MAH4546

AE Cuts: JFK, BOS, SYR,DFW, BRX, CLE, SJU, More...

Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:51 pm

AE is ending the following 7 routes this April:

BOS-ALB

DFW-BPT
DFW-LFT

JFK-CLE
JFK-SYR

ORD-BTR

SJU-BRX
a.

chepos

RE: AE Cuts: JFK, BOS, SYR,DFW, BRX, CLE, SJU, More...

Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:02 am

Im surprised. With the huge Dominican population I would imagine that a flight between SJU and Barahona coulD be supported.
cHEPOS
Fly the Flag!!!!

ATL2CDG

Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:38 am

It's not a matter of it being fiscally supporter - It's a question of the American mainline pilots screwing Eagle interests. As long as scope prevails, common sense will not.
Ignorantia juris neminem excusat.

steverAAd

Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:56 am

Take if from someone who has been through the regional into the majors. When your at the Regionals you hate SCOPE, it's what "screws" us. The minute you finally get to you Mainline job, SCOPE is your best friend!! But it looks like you Eagle guys are finally starting see the world from our view! From Eagle's MEC:

``We understand why APA negotiated the commuter air carrier limitations in their contract's Scope clause,'' said Captain Jim Higgins, American Eagle ALPA MEC Chairman. ``American Airlines' pilots are concerned about the outsourcing of their flying. We are now seeing the same problem between American Eagle and the American Connection carriers.''

SCOPE is a doubled edged sword, but you need to look at both sides of the fence. It gets messy because everyone has the attitude "I'm gettting Screwd" That is till your job disappears to a RJ.

CoAir@IAH

Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:32 am

The routes from DFW to Louisiana and from JFK to CLE will really help the guys over at COex.

Just my $.02

ctbarnes

Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:49 am

Pardon my ignorance, but what is SCOPE?

Charles, SJ
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

usairways85

Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:04 am

a little more than a year ago all service between phl and jfk was stopped (3 ae flights, 4 or so twe flights, and 1 delta flight). anyone know or think ae will start phl-jfk? also, is there a chance that the phl-bos route will see all rj's rather than just 1 rj a day?