely due to the choice of opening CMH and the current opening of PIT, DAY even more unlikely than CMH due to obvious reasons, MDT in an awkward spot between PHL and BWI, ABE not as likely again due to current operations, ROC could happen but there's other markets to expand in first, ALB likely after more major markets are added due to the lack of LCC's and service overall, SDF unlikely and if BNA opens more unlikely, LIT could happen but not to MCO, OKC maybe due to lack of LCC service and service overall, and ICT not likely right now. What routes are likely for NK and MCO is hard to tell, like I said eventually I wouldn't rule out these thinner markets for the future, but there's still larger markets that need to be covered, I suspect BNA will open this year, NK could do an A319 MCO-BNA.
Home of the "Bare Fare" /// Banana Plane Republic
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:10 am

I could see NK doing BNA-MCO easily on the A319, or make a thru flight DTW-BNA-MCO and return on the A32S.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:17 pm

AS first flight to PDX is today.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:22 pm

How do loads look on FI's KEF flight? Would it go year round in the future?
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:02 am

So the talks continue regarding MCO-EZE service. Does anyone have the numbers on MCO-EZE?
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:47 pm

F9 will add MCO to SJU! This the 4th carrier to fly MCO-SJU.
Carpe Diem
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:32 pm

dabpit wrote:
F9 will add MCO to SJU! This the 4th carrier to fly MCO-SJU.
Wow that's a lot of SJU's in a day, I hope it works for them.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:09 pm

DL brought the 744 in today from DTW.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:11 am

I just flew DXB-MCO and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a 777-300ER. A check of flightaware shows that many future flights have been upgraded to the 77W as well.

My flight was very full - First class was empty - biz full, and economy was maybe 80-85% full. Definitely a 2/3rds - 1/3rd mix of ethnic breakdowns with 1/3rd being your caucasian Floridian. In bag claim, I noticed a TON of EK 762 connections.... didn't realize we had that many South Africans in Florida.
xx
 
MAH4546
Posts: 25167
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2001 1:44 pm

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:29 am

usxguy wrote:
I just flew DXB-MCO and was pleasantly surprised to see it was a 777-300ER. A check of flightaware shows that many future flights have been upgraded to the 77W as well.

My flight was very full - First class was empty - biz full, and economy was maybe 80-85% full. Definitely a 2/3rds - 1/3rd mix of ethnic breakdowns with 1/3rd being your caucasian Floridian. In bag claim, I noticed a TON of EK 762 connections.... didn't realize we had that many South Africans in Florida.


Florida has one of the world's largest South African diasporas, although predominately down in South Florida.
a.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:34 pm

Who is going to do EZE first? DY or Aerolineas Argentinas? DY already has a stamp on MCO so I'd assume it would be DY.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:55 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Who is going to do EZE first? DY or Aerolineas Argentinas? DY already has a stamp on MCO so I'd assume it would be DY.

If I had to put an educated guess to this I would go with DY.
Carpe Diem
 
DTL
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:13 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:46 pm

http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/jetb ... wsid=44597

JetBlue to start PAP service, pending government approval

Will utilize E190
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:37 pm

DTL wrote:
http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/jetblue_airways/usn/usnews-story.aspx?cid=981&newsid=44597

JetBlue to start PAP service, pending government approval

Will utilize E190
I can see that, good news for B6 and MCO!
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
tz757300
Posts: 2741
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:21 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 am

LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
 
BDL757
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Delta's MCO Operation this summer (Friday, July 28th):

ATL - 17x 321
BOS - 2x 319, 1x 738
CVG - 2x M88
DTW - 2x 320, 3x 739, 1x 757
LAX - 3x 757
MIA - 1x M88
MSP - 3x 757, 1x 739
JFK - 5x M88
LGA - 3x 319, 4x 320
SLC - 3x 739
GRU - 1x 763
SEA - 1x 739
IND - 1x CR9
RDU - 3x CR9

Total: 57 daily departures (93% mainline)

Weekend only service (Saturday, July 29th):

CUN - 1x M88
CMH - 1x 175
SDF - 1x 175
MEM - 1x CR9
MKE - 1x CR7
BNA - 1x CR9
PIT - 1x 175
STL - 1x CR9
DCA - 1x CR7
MCI - 1x CR9
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:21 pm

I wonder what DL can do at MCO to expand a little bit and make it a better focus city. I'm thinking more SA and Caribbean adds so it can be secondary flow South. Also, what's the next destination to get regular scheduled A321's other than ATL? I'm thinking LGA or BOS.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu May 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Rouge is adding a seasonal YVR flight to compete with WS.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu May 04, 2017 2:34 pm

fsafsx wrote:
CMH might come first because they only have DL/F9/WN and LCK-MCO on G4. Personally I don't want any more ULCC in IND!


WN is the only one running Orlando (either airport) daily from Columbus. DL is Saturday-only, 319/M88/E75 depending on season, F9 is (I think) 3x/week, and G4 is 3-5x/week.

iFlyDTW wrote:
dabpit wrote:
I don't think they are done with those markets. They will of course continue to connect current points in the network but they will also open up new markets not served.
I can dissect the routes you've provided to MCO. CMH is highly unlikely due to the choice of opening CMH and the current opening of PIT, DAY even more unlikely than CMH due to obvious reasons, MDT in an awkward spot between PHL and BWI, ABE not as likely again due to current operations, ROC could happen but there's other markets to expand in first, ALB likely after more major markets are added due to the lack of LCC's and service overall, SDF unlikely and if BNA opens more unlikely, LIT could happen but not to MCO, OKC maybe due to lack of LCC service and service overall, and ICT not likely right now. What routes are likely for NK and MCO is hard to tell, like I said eventually I wouldn't rule out these thinner markets for the future, but there's still larger markets that need to be covered, I suspect BNA will open this year, NK could do an A319 MCO-BNA.


DAY has openly said they're in talks with NK and I feel like there'd be an opportunity there. I toured there a couple weeks ago and the airport employee escorting us said they're happy with the Southern expansion, but want to move West and claim they have the traffic to fill an LAX flight.

You'd have to believe CMH is talking to NK as well. CAK is actually closer to CMH and DAY than PIT/LBE is and there's a big gap in the Midwest where NK doesn't fly; F9 also opened CMH and PIT on the same day last year, so I don't see what the issue would be with the cities three hours apart.

I've always thought FLL would be a target for either NK or B6 from CMH, though.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Fri May 05, 2017 3:12 pm

DeltaRules wrote:
fsafsx wrote:
CMH might come first because they only have DL/F9/WN and LCK-MCO on G4. Personally I don't want any more ULCC in IND!


WN is the only one running Orlando (either airport) daily from Columbus. DL is Saturday-only, 319/M88/E75 depending on season, F9 is (I think) 3x/week, and G4 is 3-5x/week.
Does CMH have enough people to support a dense A320 on top of the service already provided on the other carriers at least seasonal? IF NK did either CMH or DAY it would most definitely be year round since that seems to be what NK is doing right now.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
DeltaRules
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:57 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Fri May 05, 2017 3:32 pm

flymco753 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
fsafsx wrote:
CMH might come first because they only have DL/F9/WN and LCK-MCO on G4. Personally I don't want any more ULCC in IND!


WN is the only one running Orlando (either airport) daily from Columbus. DL is Saturday-only, 319/M88/E75 depending on season, F9 is (I think) 3x/week, and G4 is 3-5x/week.
Does CMH have enough people to support a dense A320 on top of the service already provided on the other carriers at least seasonal? IF NK did either CMH or DAY it would most definitely be year round since that seems to be what NK is doing right now.


783 PDEW in the third quarter of last year on CMH-MCO, plus another 65 on LCK-SFB.

Looks like WN is running 3x/day and F9 once daily for the time being.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST
 
klakzky123
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:05 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Fri May 05, 2017 3:42 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I wonder what DL can do at MCO to expand a little bit and make it a better focus city. I'm thinking more SA and Caribbean adds so it can be secondary flow South. Also, what's the next destination to get regular scheduled A321's other than ATL? I'm thinking LGA or BOS.


I think MCO is just a point to point destination and will never be a true focus city/hub. Delta is just capturing leisure traffic to MCO.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Fri May 19, 2017 2:22 pm

DL adds Saturday BHM service on a CJ7 starting in December. It's undetermined whether or not it'll be year round, since most Saturday service ends off peak.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Sat May 27, 2017 12:37 pm

F9 adds PVD and ISP both on A320's. I would make a safe assumption and say F9 is going after WN.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Did anyone notice that survey that MCO had out a few months ago about LHR? If it comes to fruition, who would do LHR? I would assume VS could adjust their LGW operations and do 1x LGW and 1x LHR, the only difference is LHR could be on the 787 or A330 as opposed to the 747 like LGW. I would even think DL could do a 76W and connect some LON pax to GRU.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:36 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Did anyone notice that survey that MCO had out a few months ago about LHR? If it comes to fruition, who would do LHR? I would assume VS could adjust their LGW operations and do 1x LGW and 1x LHR, the only difference is LHR could be on the 787 or A330 as opposed to the 747 like LGW. I would even think DL could do a 76W and connect some LON pax to GRU.

It would be VS or BA if any airline. The best best is probably VS since they partner with DL and have a good presence in MCO.
Carpe Diem
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:27 pm

dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
Did anyone notice that survey that MCO had out a few months ago about LHR? If it comes to fruition, who would do LHR? I would assume VS could adjust their LGW operations and do 1x LGW and 1x LHR, the only difference is LHR could be on the 787 or A330 as opposed to the 747 like LGW. I would even think DL could do a 76W and connect some LON pax to GRU.

It would be VS or BA if any airline. The best best is probably VS since they partner with DL and have a good presence in MCO.
I was definitely thinking VS, even with the downsize in seats, but with the 747s retiring soon it could be okay. I think the a/c would most definitely be a 333. I'd like to see Aerolineas add EZE, DL could add a few Latin destinations to serve as a secondary kind of deal so that anyone heading from the South to Europe or Latin Am, could connect through MCO as opposed to ATL, ultimately O&D is strong to LHR, EZE, and BSB so DL wouldn't have to fill the plane with more connections than what's local pax, at the same time they could move AM and WS over to Airside 4, Aerolineas would go to Airside 4 so you'd possibly have all skyteam/codeshare partners at one airside. Believe it or not I do hear of people flying from BOS to MCO to get on AM to MEX because it was cheap.

In terms of Europe, I'm thinking DL could do CDG or AMS, both provide the same connection opportunities and could easily be done on a 76W or even a 332 to start.

Some will say that's a pipe dream but I think it's realistic and it could be beneficial for DL in the long term. They don't necessarily have to build a hub out of it, just a strong focus that could be a back up to ATL.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:29 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I was definitely thinking VS, even with the downsize in seats, but with the 747s retiring soon it could be okay. I think the a/c would most definitely be a 333. I'd like to see Aerolineas add EZE, DL could add a few Latin destinations to serve as a secondary kind of deal so that anyone heading from the South to Europe or Latin Am, could connect through MCO as opposed to ATL, ultimately O&D is strong to LHR, EZE, and BSB so DL wouldn't have to fill the plane with more connections than what's local pax, at the same time they could move AM and WS over to Airside 4, Aerolineas would go to Airside 4 so you'd possibly have all skyteam/codeshare partners at one airside. Believe it or not I do hear of people flying from BOS to MCO to get on AM to MEX because it was cheap.

In terms of Europe, I'm thinking DL could do CDG or AMS, both provide the same connection opportunities and could easily be done on a 76W or even a 332 to start.

Some will say that's a pipe dream but I think it's realistic and it could be beneficial for DL in the long term. They don't necessarily have to build a hub out of it, just a strong focus that could be a back up to ATL.

If VS starts LHR it would make most sense to be with the 787.

As for service to EZE it will not happen with AR and DL has one daily flight from ATL so it is doubtful that they would add it, if any airline starts MCO-EZE it will be DY.

In regard to DL starting CDG or AMS, it is a strong possibility but it is still a few years away if they decide to start either one. I see DL starting BSB again and soon.

AM and WS will more than likely be moved over to AS4 and that is just a matter of time. GOAA has been shuffling airlines around lately and it doesn't look like they are done doing so.
Carpe Diem
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:54 pm

dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
I was definitely thinking VS, even with the downsize in seats, but with the 747s retiring soon it could be okay. I think the a/c would most definitely be a 333. I'd like to see Aerolineas add EZE, DL could add a few Latin destinations to serve as a secondary kind of deal so that anyone heading from the South to Europe or Latin Am, could connect through MCO as opposed to ATL, ultimately O&D is strong to LHR, EZE, and BSB so DL wouldn't have to fill the plane with more connections than what's local pax, at the same time they could move AM and WS over to Airside 4, Aerolineas would go to Airside 4 so you'd possibly have all skyteam/codeshare partners at one airside. Believe it or not I do hear of people flying from BOS to MCO to get on AM to MEX because it was cheap.

In terms of Europe, I'm thinking DL could do CDG or AMS, both provide the same connection opportunities and could easily be done on a 76W or even a 332 to start.

Some will say that's a pipe dream but I think it's realistic and it could be beneficial for DL in the long term. They don't necessarily have to build a hub out of it, just a strong focus that could be a back up to ATL.

If VS starts LHR it would make most sense to be with the 787.

As for service to EZE it will not happen with AR and DL has one daily flight from ATL so it is doubtful that they would add it, if any airline starts MCO-EZE it will be DY.

In regard to DL starting CDG or AMS, it is a strong possibility but it is still a few years away if they decide to start either one. I see DL starting BSB again and soon.

AM and WS will more than likely be moved over to AS4 and that is just a matter of time. GOAA has been shuffling airlines around lately and it doesn't look like they are done doing so.
I was confused as to why LATAM went from 1 to 4 just to go back to 1.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:15 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I was confused as to why LATAM went from 1 to 4 just to go back to 1.

My understanding was because of construction, someone please correct if that is wrong.
Carpe Diem
 
tjh8402
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:20 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:48 pm

VS does have the DL connection, but how much does that matter at MCO? There won't be much, if anything connecting traffic (through MCO). Everyone would be using VS to connect to other destinations. I guess it would make sense if DL looks at their FF base and sees enough flying to LHR through ATL or other DL hubs. Otherwise, I would think BA would be the better choice for travelers, offering far more connecting opportunities for MCO based travelers. It's also not as though AA has a small presence or FF base in Orlando either. I also think another (small) point in BA's favor is that they are a listed partner (I'm guessing interline or codeshare?) of B6, which is a carrier that could offer feed at MCO. I'm also guessing BA has a bigger fleet with better slack/flexibility to find the right size plane for the route. I would think the 788 would be ideal for testing out the route as happened with AUS.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:17 am

tjh8402 wrote:
VS does have the DL connection, but how much does that matter at MCO? There won't be much, if anything connecting traffic (through MCO). Everyone would be using VS to connect to other destinations. I guess it would make sense if DL looks at their FF base and sees enough flying to LHR through ATL or other DL hubs. Otherwise, I would think BA would be the better choice for travelers, offering far more connecting opportunities for MCO based travelers. It's also not as though AA has a small presence or FF base in Orlando either. I also think another (small) point in BA's favor is that they are a listed partner (I'm guessing interline or codeshare?) of B6, which is a carrier that could offer feed at MCO. I'm also guessing BA has a bigger fleet with better slack/flexibility to find the right size plane for the route. I would think the 788 would be ideal for testing out the route as happened with AUS.
DL and friends have a better presence at MCO though, you're right about the FF's though, if DL has a lot of FF's, my family is, I know of a lot others, VS could make LHR happen. AMS and CDG as dabpit said above has a good chance of happening since both provide good connection opportunities. We shall see, I'm super excited to see how it pans out, and am rooting for DL on AMS or CDG, maybe both! :wink:
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 pm

tjh8402 wrote:
VS does have the DL connection, but how much does that matter at MCO? There won't be much, if anything connecting traffic (through MCO). Everyone would be using VS to connect to other destinations. I guess it would make sense if DL looks at their FF base and sees enough flying to LHR through ATL or other DL hubs. Otherwise, I would think BA would be the better choice for travelers, offering far more connecting opportunities for MCO based travelers. It's also not as though AA has a small presence or FF base in Orlando either. I also think another (small) point in BA's favor is that they are a listed partner (I'm guessing interline or codeshare?) of B6, which is a carrier that could offer feed at MCO. I'm also guessing BA has a bigger fleet with better slack/flexibility to find the right size plane for the route. I would think the 788 would be ideal for testing out the route as happened with AUS.

Excellent point, I forgot about B6 feed since they partner with BA. When comparing feed as a factor then BA starting LHR has by far the better chance of happening.

flymco753 wrote:
DL and friends have a better presence at MCO though, you're right about the FF's though, if DL has a lot of FF's, my family is, I know of a lot others, VS could make LHR happen. AMS and CDG as dabpit said above has a good chance of happening since both provide good connection opportunities. We shall see, I'm super excited to see how it pans out, and am rooting for DL on AMS or CDG, maybe both!

I said it is a strong possibility that DL could start CDG or AMS but that it is still a few years away IF they decide to start either one. Nor did I mention anything about connection opportunities at CDG or AMS. ;)
Carpe Diem
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:42 pm

dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
DL and friends have a better presence at MCO though, you're right about the FF's though, if DL has a lot of FF's, my family is, I know of a lot others, VS could make LHR happen. AMS and CDG as dabpit said above has a good chance of happening since both provide good connection opportunities. We shall see, I'm super excited to see how it pans out, and am rooting for DL on AMS or CDG, maybe both!

I said it is a strong possibility that DL could start CDG or AMS but that it is still a few years away IF they decide to start either one. Nor did I mention anything about connection opportunities at CDG or AMS. ;)
My apologies for putting words in your mouth, but I would like to see CDG and AMS both, but the real question is, can MCO support 2 76Ws one to CDG and the other to AMS, without competing against theirselves.

Also is the new DL service to BHM seasonal or year round?
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:58 pm

G4 just added a bunch of new SFB flights this morning including 3 flights to 2 new cities; ORF, GPT and MKE.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
Clipper136
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:07 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:36 pm

MCO's dual level, 3 jetway A380 gate is almost ready (Gate 90). Is also the first of 4 new FIS capable gates on Airside 4.
You can't beat the Experience.
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Clipper136 wrote:
MCO's dual level, 3 jetway A380 gate is almost ready (Gate 90). Is also the first of 4 new FIS capable gates on Airside 4.

A long overdue FIS gate expansion! Glad it is almost done.
Carpe Diem
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm

dabpit wrote:
Clipper136 wrote:
MCO's dual level, 3 jetway A380 gate is almost ready (Gate 90). Is also the first of 4 new FIS capable gates on Airside 4.

A long overdue FIS gate expansion! Glad it is almost done.
What airlines would use the 90 gates once the new FIS expansion is done? DL and partners would use 70's and 80's I assume and put LH at 90's. I wrote a sample of who would use what gates at Airside 4. 70's: DL, 80's: AM, DL, VS and WS. 90's: AC, BA, EK, LH, SY and TC. What do you think?
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm not sure I'd want to be down there when it gets overly busy. I seem to recall only 2 bag claims down there, and EK was using both for my arrival into MCO.
xx
 
User avatar
dabpit
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:57 pm

usxguy wrote:
I'm not sure I'd want to be down there when it gets overly busy. I seem to recall only 2 bag claims down there, and EK was using both for my arrival into MCO.

There are 4 claims in AS4 FIS.
Carpe Diem
 
Clipper136
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:07 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:41 pm

The new FIS gates will be CUTE gates so anyone can use them. They may relocate a couple of airlines from Airside 1 (i.e. LATAM).
Unless someone regularly schedules an A380 or B748, their use will vary by demand on any given day. Only two are being finished up now (90 & 92). Work will begin on the final two (94 & 96) after the first two are returned to service.

The FIS in Airside 4 is also being Expanded by approx 35% as part of this project. Larger bag belts, restrooms and a few more CBP stations, new TSA checkpoint.
You can't beat the Experience.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Here are the new renderings of the C Terminal, boy does it look good. This has B6's name written all over it. http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news ... hares.html
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:24 pm

I find it interesting that DL is cutting DTW flights down to 5x as opposed to 6x on M,T next winter during peak travel. I remember a while ago when the route was up to 10x daily, but I guess there's justification to put that plane somewhere else, but NK added a 4th daily flight to DTW, so there's no real loss.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:37 am

TAM started GIG today, I think DL could jump on GIG-MCO one day in the future, especially if DL wants to strengthen MCO more.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:09 am

Clipper136 wrote:
Unless someone regularly schedules an A380 or B748, their use will vary by demand on any given day..
Didn't LH have the 748 scheduled at some point but switch it back to a 744? Or LH stated it somewhere, either way I saw it somewhere and wonder if LH would use that gate. Also, most other airports have UA with LH, do you think UA could move into 4 and be with LH and AC?
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Tons of F9 routes announced for MCO; BUF, CUN, CID, GRR, TYS, OKC, SAT and TUL.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 4750
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:48 am

When the new terminal gets built are the car rental companies included or will it be a tram ride to the existing lot?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
 
Clipper136
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:07 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:27 am

flymco753 wrote:
Clipper136 wrote:
Unless someone regularly schedules an A380 or B748, their use will vary by demand on any given day..
Didn't LH have the 748 scheduled at some point but switch it back to a 744? Or LH stated it somewhere, either way I saw it somewhere and wonder if LH would use that gate. Also, most other airports have UA with LH, do you think UA could move into 4 and be with LH and AC?


LH scheduled the B748 for a short period when they were down a few B744. They have been recently talking about changing equipment. Both the B748 and the A380 have been mentioned, but nothing concrete yet, just talk. There is absolutely no room or possibility of UA moving to A/S 4.

readytotaxi wrote:
When the new terminal gets built are the car rental companies included or will it be a tram ride to the existing lot?

Rental car and ground transportation companies will be at the new Terminal C. They will be in the parking garage, similar to the North Terminal (A&B).
You can't beat the Experience.
 
User avatar
flymco753
Topic Author
Posts: 1695
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:09 am

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Clipper136 wrote:
LH scheduled the B748 for a short period when they were down a few B744. They have been recently talking about changing equipment. Both the B748 and the A380 have been mentioned, but nothing concrete yet, just talk. There is absolutely no room or possibility of UA moving to A/S 4.
I figured much that UA wouldn't happen. The most realistic option though for LH is the 748, if anyone is going to regularly fly in the A380 it'll be EK.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...
 
User avatar
KTPAFlyer
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:08 pm

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:01 pm

I recently emailed Ed Bastian about the possibility of MCO-LHR. I got a response:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail to Ed Bastian regarding your interest in a potential Delta London (Heathrow)-Orlando operation.

Our Network Planning team is constantly evaluating opportunities to maximize Delta’s profits through optimal deployment of our aircraft assets. To that end, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, we have recently launched or announced a number of new Heathrow routes, including Salt Lake City and Portland, in cooperation with our joint venture partner, Virgin Atlantic.

We have also studied the potential for London-Orlando, and while it is undoubtedly a high-volume market, the demand remains very much skewed towards leisure travel, with only 4% of total industry bookings made in the premium cabin, compared with 19% for the U.S.-London market as a whole.

Moreover, the recent strength of the U.S. dollar against the British pound makes for an especially challenging revenue environment in Orlando, where 90% of traffic originates in the UK; when pound-denominated fares are converted back into dollars, at the current exchange rate, they are worth roughly 15% less, in dollars, than they were just six short months ago.

These two factors, among others, would make it difficult for Delta to profitably launch an Orlando-Heathrow service at the present time, but please know that we are constantly reviewing such opportunities and that it certainly will continue to receive consideration as economic conditions evolve."
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos