flymco753
Topic Author

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:38 pm

dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
I would think the reason AC would go to 1 is because they have pre clearance, unless you need to be at a terminal with an entry point any how.

I wonder where Avianca, COPA, Caribbean, and other airlines not partnered with B6 would go, would they still go to C or go to 90's?

Here are my picks for placement when C opens:
AS1 - Air Canada, Alaska/Virgin America, Bahamasair, Frontier, Silver Airways, Suncountry
AS2 - Southwest
AS3 - American, United
AS4 - AeroMexico, Air Transat, Delta, Caribbean Airlines, Edelweiss, Eurowings, LATAM, Lufthansa, Sunrise Airways, Sunwing, Virgin Atlantic, Volaris, Westjet
C - Aer Lingus, airberlin, Avianca, Azul, COPA, British Airways, Emirates, Icelandair, jetBlue, Norwegian, Thomas Cook, All Charters
NK would stay at AS3. I was re-watching the rendition of the new C terminal, are they set on how many gates the terminal will house?
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...

dabpit

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:30 pm

flymco753 wrote:
NK would stay at AS3. I was re-watching the rendition of the new C terminal, are they set on how many gates the terminal will house?

NK has been growing MCO (slowly but they have been) and AS3 is tight as it is, so makes sense to move them to AS1 when B6 goes to C. I thought the total number was 60 gates but the first phase is around 30/45 gates (can't remember which one).
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:40 pm

dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

NK has been growing MCO (slowly but they have been) and AS3 is tight as it is, so makes sense to move them to AS1 when B6 goes to C. I thought the total number was 60 gates but the first phase is around 30/45 gates (can't remember which one).
I assume they'd take over 10's at AS1 if they do move, I thought UA and AA used 40's and 50's exclusively? Yet there was an AA 737 and 2 UA 737's at 30's when I was there last. I usually am at AS4 so that's all I hear about.
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:48 pm

I posted elsewhere but I figured to post it here, but with all of this F9 expansion to TYS, TUL, and CID has me thinking who is going to win the battle. G4 flies to SFB from all of these places and have established themselves loyalty. The market ins't all that big to these places and I think someone is going to get kicked whether F9 gains customers from G4 or G4 continues to keep their loyalty. Just because these carriers are low cost doesn't mean that defers them from either driving in TYS case, or surging any kind of additional prices in the markets that most likely have already reached a high potential like TUL and CID.

FoxtrotSierra

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm

I recently got to visit the ATC tower at MCO (a very rare opportunity in itself) and realized that Gate 96 has been removed, which EK previously used. Does anyone know which gate they use now?

dabpit

Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:36 pm

FoxtrotSierra wrote:
I recently got to visit the ATC tower at MCO (a very rare opportunity in itself) and realized that Gate 96 has been removed, which EK previously used. Does anyone know which gate they use now?

Gate 96 is a domestic gate, EK has not used this gate and won't use it as they typically arrive at 83/86. I think you got your gates mixed up.
Carpe Diem

FLYKTPA

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:02 am

iFlyDTW wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
I know AB is because of the whole debacle but is there a good reason Eurowings is ending service?

Eurowings is not ending service. Both Orlando and Miami will seasonally end in April, resume in October.
Thank you for the clarification.

Also I have heard many rumors about NK wanting to expand MCO out west a little more, markets Ive heard of are LAS and DEN, I remember some time ago, they showed DEN and MCO linked on the route map, maybe it was premature growth plans that just so happened to be leaked.

Have you heard anymore NK growth rumors? Anything about more RSW and TPA growth? I can imagine that TPA- DEN, LAX and LAS would be attractive to Spirit.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

FLYKTPA

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:53 am

Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

dabpit

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:57 pm

As of today (10/25/17), WS has moved to AS4 and Terminal B.
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:07 pm

dabpit wrote:
90's I assume? This is great, next up for the move is AM to 80's and B.

BTW, it was actually pretty bitter this morning at the airport with the temps, it felt much cooler than 50 degrees...

flymco753
Topic Author

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:14 pm

flymco753 wrote:
dabpit wrote:
90's I assume? This is great, next up for the move is AM to 80's and B.

BTW, it was actually pretty bitter this morning at the airport with the temps, it felt much cooler than 50 degrees...
Disregard, I just saw they're using 97 all day. Either way I still think it's time before AM moves to 4, DGS won't have to do the ground work, they can let DL do it.

727LOVER

Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:55 pm

I flew out of MCO on Oct 17. That was hands down, the WORST TSA experience I've ever had. If the terminal were being built today, they'd probably have separate checkpoints for Airside 1 & 3////HORRIBLE!

So that new building structure south of Airside 3, thats the new terminal?. Looks complete...I only got a 1 second glance.

AA and UA are both in Airside 3---who's left up in Airside 1?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

flymco753
Topic Author

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:31 pm

727LOVER wrote:
I flew out of MCO on Oct 17. That was hands down, the WORST TSA experience I've ever had. If the terminal were being built today, they'd probably have separate checkpoints for Airside 1 & 3////HORRIBLE!

So that new building structure south of Airside 3, thats the new terminal?. Looks complete...I only got a 1 second glance.

AA and UA are both in Airside 3---who's left up in Airside 1?
West Atrium is by far the worst and most unorganized security I've seen next to LAX, in the long term something will have to be done about it, but hopefully when the C terminal opens it'll alleviate some security since B6 and friends will be the likely culprits to move, and most reside in 1. That big new structure you see is the APM, I believe the terminal has just been started so there's no real structure that looks nearly completed for the terminal.

flymco753
Topic Author

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:49 pm

I could've sworn I saw Air Transat at Airside 4 when I took off, did they move from 1?

dabpit

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:59 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I could've sworn I saw Air Transat at Airside 4 when I took off, did they move from 1?

Yes, they are on AS4 now.
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:20 pm

Took a sneak peak of the new C garage, I’m pretty impressed and it really shows its Central Florida style. My viewpoints about MCO are pretty conservative so I don’t know how I feel about the C terminal yet, but it’ll have to impress me like the C complex did.

CobaltScar

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Very glad b6 moving into the new C terminal once its complete. We can expect them to personalize the experience there like they've done at JFK.

flymco753
Topic Author

Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:50 pm

NK landed a LAS flight for MCO, glad to see this finally coming to fruition, why isn't MCO a hub yet? Will it remain a focus city?

dabpit

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:10 pm

LATAM will be adding service from MCO to Fortaleza, Brazil. No start date has been given yet.

With this new service, MCO will have serve 6 cities in Brazil.
AD: VCP, REC, CNF
DL: GRU
LATAM: GRU, GIG, FOR

Hopefully, we will see BSB (LATAM or DL) added back soon. It would be nice to see service added to Belem (AD) and Manaus (AD).
Carpe Diem

Clipper136

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:22 am

As of October 2017, on a rolling 12 months, MCO is now over 44 million passengers.

Not bad for a facility that was originally built to handle 25 million.
After the current construction, not including the new South Terminal (Terminal C), the MCO's design capacity is 45 million passengers.
You can't beat the Experience.

william

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:31 am

With rumors of domestic (talk of JB, AA and UA moving) and Intl airlines moving to C will there not be alot gates left empty on the original airside concourses? Other than the airside handling Intl flights being converted to domestic, what rumors are there to fill in the gates left open?

william

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:33 am

dabpit wrote:
Hillis wrote:
How many gates will the South Terminal add for MCO?

16 gates for part one. In total it could have up to 160 gates.

How? I yet to see a rendering of that.

Super80Fan

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 am

Is anything happening to the old air-sides, as in tear downs, or are new airlines/more gate takeovers going to happen?
RIP McDonnell Douglas

flymco753
Topic Author

Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:46 am

Clipper136 wrote:
As of October 2017, on a rolling 12 months, MCO is now over 44 million passengers.

After the current construction, not including the new South Terminal (Terminal C), the MCO's design capacity is 45 million passengers.
It’ll probably blow 45M at some point soon too. The Airsides seem fine, it’s the security lines that are miserable.

dabpit

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm

william wrote:
How? I yet to see a rendering of that.

The airport had a presentation on their website for a long time regarding the new South Terminal. I will look for it again and try to post.
Carpe Diem

727LOVER

Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 pm

Question for MCO knowledgable:

There is a thread about MIA-Tokyo/far east like every 2 months.
I was wondering if MCO has regular talks with far east carriers.
Are there no talks or is th Orlando crowd just not as fervent.

I would love so see Saudi back
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

dabpit

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:43 pm

727LOVER wrote:
Question for MCO knowledgable:

There is a thread about MIA-Tokyo/far east like every 2 months.
I was wondering if MCO has regular talks with far east carriers.
Are there no talks or is th Orlando crowd just not as fervent.

I would love so see Saudi back

I am sure MCO has talks with far East carriers but the Orlando crowd understands the reality of that service still being years away.

It is better to focus and talk about the service you will more than likely get in the near future (ie. more South America, Central America, Caribbean, and Europe Service...)
Carpe Diem

william

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:49 pm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os- ... story.html

Again, so when JetBlue moves and the Intl' ops move over to C, who is going to expand or back fill the gates at the Airsides?

william

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 pm

FoxtrotSierra wrote:

Nice pics, there was an urban myth back in the 80s that the overflow lakes between the terminal and airsides have alligators in them to aid security. :shock:

neomax

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 pm

william wrote:
Nice pics, there was an urban myth back in the 80s that the overflow lakes between the terminal and airsides have alligators in them to aid security. :shock:

I'm almost certain they still do, and have seen several pictures floating on the Internet, including from MCO itself that show these alligators. MCO is I believe the only airport that has an active taxiway in close proximity to a publicly accessible area with no fence. I'm pretty sure that the gators are the only reason why they can get away with not having a fence, otherwise, anyone who knows how to swim could jump in the lake and get to the other side with no difficulty at all aside from looking incredibly suspicious as you would be soaking wet on the tarmac by the time you got to the other side. Even that is not foolproof as doing this during a rainstorm would basically foil it, hence the alligators.

https://www.facebook.com/flyMCO/photos/ ... =3&theater

flymco753
Topic Author

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:19 pm

I remember one took a stroll on the taxiway a few years ago, I want to believe he was 12 ft 850 lbs. Didnt they find a gator years ago that was 18ft by MCO?

dabpit

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:04 pm

william wrote:
Again, so when JetBlue moves and the Intl' ops move over to C, who is going to expand or back fill the gates at the Airsides?

See My educated predictions below (posted before but with modifications now):
AS1 - Air Canada, Alaska/Virgin America, Bahamasair, Frontier, Silver Airways, Suncountry, Spirit
AS2 - Southwest
AS3 - American, United
AS4 - AeroMexico, Air Transat, Delta, Caribbean Airlines, Edelweiss, Eurowings, LATAM, Lufthansa, Sunrise Airways, Sunwing, Virgin Atlantic, Volaris, Westjet
C - Aer Lingus, Avianca, Azul, COPA, British Airways, Emirates, Icelandair, jetBlue, Norwegian, Thomas Cook, All Charters
Carpe Diem

william

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 pm

dabpit wrote:
william wrote:

See My educated predictions below (posted before but with modifications now):
AS1 - Air Canada, Alaska/Virgin America, Bahamasair, Frontier, Silver Airways, Suncountry, Spirit
AS2 - Southwest
AS3 - American, United
C - Aer Lingus, Avianca, Azul, COPA, British Airways, Emirates, Icelandair, jetBlue, Norwegian, Thomas Cook, All Charters

So Airside 4 keeps its Customs facilities?

dabpit

Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:12 pm

william wrote:
So Airside 4 keeps its Customs facilities?

That is correct.
Carpe Diem

mcogator

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:08 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Clipper136 wrote:

It’ll probably blow 45M at some point soon too. The Airsides seem fine, it’s the security lines that are miserable.

Speaking of blow by...is this the year we surpass MIA as the busiest airport in Florida? MIA was at 44.5 million in 2016, and this year they are down around 1% YTD.
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta

Clipper136

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:29 pm

The Airside 1 FIS will close and the Airside 4 FIS, with the currently under construction expansion, will remain open after Terminal C opens in 2020.

It will be close as far as MCO passing MIA, again this year. On a calendar basis, we are slightly ahead as of October passenger numbers. We'll see what November and December do. December is usually a busy month for both.

BGIplanefreak

Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:35 am

Just curious if LATAM will be resuming their seasonal SCL-MCO service this winter. If so, when does it start?

neomax

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:30 am

mcogator wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
Clipper136 wrote:

Speaking of blow by...is this the year we surpass MIA as the busiest airport in Florida? MIA was at 44.5 million in 2016, and this year they are down around 1% YTD.

Isn't MIA like one spot ahead of MCO on the busiest list? It's so close at this point that its practically within a margin of error. I wouldn't be surprised if MCO becomes the busiest too, it'd be pretty amazing and a testament to how far they've come that we could top MIA! Never thought I'd see the day, but looks like its almost here!

Clipper136

Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Yes, seasonal SCL-MCO resumes in January. Up 1 weekly frequency to x3 weekly.

MCO surpassed MIA once before on the busiest list (2007? IIRC), but fell during the last economic recession. I think there are a few spots that separate MIA and MCO on the list last year.

MAH4546

Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:09 pm

neomax wrote:
mcogator wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Isn't MIA like one spot ahead of MCO on the busiest list? It's so close at this point that its practically within a margin of error. I wouldn't be surprised if MCO becomes the busiest too, it'd be pretty amazing and a testament to how far they've come that we could top MIA! Never thought I'd see the day, but looks like its almost here!

See what day? MCO was the busiest airport in Florida for a long time in the 2000s. MIA surpassed it a few years ago. And as MIA is a two major airport town (FLL is busier today than MIA was in the early 2000s), I’m sure it’ll happen again, as South Florida’s traffic growth is split between the two.
a.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos