flymco753
Topic Author

Re: Orlando Air Service Discussion Part 2

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Would you think DY could do MCO-AMS now that they're tapping the CDG market?
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:37 pm

2017 predictions?
Whether you're here on business, returning home, or visiting our world class attractions, welcome to Orlando and Central Florida...

jbpdx

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:24 am

fsafsx wrote:
There is a rumor that jetblue wants to fly 2 daily flights to minneap from orlando

That would be prudent considering there are only 10 daily nonstops right now.
Next: AS PDX-LAS-PDX

APYu

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:44 am

I wonder if MCO is losing some of its magic for VS. I notice some of the second services on a Saturday from LGW have been zeroed out after the summer holidays (16th and 23rd of September are the dates I was looking at)
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:16 pm

I thought the same thing about VS, at peak times there will be at leased 4 747's parked in the 80's at once.

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:19 pm

jbpdx wrote:
fsafsx wrote:
There is a rumor that jetblue wants to fly 2 daily flights to minneap from orlando

That would be prudent considering there are only 10 daily nonstops right now.
With DL, F9, NK, WN, and SY flying this route with up to 12 flights in a day this winter, B6 makes zero sense. B6 would already have a tough time making ORD, DTW, and CLE work if they did MCO because of the amount of LCC's and low fares or basic fares (basic economy on DL) by AA, DL, and UA.

jomur

Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:14 pm

APYu wrote:
I wonder if MCO is losing some of its magic for VS. I notice some of the second services on a Saturday from LGW have been zeroed out after the summer holidays (16th and 23rd of September are the dates I was looking at)

VS quite often mergers 2 flights so drops one of the flights during the quieter times of the year. Sepetember will be just after the English kids of gone back to school and just before the English half term.

APYu

Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:02 pm

I feel sorry for the 5 passengers booked in J already then as the later flight is already full :-(
We'd like to welcome in particular our Executive Club members and those joining us from our Oneworld alliance partners.

dabpit

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:36 pm

APYu wrote:

Not at all. It is typical to see VS with with one daily MAN and LGW in the slow season. There are some days that a 747 only has 20 or 30 passengers! There is still plenty of love for VS, next summer there will be up to 5 or 6 daily flights.
Carpe Diem

dabpit

Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:38 pm

flymco753 wrote:
2017 predictions?

Here are my predictions. Keep in mind that some of these are long shots and may not happen. Some cities are listed multiple times but only look for one of the carriers to start a city listed more than once.
*DY adding service to ARN, BCN, DUB, TXL, EZE
*Fruther expansion by NK and F9
~F9: SJU, PWM, PHX, SLC, MIA, MEM, SAT, BUF, ABQ (long shots maybe even 2018 OKC, LIT, FSD, FAR, BIS, BIL)
~NK: ROC, ALB, SDF, MDT, IND, GRR, LIT, BKG, DEN (was published on their route map by mistake)
*F9 adding some international routes
~CUN, KIN, MBJ, PUJ, GUA, SJO, PTY, BOG, MDE, CLO, CTG, SXM, AUA
*LATAM adding more flights: make SCL year round, bring BSB back, add GIG, BOG, and EZE
*More year round service to Canada
~Places like YVR, YWG, YHZ, YYC, YQB
*Azul bring back CNF, increase REC frequencies, add BSB
*Increased service to Mexico with Volaris
~Daily MEX, 4x week GDL, add 2x week to TIJ
*Eurowings adding service to MUC and VIE
*WOW air start service to KEF
*See the the addition of TAP Portugual to LIS
*See the the addition of LOT Polish to WAW
*airberlin adding TXL
*jetBlue adding LAS, PHX, PWM, PIT, SFO, FLL, ATL (we already know it is coming)
*Southwest adding OAK, SJC, SEA, PDX, SLC, DSM
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 pm

I would add DL expansion in that list, they've added CLE, DCA and STL recently so it would be interesting to see what other RJ routes they could put together. I really believe DL can make a CR9 work on an MCO-TVC winter Saturday flight. I know LAS used to happen but on a 320 I think it's possible.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:40 am

DL's Saturday-only flights to MCO are utilization flying of aircraft not needed due to reduced weekend/Saturday schedules into hub-outstation routes.
I would not expect TVC-MCO as that is an extremely long and thin route versus in comparsion to much larger markets. TVC would work maybe 1 weekend out of the year that aligns with school spring break, but doesn't make sense any other weeks of the year. Big difference between DCA/STL/CLE and TVC.

APYu

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:48 pm

dabpit wrote:
APYu wrote:
Not at all. It is typical to see VS with with one daily MAN and LGW in the slow season.

Yes, some days only one is scheduled so it's quite typical to only see one!. Im referring to the days when second flights are still scheduled, but have been zeroed out for future bookings.

flymco753
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:21 am

Did anyone catch a glimpse of LATAM's 787 today? That's pretty cool, a 787 and a 350.

dabpit

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:46 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Did anyone catch a glimpse of LATAM's 787 today? That's pretty cool, a 787 and a 350.

Watched it take off from my office, it was a nice sight to see.
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:36 pm

dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

Watched it take off from my office, it was a nice sight to see.
I'll be on my way home tomorrow, does it come in at a late time? I'll be in around 2028PM.

dabpit

Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:03 pm

flymco753 wrote:
I'll be on my way home tomorrow, does it come in at a late time? I'll be in around 2028PM.

The flight is only on Wednesday and Thursday arriving at 0720 and departing at 1015.
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Boy this weekend was cold, either how I noticed A/3 got the new trams, what's the schedule look like for the other airsides? I've also noticed how quick the S. Terminal Complex is progressing. I think it's likely that B6 would move in with their partners and that opens up space at A/1. Maybe a shift with AM and WS to A/4? I'm excited to see what happens.

dabpit

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Boy this weekend was cold, either how I noticed A/3 got the new trams, what's the schedule look like for the other airsides? I've also noticed how quick the S. Terminal Complex is progressing. I think it's likely that B6 would move in with their partners and that opens up space at A/1. Maybe a shift with AM and WS to A/4? I'm excited to see what happens.

I posted this before but I will post it again. The one I am not sure of is F9, if they start international flights and offer connections, where would they go? I want to say move AC and SY (already have them listed to move) over to AS1 and move F9 to AS4.

Given that EI is pre-cleared I see them staying in AS1 (unless they have a high number of connections on B6).

Airlines at new terminal: B6, EK, AV, CM, AD, DY, AB, FI, WS, 3M (International only), and Thomas Cook.
Airlines at AS4: DL, AC, LATAM, VS, LH, Eurowings, Volairs, BW, AM, and international charters.
Airlines to move into AS1: NK, UP, SY, 3M, VA (to be with AS), and domestic charters.

Airlines at AS3: AA and UA
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm

dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I posted this before but I will post it again. The one I am not sure of is F9, if they start international flights and offer connections, where would they go? I want to say move AC and SY (already have them listed to move) over to AS1 and move F9 to AS4.

Given that EI is pre-cleared I see them staying in AS1 (unless they have a high number of connections on B6).

Airlines at new terminal: B6, EK, AV, CM, AD, DY, AB, FI, WS, 3M (International only), and Thomas Cook.
Airlines at AS4: DL, AC, LATAM, VS, LH, Eurowings, Volairs, BW, AM, and international charters.
Airlines to move into AS1: NK, UP, SY, 3M, VA (to be with AS), and domestic charters.

Airlines at AS3: AA and UA
Speaking of 4, I've never used the FIS at MCO since I've never done international flying from the airport, what airside has the best FIS?

dabpit

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:18 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Speaking of 4, I've never used the FIS at MCO since I've never done international flying from the airport, what airside has the best FIS?

AS4 is by far the best. It is open, organized and newer. AS1 is old, small, and not so organized. Being in AS1 reminds me of being in a cramped basement.
Carpe Diem

KTPAFlyer

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 pm

flymco753 wrote:

It is highly dependent on what time you arrive. I have used AS4 FIS arriving on EK219, and I flew through in under 5 minutes. However EK arrives during the morning lull where literally the only other Int'l flight is Air Canada Rouge (which is precleared), and thus not only is FIS deserted, but the rest of the pier itself. However, if you arrive during the evening rush, AS4 FIS can be hell. I landed recently on the LGW-MCO flight with VS over the summer, and FIS was swamped with multiple VS 744's, TAM, LH, etc. Luckily I have global entry, but at peak rush, trying to get through that bottleneck is on par with JFK, maybe LAX, although not as bad as MIA.

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:34 pm

KTPAFlyer wrote:
but at peak rush, trying to get through that bottleneck is on par with JFK, maybe LAX, although not as bad as MIA.
Wow I never thought it would be that bad.

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:35 pm

dabpit wrote:
What room is there for DL to expand at A/4? I know they use 80's if need be and 90's on an occasion, if the 90's are left open that could be an option?

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:52 pm

NK adds MSY.

dabpit

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:29 pm

flymco753 wrote:
What room is there for DL to expand at A/4? I know they use 80's if need be and 90's on an occasion, if the 90's are left open that could be an option?

There is some room.

flymco753 wrote:
NK adds MSY.

Yes! Service starts May 25.
MCO-MSY 1140-1220
MSY-MCO 0810-1055

Both flights will be with the A319 and service is daily.

Also worth noting is that G4 will start service from SFB to SDF (Louisville) on May 24
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:30 pm

DL is beginning second daily flights to SEA according to their media but I have yet to see it loaded.

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:53 pm

Do they have a date when all of the new trams will be installed? So far it appears A/3 only has them.

DTL

Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:07 pm

https://orlandoairports.net/getting-aro ... struction/

The trams will only be replaced for airsides 1 and 3. Each tram is getting replaced one at a time, so according to the site it will not be complete till February 2018.

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:36 pm

DTL wrote:
https://orlandoairports.net/getting-around-mco/construction/

The trams will only be replaced for airsides 1 and 3. Each tram is getting replaced one at a time, so according to the site it will not be complete till February 2018.
Thanks I appreciate it, I thought I saw a new tram at 3 when I left. I'm still excited to see LATAM 787 since I haven't seen that yet, I'll have to come out early. Would it make sense for DL or DY to do AMS?

dabpit

Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:54 pm

flymco753 wrote:
Would it make sense for DL or DY to do AMS?

At the moment for DL it would not make sense. As for DY they are still adding flights from AMS but have not started long haul. With having said that I see DY doing in AMS what they have done in CDG.

Over the next two years I see DY adding BCN, MAD, AMS, and DUB to MCO.
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:06 pm

dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

At the moment for DL it would not make sense. As for DY they are still adding flights from AMS but have not started long haul. With having said that I see DY doing in AMS what they have done in CDG.

I wonder if DY has considered TPA and how it would affect MCO service, my friends over there heard TPA is trying to secure "multiple low cost options" to Europe.

FLYKTPA

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:23 pm

flymco753 wrote:
dabpit wrote:
flymco753 wrote:

I wonder if DY has considered TPA and how it would affect MCO service, my friends over there heard TPA is trying to secure "multiple low cost options" to Europe.

Does your friend happen to know the carriers that TPA is trying to secure?
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:09 pm

FLYKTPA wrote:
flymco753 wrote:
dabpit wrote:

Does your friend happen to know the carriers that TPA is trying to secure?
No clue. All he said is TPA wants more low cost to Europe, but I'm sure that's every airports goal.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:02 pm

How can DL fly the 767 to MSP and get away with it when the flights aren't full for the most part?

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:37 pm

NK adds 2nd daily BWI, In my opinion, BWI is one of those markets I'd consider "over served" in terms of daily flights.

gbeverett24

Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:56 pm

Any idea when the AA Admirals club will open in Orlando? The company I work for uses AA as its preferred airline, which is ok with me, so I travel a lot on them out of MCO. I was talking to a Admiral club employee in DFW and asked if they knew, and their response was, please tell us if you see it open, because we have multiple people who want to transfer to it :)

I will say that is a pretty big statement on AAs part to open one in MCO. They must have long term plans for the airport.

flymco753
Topic Author

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:39 am

A/4 was a mess with the DL outage..

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:08 am

It appears WS is adding a few more weekly flights between YYZ and MCO this summer. It's always amazed me to see how many WS flights come in and out of MCO for a US airport.

dabpit

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:09 pm

LATAM will bring SCL back twice a week from July 6th to August 31st. Flights are Thursday and Saturday with the 787 and the flights will arrive and depart MCO in the evening.
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:10 pm

dabpit wrote:
LATAM will bring SCL back twice a week from July 6th to August 31st. Flights are Thursday and Saturday with the 787 and the flights will arrive and depart MCO in the evening.
I usually come in around the evening hours, I'll have to stick around to check it out. Thanks for the update.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:06 pm

dabpit wrote:
I see per OAG that MCO-LIM becomes 1.0 as opposed to 0.9 for April. Is there any chance of getting a larger aircraft on this route or is the peak A320 the best?

flymco753
Topic Author

Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:37 pm

F9 added a second daily frequency between MCO-DTW on an A320 in March/April. This raises the route to 13 flights on Saturday's and 12 peak day flights. 7x DL (6-753, 75D/H) 3x NK (321, 2-32S) 2x F9 (321, 320) and WN (73W).

dabpit

Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:22 pm

DL upgraded MCO-GRU to an A330-300 for the winter season.
Carpe Diem

flymco753
Topic Author

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29 pm

I wonder if any airline can make a seasonal TVC work, or full time GRR work again. NK has shied away from the smaller markets so the only possible option for TVC would be G4 to SFB and maybe an extension by DL for GRR.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:52 pm

In the last wrath of NK additions, they added PIT-MCO, daily on the A320.

flymco753
Topic Author

Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Also, I don't know why I tried to even get out of MCO today, but I tried taking JetBlue, when I talked to the agents they were wondering why B6 doesn't fly nonstop from MCO to DTW. With F9 adding a second daily frequency for the remainder of the winter it only makes it less viable for B6 to enter this market, but you never know.

iFlyDTW

Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:16 pm

flymco753 wrote:
With F9 adding a second daily frequency for the remainder of the winter it only makes it less viable for B6 to enter this market, but you never know.
Nice try, it's been a busy few days for us and MCO flights, but I think with F9 adding that it was the final nail in the coffin for B6 to enter this route. WN is already in the market so they could easily make it work but B6 isn't a well known brand for Orlando in Detroit, it would be the opposite, the people in Orlando would know B6 to Detroit and they wouldn't make money especially competing against sub 100 one way fares on NK and F9 and the mid 100's to 200 range on WN and DL.
Home of the "Bare Fare" /// Banana Plane Republic

dabpit

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:41 pm

MCO-DTW on B6 isn't going to happen.

From April to June NK is adding three new daily flights: BDL, MSY, and PIT. They are also resuming seasonal daily service to MSP. Wonder what NK will launch next out of MCO. There were a few FlightGlobal articles that quoted the CEO saying that they may make another big announcement for 2017 and that they are looking to expand in Mexico in 2018.
Carpe Diem

c172akula

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Looking forward to trying out the JetBlue HAV flight in a few weeks. Coming back the same day that we fly MCO-YYC with WS. JetBlue and WestJet look to depart out of the same gate area correct? If so after clearing US Customs is there a way to stay in the secure area to go to our WS flight? Or do we have to go through security again?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos