embraer175e2

Re: Caribbean Aviation Thread 120

Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:29 pm

aa1818 wrote:
embraer175e2 wrote:
Bahamasair atr72 routes. Anybody knows them?

Having looked at the single ATR72-600 they have in operation over the past few weeks it seems to predominantly fly NAS-MHH-PBI-MHH-NAS-MHH-NAS-XXX-NAS
The "XXX" that I've seen recently have been GGT, MIA, RSD and FPO.
In there this past week the aircraft has also done NAS-RSD-GGT-RSD-NAS.

For easy reference:
MHH: Marsh Harbour
PBI: West Palm Beach, FL
GGT: Great Exuma Is.
RSD: Rock Sound

Hope that's the info you were looking for.

Cheers,
AA1818

What about the atr42?

embraer175e2

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:33 pm

aa1818 wrote:
embraer175e2 wrote:
Bahamasair atr72 routes. Anybody knows them?

Having looked at the single ATR72-600 they have in operation over the past few weeks it seems to predominantly fly NAS-MHH-PBI-MHH-NAS-MHH-NAS-XXX-NAS
The "XXX" that I've seen recently have been GGT, MIA, RSD and FPO.
In there this past week the aircraft has also done NAS-RSD-GGT-RSD-NAS.

For easy reference:
MHH: Marsh Harbour
PBI: West Palm Beach, FL
GGT: Great Exuma Is.
RSD: Rock Sound

Hope that's the info you were looking for.

Cheers,
AA1818[/quote

Thx

embraer175e2

Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:34 pm

guyanam

Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 am

Any word on Insel? Do they still plan to begin restoring some routes for the busy summer season? Like MIA and PBM at a minimum.

embraer175e2

Tue May 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Nobody knows.

guyanam

Tue May 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Not looking good for Insel as the longer they are off the more entrenched the competition becomes. I think that we can assume that AA now owns MIA CUR. There will however be hardships for Haitians and Dominicans traveling to PBM as the best way was via CUR. Its the back door for those attempting to illegally enter Fr. Guyana.

embraer175e2

Tue May 02, 2017 8:09 pm

True

Rookie87

Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 am

PAP airport and Punta Cana airports flooded

BonaireFly

Wed May 03, 2017 3:08 am

Insider Information:

In a matter of days or weeks, there will be an official announcement regarding American Airlines and Sunwing Airlines launching flights to Bonaire by the end of the year.

commavia

Wed May 03, 2017 3:14 am

BonaireFly wrote:
Insider Information:

In a matter of days or weeks, there will be an official announcement regarding American Airlines and Sunwing Airlines launching flights to Bonaire by the end of the year.

Cool - look forward to it being official. I've figured it was just a matter of time - BON was one of the last prominent Caribbean/Latin America markets served by competitors but conspicuously not by AA. I'd imagine a few weekly A319 or E175s.

guyanam

Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 am

So SVD will finally get scheduled jet service, though not from a company that most might have projected to be the first. AC will operate winter seasonal service out of YYZ with an A319. One can ponder as to how much business they will generate, given that SVG's leisure product is upmarket, focused on the small Grenadine islands like Canouan and Union. AC being more mass market oriented and driven by package tours.

As of now BW offers 2x weekly easy connections out of JFK, via POS using its ATRs. The fastest way to travel between these points, and removing the need for to go though immigration at BGI/POS and to change airlines.

We will have to see of and when B6 will start nonstop from JFK to SVD. BW has hinted that they have no intention in doing so beyond an occasional flag stop.

embraer175e2

Fri May 05, 2017 2:16 am

Rookie87 wrote:

With what?

Rookie87

Fri May 05, 2017 2:48 am

embraer175e2 wrote:
Rookie87 wrote:

With what?

LOL unicorns

Water. I'd post pictures but don't know how to :(

beeweel15

Thu May 11, 2017 6:00 pm

Just read that Guyana Airways ( Air Guyana ) will be launching mid 2017 with 2 airbus A340 aircraft. Going to New York, Miami and Cuba. Any confirmation on that.

guyanam

Thu May 11, 2017 9:23 pm

The only Air Guyana I am aware of is the one affiliated with Fly Jam. it plans to start charters using OJ planes to HAV and JFK from GEO. They were hoping to get a 738 to handle KIN JFK as well as new flights to FLL from KIN.

The other A340 dream has already been discredited as some time ago the Guyana gov't denied knowing anything about them. If they are using Air Guyana as their name, that name has already been taken. GEO isn't a big market and really cannot absorb every dreamer that thinks that they can fly. As is there are now 4 airlines flying in between GEO and JFK. Reports are that up to 40% of the travel into GEO is on the JFK route.

baje427

Mon May 15, 2017 11:53 am

Runway extension and terminal works have begun at GEO. I think JB could make a FLL-SVD service once a week with an E190 or AA with the E175. In other news an Iberia A330 diverted to BGI yesterday due to a medical emergency.

leleko747

Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Attention BGI spotters:

A Classic DC-3 (With PT6 turboprop engines. Basler BT-67 conversion) N300MF bought by Missionary Flights International is on ferry flight from South Africa to Florida.

Picture of the DC-3 https://www.flickr.com/photos/leomuse747/33818051614/in/dateposted-public/

Took off this morning from Fortaleza airport and is heading to Barbados.
Pics and videos of the visit: Instagram @tmafortaleza or facebook @tmafor
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.

embraer175e2

Mon May 15, 2017 8:06 pm

embraer175e2

Mon May 15, 2017 8:07 pm

Winair goes with Pawa. See link above

BonaireFly

Tue May 16, 2017 12:58 am

Official: Sunwing Airlines will start flying to Bonaire from Toronto in mid-December 2017. The flights will be operated once weekly on Sundays with the Boeing 737-800's.

Sunwing Airlines haven't made an announcement yet, so this has so far only been picked up by local media.

A short article from local media.
http://bes-reporter.com/index.php/2017/05/13/sunwing-flights-bonaire-winter-months/

More details from one of Sunwings hotel partners on the island:
http://www.buddydive.com/directflightstorontobonaire/

Inside info on the American Airlines announcement:
The American Airlines announcement has been pushed back while all partners involved are finalizing the negotiations.

captaink

Tue May 16, 2017 1:21 am

guyanam wrote:
So SVD will finally get scheduled jet service, though not from a company that most might have projected to be the first. AC will operate winter seasonal service out of YYZ with an A319. One can ponder as to how much business they will generate, given that SVG's leisure product is upmarket, focused on the small Grenadine islands like Canouan and Union. AC being more mass market oriented and driven by package tours.

As of now BW offers 2x weekly easy connections out of JFK, via POS using its ATRs. The fastest way to travel between these points, and removing the need for to go though immigration at BGI/POS and to change airlines.

We will have to see of and when B6 will start nonstop from JFK to SVD. BW has hinted that they have no intention in doing so beyond an occasional flag stop.

That AC flight would also cater in great part to VFR traffic. Years ago when I worked in GND, charter flights to YYZ usually carried a considerable amount of Vincentians.
There is something special about planes....

GUYAIR707

Tue May 16, 2017 1:48 am

baje427 wrote:
Runway extension and terminal works have begun at GEO.

Works began a few years ago. They are scheduled to be finished by this year end. Runway to be extended by about 1550 metres, existing terminal will now be for departures only and new arrivals terminal is being built.

Please find articles below:

http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2017/ ... ine-looms/
http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2017/ ... -complete/

guyanam

Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 pm

captaink wrote:
guyanam wrote:

That AC flight would also cater in great part to VFR traffic. Years ago when I worked in GND, charter flights to YYZ usually carried a considerable amount of Vincentians.

Except that the VFR market goes dead after Xmas. Also seats on Rouge for people not on their packages are hard to get and very expensive on these routes where the frequency is low, so not working for most of the VFR. I know for SKB even Canada originating passengers often have to fly via the US, even though AC Rouge is available during the winter. The villa crowd aren't in packages, and I suspect that this accounts for most of the SVG leisure traffic.

captaink

Wed May 17, 2017 1:20 pm

guyanam wrote:
captaink wrote:
guyanam wrote:

Except that the VFR market goes dead after Xmas. Also seats on Rouge for people not on their packages are hard to get and very expensive on these routes where the frequency is low, so not working for most of the VFR. I know for SKB even Canada originating passengers often have to fly via the US, even though AC Rouge is available during the winter. The villa crowd aren't in packages, and I suspect that this accounts for most of the SVG leisure traffic.

But the flights are seasonal, so they won't have to worry about off season, but yes around Xmas, those flight will be full. I don't think folks holidaying in the Grenadines are Rouge's typical passengers as you say. It's worth mentioning that Rouge comes to GND once or twice a week as well, and a significant percentage of the passengers are VFR, especially with their sometimes great last minute fares. Couple weeks ago, my brother came down here for around 200US (one way), purchasing his ticket two days before travel.

guyanam

Wed May 17, 2017 6:05 pm

[quote="captaink]
But the flights are seasonal, so they won't have to worry about off season, but yes around Xmas, those flight will be full. I don't think folks holidaying in the Grenadines are Rouge's typical passengers as you say. It's worth mentioning that Rouge comes to GND once or twice a week as well, and a significant percentage of the passengers are VFR, especially with their sometimes great last minute fares. Couple weeks ago, my brother came down here for around 200US (one way), purchasing his ticket two days before travel.[/quote]

Rouge into GND is a year round operation so they would have to be more VFR friendly. After all the Canadian leisure market to the Eastern Caribbean is very winter centric, so it will be the VFR market which would keep it flying the rest of the year.

Sure the VFR market into SVD will use it but I don't know that this will be enough for the mid Jan to Easter period when VFR traffic slumps. Rouge into GND can combine the VFR and the leisure markets as the type of tourists flying in are your more conventional package types and they are staying in GND.

Problem with SVD is that the tourists aren't staying on that island but are transferring to Canouan, Union, or Bequia. The question will be how many will fly via SVD instead of BGI where connectivity is better and most likely so will the fares.

I cannot speak for Canada but I know that the Grenadian population in the NYC area is considerably bigger than the Vincentian, in fact its probably as big or bigger than the Bajan.

I would be more confident of AA from MIA or B6 from JFK as the US-SVD market (VFR and travel by residents of SVG) is larger.

baje427

Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 pm

I think Air Canada will be able to pull off SVD its for the winter season and once a week with an A319. Not sure if it has been mentioned but Delta will be pulling out of BGI for the second or third time now.

captaink

Thu May 18, 2017 12:48 am

baje427 wrote:
I think Air Canada will be able to pull off SVD its for the winter season and once a week with an A319. Not sure if it has been mentioned but Delta will be pulling out of BGI for the second or third time now.

Some of Delta's caribbean routes almost seem random :D . I live in GND and I know they have seasonal ATL and JFK flights, but that's about all I know.

captaink

Thu May 18, 2017 12:49 am

guyanam wrote:
[quote="captaink]
But the flights are seasonal, so they won't have to worry about off season, but yes around Xmas, those flight will be full. I don't think folks holidaying in the Grenadines are Rouge's typical passengers as you say. It's worth mentioning that Rouge comes to GND once or twice a week as well, and a significant percentage of the passengers are VFR, especially with their sometimes great last minute fares. Couple weeks ago, my brother came down here for around 200US (one way), purchasing his ticket two days before travel.[/quote]

Rouge into GND is a year round operation so they would have to be more VFR friendly. After all the Canadian leisure market to the Eastern Caribbean is very winter centric, so it will be the VFR market which would keep it flying the rest of the year.

Sure the VFR market into SVD will use it but I don't know that this will be enough for the mid Jan to Easter period when VFR traffic slumps. Rouge into GND can combine the VFR and the leisure markets as the type of tourists flying in are your more conventional package types and they are staying in GND.

Problem with SVD is that the tourists aren't staying on that island but are transferring to Canouan, Union, or Bequia. The question will be how many will fly via SVD instead of BGI where connectivity is better and most likely so will the fares.

I cannot speak for Canada but I know that the Grenadian population in the NYC area is considerably bigger than the Vincentian, in fact its probably as big or bigger than the Bajan.

I would be more confident of AA from MIA or B6 from JFK as the US-SVD market (VFR and travel by residents of SVG) is larger.[/quote]

Yes, I agree it would probably be more worthwhile for SVD to get a MIA and/or JFK flight.

guyanam

Thu May 18, 2017 5:36 am

baje427 wrote:

Not sure why DL cannot make ATL BGI work and apparently can make ATL GND succeed. Though I am not surprised at this when they discontinued their JFK BGI service. Maybe BGI needs higher frequencies to succeed, with a carrier running only a few weekly flights being not cost effective. This possibly matters less in smaller destinations like SKB and GND.

baje427

Thu May 18, 2017 12:24 pm

guyanam wrote:
baje427 wrote:

Not sure why DL cannot make ATL BGI work and apparently can make ATL GND succeed. Though I am not surprised at this when they discontinued their JFK BGI service. Maybe BGI needs higher frequencies to succeed, with a carrier running only a few weekly flights being not cost effective. This possibly matters less in smaller destinations like SKB and GND.

Delta's fares in comparison to JB or AA were not competitive in addition, they did very little marketing in BGI. JB and AA have have brand recognition in BGI DL needed that along with the fares to compete one can connect through AA via MIA to most places in the US.

guyanam

Thu May 18, 2017 3:07 pm

baje427 wrote:

Delta's fares in comparison to JB or AA were not competitive in addition, they did very little marketing in BGI. JB and AA have have brand recognition in BGI DL needed that along with the fares to compete one can connect through AA via MIA to most places in the US.

I am not sure if DL has a proper philosophy for its smaller Caribbean markets, aside from UVF where they do well.

A388

Fri May 19, 2017 2:27 pm

Hello Caribbean members,

I thought I'd share my post in the Aviation Photography Forum here with you. I would like to have tips on plane spotting in PTP should I go there in the future. Yoni, I remember you mentioned an airport hotel to be built there but any plane spotting tip is welcome of course. See my post here:

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1363587

Cheers,

A388

gunnerman

Sat May 20, 2017 7:33 pm

guyanam wrote:
As is there are now 4 airlines flying in between GEO and JFK.

Which four airlines are these? The scheduled ones now are Caribbean, Fly Jamaica (weekly only) and Dynamic (reputation for unreliability).

guyanam

Sun May 21, 2017 3:44 am

gunnerman wrote:
guyanam wrote:
As is there are now 4 airlines flying in between GEO and JFK.

Which four airlines are these? The scheduled ones now are Caribbean, Fly Jamaica (weekly only) and Dynamic (reputation for unreliability).

Eastern Airlines does scheduled charters.

gunnerman

Sun May 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Eastern started in 2016 in collaboration with Travelspan, but I note that Travelspan no longer sells tickets on Eastern.

TriniA340

Wed May 24, 2017 3:35 pm

Caribbean Airlines' new service to Havana begins on June 10; 2x weekly.
· longer · larger · farther · faster · higher · quieter · smoother ·

gunnerman

Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Where did you get your information from? Caribbean Airlines is not selling any tickets to Havana.

guyanam

Wed May 24, 2017 4:41 pm

gunnerman wrote:
Where did you get your information from? Caribbean Airlines is not selling any tickets to Havana.

I noticed in their meal service that there is a flight listed POS HAV. Maybe they haven't set up reservations yet.

gunnerman

Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Perhaps it's a charter.

If it's scheduled, then it's gross incompetence not to have put it on sale yet.

TriniA340

Wed May 24, 2017 7:54 pm

gunnerman wrote:

Internal email. I am 100% sure about this :)
· longer · larger · farther · faster · higher · quieter · smoother ·

gunnerman

Wed May 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Perhaps you an find out internally why no seats are on sale.

guyanam

Wed May 24, 2017 9:52 pm

gunnerman wrote:
Perhaps you an find out internally why no seats are on sale.

It might be awaiting financial permission from the Cuban authorities. Not selling means that if there is a delay in beginning the service no passengers are inconvenienced. I doubt its a charter as they wouldn't have inflight menus for this flight. It looks like it will be an early morning departure as the outbound has breakfast service.

Not sure who is going to be on this flight. I know loads of Cubans go to GEO to shop. Not sure if T&T is an option for them. Generally students from the Eastern Caribbean are the biggest outbound market (to Cuba) and they probably wouldn't be ready until July. Ditto the summer vacation crowd.

baje427

Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm

This thread has been a bit slow lately I guess by now most would have heard of LIAT pilots refusing to fly the larger ATR 72's until pay scales change for flying the larger aircraft.

A388

Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:30 pm

You're right baje427. Unfortunately the thread isn't as active as it used to be due to a variety of reasons I'm guessing. A friend of mine has heard on the radio here in Curacao that Sunrise Airways of Haiti wants to set up it's base here in Curacao. Does anyone have more information on this? I've heard they want to fly to Curacao too but I haven't heard anything about this for quite some time. They have received their first A320 which I think is an A320 of Dominican Wings if I'm not mistaken. If anyone here know more about the plans of Sunrise Airways going to Curacao please let me know.

A388

baje427

Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:21 pm

A388 wrote:
You're right baje427. Unfortunately the thread isn't as active as it used to be due to a variety of reasons I'm guessing. A friend of mine has heard on the radio here in Curacao that Sunrise Airways of Haiti wants to set up it's base here in Curacao. Does anyone have more information on this? I've heard they want to fly to Curacao too but I haven't heard anything about this for quite some time. They have received their first A320 which I think is an A320 of Dominican Wings if I'm not mistaken. If anyone here know more about the plans of Sunrise Airways going to Curacao please let me know.

A388

Any word on the Insel Air saga? I saw on another thread that Insel Air Aruba filed for bankruptcy are the MD80's parked up in Curacao?

INFINITI329

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:36 pm

303dk wrote:
guyanam wrote:
303dk wrote:
Frontier announced service from PHL and MCO to SJU starting June. The MCO flight seems to be timed decently for connections. I'm a little surprised they didn't also add MCO-STT.

There is a huge PRican population in the MCO area, in fact the 2nd largest behind the NY area. Does F9 do STT? I would think PHL STT would make more sense if they have those plans. They seem to be building a hub there.
Frontier doesn't serve STT, but STT-Florida is a large market, no one currently flies MCO-STT, and they could offer one stop connections to other STT heavy markets that they already serve from MCO

I think WN could be a candidate for this route as well. They can probably do well with people and cargo

leleko747

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:51 pm

A388 wrote:

A388

Just to inform: their first A320 (at least first one in full colors) have been just delivered. It's a 28 year old machine, registered ZS-GAR (at the moment).
Delivery flight: JNB-ABJ-FOR-PAP.

Pictured here during delivery flight, taking off from Fortaleza - Brazil.
Via TMA Fortaleza Spotting Team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVCzBE_F2sO ... afortaleza
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.

303dk

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:46 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
303dk wrote:
guyanam wrote:

There is a huge PRican population in the MCO area, in fact the 2nd largest behind the NY area. Does F9 do STT? I would think PHL STT would make more sense if they have those plans. They seem to be building a hub there.
Frontier doesn't serve STT, but STT-Florida is a large market, no one currently flies MCO-STT, and they could offer one stop connections to other STT heavy markets that they already serve from MCO

I think WN could be a candidate for this route as well. They can probably do well with people and cargo

Agreed. They would be an even better option from a connections point of view

dominicl316

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:25 pm

Air Antilles Express is taking bookings for their new SXM-STX-STT-SXM 3x weekly route in early July. Expect the WinAir website to soon allow for ticket sales for connections to SKB, NEV, ANU, SBH, EUX, and SAB.

guyanam

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 am

dominicl316 wrote:
Air Antilles Express is taking bookings for their new SXM-STX-STT-SXM 3x weekly route in early July. Expect the WinAir website to soon allow for ticket sales for connections to SKB, NEV, ANU, SBH, EUX, and SAB.

These flights don't integrate well with WMs schedules to ANU. WMs flight from ANU arrives too late to connect in SXM. Apparently Seaborne will be starting flights to ANU and these will connect to the USVI.

These flights are oriented mostly towards local SXM-USVI travel. Even with SKB there is too much waiting around, and in fact the STT SXM connects better with a LI flight than with WM into SKB.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos