dominicl316

Re: Caribbean Aviation Thread 120

Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:51 pm

guyanam wrote:
That LI flight seems to be a one off .

If LI continues SJU-ANU, it would make sense for them to fly on the days that BB isn't operating. I can't imagine them successfully competing with BB on the SJU-ANU route. I bet many of the passengers will be connecting from the USVI on BB to points further south of ANU.

gunnerman

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:11 pm

KLM will resume service to SXM on 29 October on Fridays and Sundays. Flights before Hurricane Irma were four times a week. Routeing is AMS-CUR-SXM-AMS, with tickets also sold from CUR to SXM. Flights will be operated by a 267-seat A330-200 with 18 seats in Business Class and 249 seats in Economy class.

guyanam

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:25 pm

dominicl316 wrote:
guyanam wrote:
That LI flight seems to be a one off .

If LI continues SJU-ANU, it would make sense for them to fly on the days that BB isn't operating. I can't imagine them successfully competing with BB on the SJU-ANU route. I bet many of the passengers will be connecting from the USVI on BB to points further south of ANU.

Will be curious to see why LI will run SJU ANU on a permanent basis now that BB is back when they decided to abandon this route when they had a monopoly. The limited O&D traffic that does still occur between SJU ANU will be severely hurt by the current difficulties in the US islands.

This I suspect is a mere place holder until DOM comes back on stream as that seems to be the only healthy SJU market left for LI. Ross U is still operating so there will still be a demand for this service.

303dk

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Interesting note: JetBlue is flying nonstop STX-FLL at least through Monday instead of STX-SJU.

gunnerman

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:31 pm

guyanam wrote:
This I suspect is a mere place holder until DOM comes back on stream as that seems to be the only healthy SJU market left for LI. Ross U is still operating so there will still be a demand for this service.

It could well be that Dominica was hit worse by Hurricane Maria than tropical storm Erika in 2015. If so, Dominica's recovery will probably take years and I am pessimistic about demand for travel during this period.

guyanam

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:31 pm

gunnerman wrote:
guyanam wrote:

It could well be that Dominica was hit worse by Hurricane Maria than tropical storm Erika in 2015. If so, Dominica's recovery will probably take years and I am pessimistic about demand for travel during this period.

It was hit worse but unless Ross U closes they still need a US link. I suspect that DOM trusts LI more to stick around if the loads aren't the best than Seaborne as after all DOM is one of LIAT's owners.

DOM has lost their banana industry and that soap/detergent factory, both being their largest exports. They badly need Ross U. I doubt that they will get cruises this season as a stop in DOM doesn't make sense if no tours are available, unlike SXM where at least the tourists can go shopping.

DOM hasn't even announced when commercial flights will resume meaning that the roads must be in bad shape as the airport can operate. I suspect that LI doesn't want to be out of the SJU market too long, hence their tentative schedule.

guyanam

Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:32 pm

303dk wrote:
Interesting note: JetBlue is flying nonstop STX-FLL at least through Monday instead of STX-SJU.

Makes sense given that reports are that seats out of SJU to the mainland are hard to find, some one reporting that all flights are fully booked until towards the end of the month.

LimaFoxTango

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:12 am

DOM was hit far worse from Maria than Erica. In any event, the Govt of ANU wasn't too pleased that LI had no ANU-SJU flight and there was a proposal to return that flight. I suspect Maria accelerated those plans. Given the devastation in DOM, I wouldn't be surprised if Ross U cancels the entire 2017/2018 school year. I believe many of the students have left anyway. If/when BB returns to DOM, their flight will obviously be a daytime turnaround. DOM is in no position to accommodate a RON.
You are said to be a good pilot when your take-off's equal your landings.

Brickell305

Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:03 pm

Help us too!
Cash-strapped LIAT appeals for hurricane relief for itself
October 5, 2017.

With the Caribbean’s disaster relief efforts currently concentrated on countries that are said to need it the most, a top official of regional airline LIAT today suggested that the struggling Antigua-based carrier should also be counted among the major beneficiaries of hurricane assistance.

The airline’s Chief Executive Officer Julie-Reifer Jones made the suggestion on the sidelines of the presentation of a US$550,000 cheque by CIBC FirstCaribbean to assist with evacuation flights and other forms of relief for seven storm-battered territories, namely Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, the British Virgin Islands, St Kitts and Nevis, St Martin and Turks and Caicos Islands.

But while reporting that LIAT had also suffered substantial losses as a result of the passage of hurricanes Irma and Maria, Reifer-Jones said: “Frankly the discussions about relief efforts going forward should include relief efforts for LIAT.”

https://www.barbadostoday.bb/2017/10/05/help-us-too/

I knew it was only a matter of time before a request to bail out LIAT due to hurricane related losses was coming. The issue is that the shareholder governments are all currently unable to assist. It will be interesting to see where this will go from here.

gunnerman

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:16 am

I saw the newspaper article as well a few days ago, and it confirmed my belief that LIAT is facing a really difficult period. How are its losses to be dealt with? Its shareholder governments are in bad shape: the biggest, Barbados, is struggling with excessive debt and an underperforming economy, and even Antigua and Barbuda is probably ineligible for assistance under OECD's development assistance committee rules.

I think that LIAT will have to shrink even more until only a few core routes are operating. But when revenues fall, how is LIAT supposed to meet its commitments? If I were a LIAT employee, I would be fearful for my job.

guyanam

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 am

Brickell305 wrote:
I knew it was only a matter of time before a request to bail out LIAT due to hurricane related losses was coming. The issue is that the shareholder governments are all currently unable to assist. It will be interesting to see where this will go from here.

This is actually one time when LI does in fact deserve support. They need to determine the costs of providing relief flights, backing out revenue passengers and then launching appeals for funding to fill the gap.

The last thing that we need is for an island to be hit and LIAT refusing to provide relief flights because they lack the funds to support this. The only carrier flying into DOM since Maria was LI. They brought in useful supplies, some provided by LI employees, and they evacuated people many of them FREE!

LI has no obligation to provide relief flights or to offer service when not viable.

Gov'ts have three options. Offer cash, waive landing fees, or allow LI to keep a % of taxes levied. But LI cannot be expected to shoulder the burden of these relief flights without support. Put it this way, none of the majors evacuated anyone free. They merely capped fares that they charged.

guyanam

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:55 am

gunnerman wrote:
I think that LIAT will have to shrink even more until only a few core routes are operating. But when revenues fall, how is LIAT supposed to meet its commitments? If I were a LIAT employee, I would be fearful for my job.

What additional routes can LIAT cut? Lost revenues due to canceled flights is a risk that LI must take. That is part of operating an airline in a volatile region.

Running relief NON COMMERCIAL flights isn't one of these risks. I will hate to think that another island finds itself in the mess that DOM is in and LIAT says, "sorry we cannot afford to provide relief flights, but will gladly resume when commercial flights are allowed".

gunnerman

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:09 am

It's cash flow, or rather the lack of it, which brings down both organisations and individuals. LIAT must be in danger of going under. Remember, it was only seven months ago that LIAT failed to meet its payroll, and its situation has deteriorated significantly since then.

Brickell305

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:14 pm

guyanam wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

This is actually one time when LI does in fact deserve support. They need to determine the costs of providing relief flights, backing out revenue passengers and then launching appeals for funding to fill the gap.

The last thing that we need is for an island to be hit and LIAT refusing to provide relief flights because they lack the funds to support this. The only carrier flying into DOM since Maria was LI. They brought in useful supplies, some provided by LI employees, and they evacuated people many of them FREE!

LI has no obligation to provide relief flights or to offer service when not viable.

Gov'ts have three options. Offer cash, waive landing fees, or allow LI to keep a % of taxes levied. But LI cannot be expected to shoulder the burden of these relief flights without support. Put it this way, none of the majors evacuated anyone free. They merely capped fares that they charged.

I don't think it's a matter of whether LIAT deserves to be compensated here or not. I actually agree that they do deserve to be, at the very least for the relief flights. The issue is a matter of will it happen with four cash strapped shareholders, two of which are currently in crisis mode due to hurricane damage. Furthermore, the issue isn't just the matter of relief flights but LIAT will need to be propped up over the next few months while traffic levels at SXM, EIS, DOM and SJU remain depressed. I don't see where that lost revenue can be made up for elsewhere in their current network. Any expansion at this time would be too financially risky. The airline will need serious help going forward and investment from governments who are not currently shareholders is also highly unlikely. Even Trinidad and Tobago, the largest economy in the English speaking Caribbean is tightening its belt. I am hoping for the best but it's not looking good.

gunnerman

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Yes, it's hard to see where other shareholders will come from. T&T's economy has been hit by low oil prices, and you've got the problem of government corruption which happens regardless of which party is in power. St Lucia is in theory a possibility, but Allen Chastenet has consistently refused to invest in LIAT as he is unimpressed with the quality of its directors. Furthermore, even if Chastenet had a change of heart, the St Lucia economy is struggling with poor cash inflows resulting in a budget deficit.

I think it quite likely that LIAT will have to sell an aircraft or two to survive.

guyanam

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:07 pm

gunnerman wrote:
It's cash flow, or rather the lack of it, which brings down both organisations and individuals. LIAT must be in danger of going under. Remember, it was only seven months ago that LIAT failed to meet its payroll, and its situation has deteriorated significantly since then.

Well LIAT cannot go under. Contrary to popular belief the private sector isn't going to do better. I draw attention to Caribbean Star which didn't offer better service than LI and lost even more money. There is not one private sector entity which has succeeded. Many have attempted and were given permission to do so. Even now Trans Island is wailing about 25% loads with 15 seat planes. LI hasn't cut fares.

LI needs to provide a bill for the unfunded costs of relief flights and CARICOM needs to deal with this. While its unlikely that there will be another major storm impacting the Eastern Caribbean this year there is next year.

If we have a problem like this in the future I cannot imagine the cost to Caribbean gov'ts if they have to find alternate planes for relief flights or if they are forced to beg France, and the USA (under Trump) to supply these planes. Under these conditions LIAT is clearly an essential service and must be compensated for non commercial activities that had a humanitarian focus.

I didn't see Air Antilles or Seaborne rushing to help DOM or EIS. Or helping citizens of Eastern Caribbean nations to evacuate from SXM.

guyanam

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
guyanam wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

I don't think it's a matter of whether LIAT deserves to be compensated here or not. I actually agree that they do deserve to be, at the very least for the relief flights. The issue is a matter of will it happen with four cash strapped shareholders, two of which are currently in crisis mode due to hurricane damage. Furthermore, the issue isn't just the matter of relief flights but LIAT will need to be propped up over the next few months while traffic levels at SXM, EIS, DOM and SJU remain depressed. I don't see where that lost revenue can be made up for elsewhere in their current network. Any expansion at this time would be too financially risky. The airline will need serious help going forward and investment from governments who are not currently shareholders is also highly unlikely. Even Trinidad and Tobago, the largest economy in the English speaking Caribbean is tightening its belt. I am hoping for the best but it's not looking good.

Thinking that the Caribbean can go to the UN and wail about climate change and think that the USA, France and the UK are going to offer relief flights should SKB, GND or some other island need it next year is a fantasy. How much help is DOM getting from non Caribbean people? I suspect that SKB alone has offered as much assistance to that island as has the USA. If next year one of French Antillean islands is devastated the help from the French that DOM got will not be available.

Now as to the larger problem of LI losing 3 important destinations, and the impact that this has on the viability of its route structure. Well that is another issue and LI will have to figure that part out. That is a COMMERCIAL problem. Not about providing relief flights. LI needs to be compensated for relief flights and nothing more!

Imagine a scenario for DOM (or for that matter EIS) if LI didn't offer relief flights. The ONLY carrier which provided relief flights to EIS was LIAT! I didn't see Air Antilles or Seaborne flying into DOM.

LIAT is under no more obligation to offer relief flights than is any other entity, yet they did so. and without even getting the guarantee of being reimbursed.

Let us imagine a major hurricane and no LIAT.

BW600

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi all,

BW has appointed a new CEO today.

https://www.facebook.com/caribbeanairli ... 6178990651
POS TAB BGI NAS MIA MCO JFK LAS SFO SEA YYZ YUL YOW YEG YYC

beeweel15

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:56 am

BW600 wrote:
Hi all,

Finally lets see what happens this time. Now time for BW to get the MAX and several 787 / 777 aircraft and do some great things.

guyanam

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:27 am

beeweel15 wrote:
BW600 wrote:
Hi all,

Finally lets see what happens this time. Now time for BW to get the MAX and several 787 / 777 aircraft and do some great things.

They need to re-fleet as their 738s are getting up in age. No 787/777s though as there will be no transatlantic flights on the cards. T&T is now totally broke so BW can only fly tried and true routes and become self supporting.

beeweel15

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:48 pm

guyanam wrote:
beeweel15 wrote:
BW600 wrote:
Hi all,

They need to re-fleet as their 738s are getting up in age. No 787/777s though as there will be no transatlantic flights on the cards. T&T is now totally broke so BW can only fly tried and true routes and become self supporting.

Well lets agree to disagree on that.

TriniA340

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:54 am

guyanam wrote:
How is Insel going? Any news with the getting their jets back in the air. Winair/PAWA must be gobbling up market share with their SXM CUR service (once it restarts).

Well, one MD-80 is flying again: https://www.facebook.com/InselAir/photo ... =3&theater
· longer · larger · farther · faster · higher · quieter · smoother ·

Brickell305

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 pm

AA CLT-SJU DEC 3>1.9
AA CLT-STT JAN 1.0>0 FEB 1.0>0 MAR 1.0>0
AA CLT-SXM DEC 1.1>0 JAN 1.5>0 FEB 1.7>0 MAR 3>0 APR 2>1.9
AA JFK-SDQ DEC 0>0.5 JAN 0>0.2
AA JFK-STI DEC 0>0.5 JAN 0>0.2
AA JFK-STT JAN 0.7>0 FEB 0.8>0 MAR 0.9>0
AA JFK-SXM DEC 0.5>0 JAN 0.4>0 FEB 0.3>0 MAR 0.3>0
AA MIA-STT JAN 4>2 FEB 4>2 MAR 4>2
AA MIA-SXM JAN 1.6>1.0 FEB 1.9>1.0 MAR 2>1.0
AA PHL-STT FEB 0.7>0 MAR 0.9>0
AA PHL-SXM DEC 0.5>0 JAN 0.7>0 FEB 0.9>0 MAR 1.0>0

B6 BDL-SJU NOV 1.3>0.3
B6 BOS-SJU NOV 3>1.2
B6 EWR-SJU NOV 1.0>0.4
B6 FLL-SJU NOV 5>3
B6 JFK-SDQ NOV 4>5
B6 JFK-SJU NOV 6>3
B6 MCO-SJU NOV 5>3
B6 TPA-SJU NOV 1.6>0.3

NK FLL-BQN NOV 0.7>0.5 DEC 0.9>0.4 JAN 1.0>0.4 FEB 1.0>0.7
NK FLL-SJU DEC 3>1.0 JAN 1.7>1.0
NK MCO-SJU NOV 1.7>1.1 DEC 3>1.0 JAN 1.8>1.0

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1376259

More hurricane related changes to flight schedules with reduction at SJU, SXM and STT and increases at SDQ and STI as airlines look for somewhere to fly those planes.

Also LIAT has resumed commercial service to Dominica with flights four times a week out of Antigua and three times a week out of Barbados.

guyanam

Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Insel Air seems to be gradually getting back on their feet. In addition to its resumed CUR SXM with the MD they will also add PBM ASAP. As other jets come back PA, SDQ.

GEO and Barquisimeto (Venezuela) will be added, they hope before end of November. Then KIN MDE MAO, and Las Piedras (Ven) will be added.

Apparently they don't plan to resume service to Valencia (Ven), CCS, POS, HAV, SJU, BAR, or MIA.

I saw on their FB (English/Papiamento) that PBM was being demanded by passengers as well as KIN. I assume that Haitians also went a fast way back without flying via SXM, and people to SDQ probably want PAWA to get some competition.

Winair seems to have scaled back its SXM CUR to 1X. They are running a weekly CUR SXM PAP CUR flight, and another weekly in the opposite direction.

gunnerman

Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:28 pm

LIAT gets a US$7m loan secured by Barbados, Antigua and Barbuda and St Vincent and the Grenadines.

https://www.stlucianewsonline.com/shareholder-governments-secure-us7-million-loan-for-liat/

turk223

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Brickell305 wrote:

More hurricane related changes to flight schedules with reduction at SJU, SXM and STT and increases at SDQ and STI as airlines look for somewhere to fly those planes.

Wish CM would do so by sending a plane to BGI!

dominicl316

Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Some good news for the USVI:

In early February, InterCaribbean will be serving STX, STT from their EIS hub on their 19-seat Twin Otter. STX will see 1x daily. STT will see 2x daily. InterCaribbean will also inaugurate service to SXM, DOM, and SLU from EIS.

From STX, connections are possible to ANU, SXM, DOM, SLU.

From STT, connections are possible to ANU, SXM, DOM, SLU, PLS, NAS, KIN, GDT, SCU

There will be a new nonstop EIS-PLS, which allow for additional connectivity from STT to the Western Caribbean.

Their October timetable displays the new flights, but I have learned that due to Hurricanes Irma and Maria, the service has been pushed back to February. AXA will also be added at some point.

This might put a damper on Air Antilles' proposed SXM-STX-STT-SXM service which has been put on hold, pending the approval of STX/STT route rights to the French by the SXM civil aviation authorities. The upcoming decision whether to approve these routes has been indefinitely delayed due to Hurricane Irma.

guyanam

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:33 am

DOM before SKB? Doesn't make sense to me. The largest EC population in the USVI is from SKN. SKB is an easy stop enroute to DOM.

I always thought that InterCarib (JY) was a better fit than Air Antilles (3S). JY has smaller planes so should be easier to fill, especially with the lower loads expected post Maria. BTW JY doesn't seem to have route rights on the EIS SLU.

dominicl316

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:26 pm

guyanam wrote:
DOM before SKB? Doesn't make sense to me. The largest EC population in the USVI is from SKN. SKB is an easy stop enroute to DOM.

I always thought that InterCarib (JY) was a better fit than Air Antilles (3S). JY has smaller planes so should be easier to fill, especially with the lower loads expected post Maria. BTW JY doesn't seem to have route rights on the EIS SLU.

Im wondering the same thing about SKB. Especially since LI is no longer doing EIS-SKB.

JY is doing EIS-DOM-SLU.

dominicl316

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:26 pm

guyanam wrote:

Im wondering the same thing about SKB. Especially since LI is no longer doing EIS-SKB.

JY is doing EIS-DOM-SLU.

Brickell305

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:00 pm

turk223 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

I find it strange that they have yet to begin service to Barbados. Either the potential market is smaller than I suspect or they fear that a BGI flight might cannibalize the POS service to too great an extent.

guyanam

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:06 pm

dominicl316 wrote:
guyanam wrote:

JY is doing EIS-DOM-SLU.

We will see what happens from around Feb or so but it appears to me that LI is withdrawing from inter island travel in the northern end of its network. That is except for the routes out of ANU, which are more designed to feed the rest of its system.

That provides and ample opportunity for Inter Carib to fill the gap. As much as people mention Air Sunshine they just seem to me to be a taxi service. You don't know the aircraft or even the routing as they apparently can change based on load.

guyanam

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:09 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
turk223 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

I find it strange that they have yet to begin service to Barbados. Either the potential market is smaller than I suspect or they fear that a BGI flight might cannibalize the POS service to too great an extent.

I think that BGI hasn't had good luck with service from Latin America. It doesn't have a large Latin market and I am not sure if large numbers of Barbadians travel to PTY. So CM remains skeptical. CM runs 2x daily to POS so I don't think that cannibalization is seen as an issue as I doubt those continuing on to BGI are that many.

TriniA340

Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:05 am

Heard that AA is bringing their 737 MAX to POS tomorrow (Mon 30th Oct) & will RON to depart next morning.

A388

Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 am

No MAX to POS tonight, N988AL (A321) is on it's way to POS now. AA is still familiarizing with their MAX aircraft so it wouldn't make sense to do international flights so soon already. I would love to see it in CUR too one day.

A388

baje427

Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am

turk223 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

Barbados is in economic free fall this coupled with the lack of Spanish speakers and competent tourism officials mean this flight is unlikely. BGI cant even maintain service out of ATL with DL when virtually all other Caribbean islands have been able to.

guyanam

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:00 am

baje427 wrote:
turk223 wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:

Barbados is in economic free fall this coupled with the lack of Spanish speakers and competent tourism officials mean this flight is unlikely. BGI cant even maintain service out of ATL with DL when virtually all other Caribbean islands have been able to.

Don't knock BGI. Their arrivals through Aug 2017 are at record levels and up 7%. US arrivals are up 16%. I bet DL exiting BGI from ATL is due to B6s' daily afternoon FLL service. No other E/C destination has daily afternoon flights out of FLL and that probably cuts into the ATL hub market. B6 has been running very competitive fares and quite likely other carriers don't want to get into that price war. That is aside from AA which is well entrenched in the MIA BGI market. BGI has far more airlift out of the USA than its hide for quite awhile. The only year round service into the E/C from BOS.

None of the English speaking Caribbean islands do well out of Latin America. Not even Jamaica with its strong brand image. Language issues. BGI is expensive and I bet that Latin tourists don't see what it offers for this premium price.

People just have to understand where their competitive strengths are. Why will Latin Americans visit BGI when PUJ is a better fit for them, and cheaper on top of it? People in the English speaking Caribbean aren't going to learn Spanish and so will never be competitive in the Latin markets.

A388

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:09 pm

I see I misread the AA 737MAX post, sorry. I thought it was yesterday but it's for tonight, let's see what will happen. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope to see it one day too.

A388

A388

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:03 pm

AA's 737-8MAX is on its way to POS!!! You can track it here:

https://www.flightradar24.com/AAL9708/f60ccee

Why is POS chosen for this flight? It looks like a test flight if I look at the flight number(?)

Cheers,

A388

TriniA340

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:15 pm

Yeah, A388, it came as part of AA's certification process. The trini spotters got some sweet pics, and videos of the arrival & departure are online as well.

Brickell305

Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Does this mean that the 737 MAX is replacing the A321 on MIA-POS? I actually enjoyed the A321s.

Zidane

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:07 pm

It doesn't explicitly mean so, but coincidentally it will. Effective 15FEB18 the MAX will be regular at POS.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... t-in-1q18/

baje427

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:01 pm

I hope the A321 remains on the BGI route the IFE is welcomed.

guyanam

Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:30 am

baje427 wrote:

I assume that the MAX should also have this IFE.

Brickell305

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:03 am

Zidane wrote:
It doesn't explicitly mean so, but coincidentally it will. Effective 15FEB18 the MAX will be regular at POS.
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... t-in-1q18/

Interesting date. I’ll either be on the first 737 MAX flight from POS or possibly the last A321 flight out of POS.

windian425

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:11 am

BGI is also getting the MAX.

Brickell305

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:36 am

guyanam wrote:
baje427 wrote:

I assume that the MAX should also have this IFE.

It doesn't. The MAX doesn’t have seatback AVOD. They are moving towards passengers streaming on their personal devices over a WiFi connection.

baje427

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:29 pm

windian425 wrote:

That is unfortunate it is also a capacity downgrade for BGI and POS .

A388

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Probably a very long shot but I hope CUR will also get the MAX. One can always dream...

A388

Brickell305

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:16 pm

baje427 wrote:
windian425 wrote:

That is unfortunate it is also a capacity downgrade for BGI and POS .

It is but it’s not a major downgrade. 9 less seats total (8 less Main Cabin Extra, 1 less Main Cabin, same number of Business). The plane does offer less legroom in MCE and no IFE. A definite downgrade in terms of amenities on the routes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos