• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10
 
User avatar
SQ22
Crew
Topic Author
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here.

Link to old thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1343667
 
B747forever
Posts: 13118
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Does anyone have the JAN17 numbers for OSL and CPH?

Here are the numbers for HEL, ARN and KEF from the old thread:

HEL (by FIX)
Domestic: 249 095 +13.1%
International: 1 096 406 +8.6%
Total: 1 345 501 +9.4%

Stockholm Arlanda (by SK4007)
Total: 1,799,925 (+12%)
Domestic: 392,300 (+9%)
International: 1,407,625 (+13)

KEF (by mjoelnir)
January 2017. 493,831 passengers, a 70 % increase over January 2016.
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
FIX
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:12 am

B747forever wrote:
Does anyone have the JAN17 numbers for OSL and CPH?

Here are JAN17 numbers for OSL and CPH:

OSL
Domestic: 836 509 +6,4%
International: 1 000 476 +15,1%
Total: 1 836 985 +10,9%

Source (Avinor):
https://avinor.no/konsern/flyplass/oslo ... statistikk

CPH
Domestic: 129 168 +7,3%
Intercontinental: 272 153 +5,5%
Europe: 1 579 931 +5,4%
Total: 1 981 252 +5,6%
(International: 1 852 084 +5,4%)

International = Intercontinental + Europe

Source (CPH):
https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/investo ... n-airport/
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Rusline is starting 2x weekly LED-BGO from June 1, and is expanding LED-OSL from 4x to 5x weekly. All with CRJ-200
 
OslPhlWasChi
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Rusline is starting 2x weekly LED-BGO from June 1, and is expanding LED-OSL from 4x to 5x weekly. All with CRJ-200


Awesome!
Source? Have they served BGO in the past?
 
Joelatbsl
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Last KHL charter for the regular season at HEL over night. The Yamal A320 will leave tomorrow towards Minsk:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... -2017.html
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:53 pm

OslPhlWasChi wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Rusline is starting 2x weekly LED-BGO from June 1, and is expanding LED-OSL from 4x to 5x weekly. All with CRJ-200


Awesome!
Source? Have they served BGO in the past?


Tickets are on sale on their website.

It is their first flights to BGO
 
B747forever
Posts: 13118
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:00 pm

FIX wrote:
B747forever wrote:
Does anyone have the JAN17 numbers for OSL and CPH?

Here are JAN17 numbers for OSL and CPH:

OSL
Domestic: 836 509 +6,4%
International: 1 000 476 +15,1%
Total: 1 836 985 +10,9%

Source (Avinor):
https://avinor.no/konsern/flyplass/oslo ... statistikk

CPH
Domestic: 129 168 +7,3%
Intercontinental: 272 153 +5,5%
Europe: 1 579 931 +5,4%
Total: 1 981 252 +5,6%
(International: 1 852 084 +5,4%)

International = Intercontinental + Europe

Source (CPH):
https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/investo ... n-airport/


Thanks FIX. Always interesting to compare the monthly PAX numbers among the Nordic airports.
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
sailas
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:58 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:04 am

Since when has AY decided to get rid of their A319? Is this true? According to our all reliable wikipedia they are to be replaced by a321s. It seems strange AY doesn't want to replace the A319s with something of similar size. What will happen to the a320s? Neo coming sometime soon to the AY fleet?
Airlines been on: AY, LX, SR, OS, SK, KF, EZY, FR, BA, LH, AF, TG, DC, FC, TK, KL, BT, CX, QR
 
florens
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:17 am

FI to get Scimitar Blended Winglets on their 757:

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... d-winglets
Kind regards, Florens
 
oslmgm
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:26 am

 
M564038
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 am

Only embarrasing thing about that tweet was deleting it. That is making a statement!
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3041
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:19 pm

M564038 wrote:
Only embarrasing thing about that tweet was deleting it. That is making a statement!

Sounds like a trump quote :)
My Instagram account: @Jfkairlinespotting
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 5569
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:33 pm

florens wrote:
FI to get Scimitar Blended Winglets on their 757:

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... d-winglets


Old news, the conversions have already started, The 767-300ER are getting them too.
 
User avatar
HELyes
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:58 pm

sailas wrote:
Since when has AY decided to get rid of their A319? Is this true? According to our all reliable wikipedia they are to be replaced by a321s. It seems strange AY doesn't want to replace the A319s with something of similar size. What will happen to the a320s? Neo coming sometime soon to the AY fleet?


This year Finnair will receive seven new A321s and some of the A319s will leave the fleet. Their new short haul strategy will be released later this spring, they need more SH capacity to serve the growing A350 fleet.
 
B747forever
Posts: 13118
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:19 pm

Does anyone know why there is a AY A340 at MLA?
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
User avatar
HELyes
Posts: 1405
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:59 pm

B747forever wrote:
Does anyone know why there is a AY A340 at MLA?


No more A340s in AY's fleet, that one is on the way to Air Belgium perhaps?
 
ilari
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:34 am

Now it's official, Go!Aviation will not start operations, bankrupted yesterday. (Feb 17)
 
B747forever
Posts: 13118
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:54 am

HELyes wrote:
B747forever wrote:
Does anyone know why there is a AY A340 at MLA?


No more A340s in AY's fleet, that one is on the way to Air Belgium perhaps?


Was surprised to see it when on final approach into MLA yesterday evening. It was parked by some hangars. It was in full AY colors, so if it is changing owners they haven't repainted it yet.
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
sailas
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:58 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:58 am

HELyes wrote:
sailas wrote:
Since when has AY decided to get rid of their A319? Is this true? According to our all reliable wikipedia they are to be replaced by a321s. It seems strange AY doesn't want to replace the A319s with something of similar size. What will happen to the a320s? Neo coming sometime soon to the AY fleet?


This year Finnair will receive seven new A321s and some of the A319s will leave the fleet. Their new short haul strategy will be released later this spring, they need more SH capacity to serve the growing A350 fleet.


Im eagirly awaiting for that report.
Airlines been on: AY, LX, SR, OS, SK, KF, EZY, FR, BA, LH, AF, TG, DC, FC, TK, KL, BT, CX, QR
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 am

21 737-600s left in the SAS fleet after LN-RPY is being sent to the for scrap today

Boeing 737 -683 28292 116 LN-RPY SAS ferried 20feb17 OSL-BGR-VCV for part-out ex SE-DNO
 
FIX
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:41 am

News from Finnair!

Finnair outlines High-Density A350-900 operational routes

Finnair in recent schedule update has filed 2nd configuration set for its Airbus A350-900XWB aircraft, which sees reduced seat counts for Business Class, compared to existing J46Y251 configuration. The 2nd A350 configuration is J32Y304, currently scheduled to serve following routes.

eff 04JUN17 Helsinki – Bangkok AY089/090 (flight number changes to AY141/142 from 29OCT17)
eff 05JUL17 Helsinki – Seoul Incheon
eff 01OCT17 Helsinki – Beijing (until 28OCT17)

Source:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... al-routes/

Finnair expands Russia service from April 2017

Finnair in summer 2017 plans to expand service to Russia, as the airline introduces additional daily service to Moscow Sheremetyevo and St. Petersburg. Planned schedule from April 2017 includes the following.

eff 10APR17 Helsinki – Moscow Sheremetyevo Increase from 1 to 2 daily
AY153 HEL0925 – 1105SVO E90 D
AY155 HEL1740 – 1920SVO E90 D

AY154 SVO1150 – 1330HEL E90 D
AY156 SVO2030 – 2215HEL E90 D

eff 23APR17 Helsinki – St. Petersburg Increase from 14 to 20 weekly
AY165 HEL1015 – 1125LED AT7 D
AY169 HEL1755 – 1905LED AT7 D
AY167 HEL2355 – 0105+1LED AT7 x6

AY168 LED0545 – 0655HEL AT7 x7
AY166 LED1200 – 1310HEL AT7 D
AY170 LED1940 – 2050HEL AT7 D

Source:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... pril-2017/

Finnair adds Murmansk charter flights in S17

Finnair in summer 2017 season plans to offer Helsinki – Murmansk flight, operating as scheduled charter, with a mix of ATR72 and A319 aircraft. Reservation is not open to individual travellers.

Planned schedule from 13MAY17 to 30SEP17 as follow.

AY7601 HEL0715 – 1000MMK AT7 6
AY7602 MMK1140 – 1415HEL AT7 6

From 27MAY17 to 24JUN17, service operates with Airbus A319 with revised schedule:
AY7601 HEL0815 – 1000MMK 319 6
AY7602 MMK1140 – 1325HEL 319 6

Extra service also scheduled on 10JUL17 / 21JUL17 / 01AUG17 / 12AUG17 with A319:
AY7605 HEL1015 – 1200MMK 319
AY7606 MMK1330 – 1510HEL 319

Source:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... ts-in-s17/
 
Joelatbsl
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 pm

The KHL playoff starts tomorrow, with Jokerit away at CSKA Moscow. For once the Finnair A319 they use for those flights has returned back to base instead of staying on tour with the team:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... -2017.html
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3041
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 pm

D8 is staring ALC-KEF effective June 5th 2x weekly:

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... an-routes/
My Instagram account: @Jfkairlinespotting
 
User avatar
kelvin933
Posts: 376
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:20 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:00 pm

lesfalls wrote:
D8 is staring ALC-KEF effective June 5th 2x weekly:

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... an-routes/

The timing of these flights is horrible arriving in ALC from KEF after 0200 in the morning
“Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests.”
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:24 am

MSN7489, the next A320neo for SAS and coming SE-DOX has got its engines and is havings its first test flight at TLS today

--

Norwegian in launching 3 new routes from ARN this summer: DUB, LIS and ZAG, all 2x weekly

In addition frequencies is expanded on several routes, mainly to holiday destination in Southern Europe: MXP, RAK, TFS, CPH, ALC, LCA, OLB, CHQ, SXF, RHO, CTA and PMI

http://media.norwegian.com/se/#/pressre ... er-1820043
 
yoplait
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:44 pm

Why does the Norwegian wikipedia page only show 30 Airbus aircraft on order. There was 100 wasnt there?
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 pm

yoplait wrote:
Why does the Norwegian wikipedia page only show 30 Airbus aircraft on order. There was 100 wasnt there?


100 is the full number ordered by the group which will be delivered to Arctic Aviation Assets. I.e their leasing and aircraft owning company. Of these 100, 30 (all A321neos (LR)) will be delivered and operated by Norwegian
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3041
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:23 pm

DY/D8 is increasing the amount of frequencies on certain routes between LGW and Scandinavia for summer 2017:
LGW-OSL- 4 new weekly frequencies
LGW-AAL 1 new weekly frequency
LGW-SVG 2 new weekly frequencies

http://media.norwegian.com/uk/#/pressre ... ay-1818943
My Instagram account: @Jfkairlinespotting
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:27 pm

lesfalls wrote:
LGW-OSL- 4 new weekly frequencies


AFAIK this is not really true, and is a PR spin when comparing S16 vs S17, when they claim they increase LGW-OSL from 20x to 24x weekly.
Last summer Norwegian operated up to 4x daily OSL-LGW, not sure if it was fully 28x weekly or a little less. When Ryanair starter STN-OSL (3x daily) in November, Norwegian reduced LGW-OSL to 3x daily (or 20x weekly). So this "increase" is not vs last year capacity. Just their W16/17
 
Joelatbsl
Posts: 486
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:54 pm

As for Jokerit's flight home after the first two games of the series vs. CSKA Moscow, here we go:

http://footballcharters.blogspot.com/20 ... -2017.html

No sign of CSKA's ride to HEL yet ...
 
cityairline
Posts: 535
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Someone83 wrote:
MSN7489, the next A320neo for SAS and coming SE-DOX has got its engines and is havings its first test flight at TLS today

--

Norwegian in launching 3 new routes from ARN this summer: DUB, LIS and ZAG, all 2x weekly

In addition frequencies is expanded on several routes, mainly to holiday destination in Southern Europe: MXP, RAK, TFS, CPH, ALC, LCA, OLB, CHQ, SXF, RHO, CTA and PMI

http://media.norwegian.com/se/#/pressre ... er-1820043

Add GOT-SPU to that, also 2 weekly!
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 am

Wizz to start RIX-KEF

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... june-2017/
Riga – Reykjavik Keflavik
W62597 RIX1955 – 2100KEF 320 37
W62598 KEF2135 – 0420RIX 320 37


And as part of an increase on their Spanish bases, Norwegian in increasing several flights between Spain and Scandinavia

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... ts-in-s17/
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 5569
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Wizz to start RIX-KEF

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... june-2017/
Riga – Reykjavik Keflavik
W62597 RIX1955 – 2100KEF 320 37
W62598 KEF2135 – 0420RIX 320 37


And as part of an increase on their Spanish bases, Norwegian in increasing several flights between Spain and Scandinavia

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... ts-in-s17/


Remember the title of the thread, Scandinavia only includes Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:28 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
Remember the title of the thread, Scandinavia only includes Denmark, Norway and Sweden.


Last time I checked the title is now: Nordic Aviation Part 5 :wave:
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Finnair has taken delivery of their 12th A321. Leased from BOC

Airbus A321 -231 7552 OH-LZM Finnair delivery 23feb17 XFW-HEL ex D-AVXV
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 5569
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Someone83 wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
Remember the title of the thread, Scandinavia only includes Denmark, Norway and Sweden.


Last time I checked the title is now: Nordic Aviation Part 5 :wave:


But you used Scandinavia in your post, did you mean to restrict your comment to Scandinavia?
 
oslmgm
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:56 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
Remember the title of the thread, Scandinavia only includes Denmark, Norway and Sweden.


Last time I checked the title is now: Nordic Aviation Part 5 :wave:


But you used Scandinavia in your post, did you mean to restrict your comment to Scandinavia?

I see what you mean: Palma Mallorca – Helsinki is also mentioned in that link. I'd call it nitpicking. ;)
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:19 am

oslmgm wrote:
mjoelnir wrote:
Someone83 wrote:

Last time I checked the title is now: Nordic Aviation Part 5 :wave:


But you used Scandinavia in your post, did you mean to restrict your comment to Scandinavia?

I see what you mean: Palma Mallorca – Helsinki is also mentioned in that link. I'd call it nitpicking. ;)


Yes, didn't noticed PMI-HEL when I read it the first time
 
Someone83
Posts: 3457
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:37 am

Norwegian will transfer OSL-EDI to their new EDI-base from Oct 29. At the same time frequencies will increase from 3x to 4x weekly, and as EDI is a 737-8MAX base, it will be operated be these aircraft.

D81640 EDI1125 – 1410OSL 7M8 x246
D81641 OSL1450 – 1540EDI 7M8 x246
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:26 pm

From the Bombardier CSeries thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=574685&start=1400

Paolo92 wrote:
Malmö Aviation (now BRA - Braathens Regional Aviation) has frozen the contract for its CSeries aircraft, according to Swedish newspaper SvD.
This is due to a new climate tax that will see 80SEK (8.5EUR / 9 USD) levied on every national flight, 280SEK (29.4EUR / 31USD) on international flights and 430SEK (45EUR / 47.7USD) on intercontinental flights.
source in Swedish: Swedish government's aviation tax gets companies to freeze giant contracts


This tax seems to be on par with the one introduced in Norway, except for the international and intercontinental flights. How is this going to affect SAS? Will we see more long haul routes being moved from ARN to CPH or OSL? 430SEK tax on intercontinental flights is extremely hostile to air travel.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:16 pm

JetBuddy wrote:

This tax seems to be on par with the one introduced in Norway, except for the international and intercontinental flights. How is this going to affect SAS? Will we see more long haul routes being moved from ARN to CPH or OSL? 430SEK tax on intercontinental flights is extremely hostile to air travel.


I presume CPH will be happy. But keep in mind that it so far is only a proposed tax.
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Bostrom wrote:
JetBuddy wrote:

This tax seems to be on par with the one introduced in Norway, except for the international and intercontinental flights. How is this going to affect SAS? Will we see more long haul routes being moved from ARN to CPH or OSL? 430SEK tax on intercontinental flights is extremely hostile to air travel.


I presume CPH will be happy. But keep in mind that it so far is only a proposed tax.


I'm glad to hear it's only a proposal, but still very bad news for the air travel industry if implemented. A nearly 50USD tax on intercontinental routes is huge, and would be a severe disadvantage for ARN against CPH/OSL/HEL.
 
Bostrom
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:51 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
I'm glad to hear it's only a proposal, but still very bad news for the air travel industry if implemented. A nearly 50USD tax on intercontinental routes is huge, and would be a severe disadvantage for ARN against CPH/OSL/HEL.


The tax has been proposed by the government, but I'm not sure how great their chances are on getting the parliament to pass it. The government (Social democrats + Green party) only has 138 out of 349 seats in the parliament. The Left party are likely to support the government, and the four Alliance parties (Moderate party, Centre party, Liberals and Christian Democrats) will probably oppose the tax. So it probably boils down to the Sweden democrats.
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:50 am

Bostrom wrote:
JetBuddy wrote:
I'm glad to hear it's only a proposal, but still very bad news for the air travel industry if implemented. A nearly 50USD tax on intercontinental routes is huge, and would be a severe disadvantage for ARN against CPH/OSL/HEL.


The tax has been proposed by the government, but I'm not sure how great their chances are on getting the parliament to pass it. The government (Social democrats + Green party) only has 138 out of 349 seats in the parliament. The Left party are likely to support the government, and the four Alliance parties (Moderate party, Centre party, Liberals and Christian Democrats) will probably oppose the tax. So it probably boils down to the Sweden democrats.


The Sweden Democrats are a fairly protectionistic party, right? Anti-EU, anti-immigration - but varying between the Moderates and Social Democrats regarding the rest of their political agenda? I doubt they'll vote for this tax. I hope it doesn't pass the parliament, I'd love to see those C-Series here in Scandinavia.
 
FIX
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Finnair increases Berlin service from April 2017

Finnair in summer 2017 season plans to increase Helsinki – Berlin Tegel route, with the addition of 3rd daily flight. The new flight will commence on 10APR17, departing Helsinki near noon hours.

This route is served by Airbus A319/320/321 as well as Embraer E190 and ATR72 aircraft.

AY911 HEL0750 – 0845TXL EQV D
AY913 HEL1130 – 1225TXL EQV D
AY917 HEL1700 – 1755TXL EQV D

AY914 TXL0935 – 1225HEL EQV 6
AY914 TXL0950 – 1240HEL EQV x6
AY912 TXL1315 – 1605HEL EQV D
AY918 TXL1910 – 2200HEL EQV D

Source:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... pril-2017/

Finnair boosts Copenhagen flights June - August 2017

Finnair during summer peak season plans to expand Helsinki – Copenhagen route, from 18JUN17 to 12AUG17. During this period, up to 6 daily flights will be added (7 daily on Mondays, 4 daily on Saturdays), operating as AY669/670. Planned schedule as follow.

AY669 HEL1635 – 1715CPH 319 x6
AY669 HEL1635 – 1715CPH 321 6

AY670 CPH1805 – 2035HEL 319 x6
AY670 CPH1805 – 2035HEL 321 6

Source:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... gust-2017/

Finnair plans A350 Osaka service from July 2017

Finnair in last week’s schedule update filed planned Airbus A350-900XWB operation for Helsinki – Osaka Kansai route, scheduled in the second-half of summer 2017 season. The low-density A350 configuration (J46Y251) will serve this route from 10JUL17 to 27OCT17 (HEL departure), replacing A330-300.

AY077 HEL1725 – 0855+1KIX 359 D
AY078 KIX1045 – 1455HEL 359 D

Source:
http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... july-2017/
 
Bostrom
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:44 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
The Sweden Democrats are a fairly protectionistic party, right? Anti-EU, anti-immigration - but varying between the Moderates and Social Democrats regarding the rest of their political agenda? I doubt they'll vote for this tax. I hope it doesn't pass the parliament, I'd love to see those C-Series here in Scandinavia.


More populist than protectionist I would say. But yes, nationalist, anti-EU, anti-immigration, anti-foreigners (non-nordic foreigners at least) in general. But they can be a bit hard to predict. However, in general they are more to the left on social issues, and more to the right on economic issues. So if I were to bet on in, I would say that SD will probably be against the tax.
 
yoplait
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Croatia Airlines will open service to OSL, ARN, and HEL in June 2017.

Source:
http://www.total-croatia-news.com/trave ... candinavia
https://www.total-croatia-news.com/trav ... d-helsinki
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 5569
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:02 am

Icelandair's fourth 767-300ER has arrived in KEF to start flying commercial for FI on Thursday.

In Icelandic: http://www.mbl.is/frettir/innlent/2017/ ... tan_maett/
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 5569
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation Part 5

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:08 am

27 airlines fly to 78 destinations this summer from KEF. KEF expects 8.75 million passengers in 2017.

http://www.mbl.is/frettir/innlent/2017/ ... angastada/
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos