Bostrom
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:30 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
Do you know, which cities will SAS serve with A350s in the future? At least I know they will be used on North American routes. As A350s bring more capacity, where will be SAS' next new long-haul destinations? Seattle, Seoul, Manila, Johannesburg, Toronto or Vancouver perhaps?


I don't think they have announced any plans for the A350s yet. But my guess is that they will replace the A330/A340s on the busiest routes, like CPH-EWR. And maybe some A340s will be used to open new routes, and maybe they will leave the fleet.

No new long haul routes have been announced but they have hinted at Seoul and Toronto as possible new destination. There have also been speculations about India, but that doesn't seem as likely since Air India started flying to ARN and CPH. And SAS have stated that they are focusing on the northern hemisphere, so Joburg seems unlikely.
 
Nami
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:58 am

Finnair adds flights to top European destinations for summer 2018 and to Lapland for winter 2018/2019

In line with its growth strategy, Finnair continues to grow its traffic and will add frequencies to popular destinations in Europe for summer 2018 and winter 2018, as well as increase flights to the popular winter destinations in Finnish Lapland for the peak season in winter 2018/2019. The additions are fueled by the increasing number of Asians traveling to Finnair’s European destinations.

[...]

Finnair is also launching a new Rail & Fly cooperation with Deutsche Bahn, combining air and rail travel. The new cooperation means that customers buying a Finnair ticket to or from Germany can also include a rail trip to their booking. The cooperation covers more than 5,600 railway stations in Germany.

Finnair press release 5.12.2017


Added frequencies in summer 2018 to: LIS, BCN, BUD, KRK, GVA. AY will also (perhaps surpisingly) fly again to TSE (Astana) in July and August, 2x weekly.
Added frequencies in winter 2018-19 to: MAD, KEF, GVA (and previously reported added flights to Lapland).

Finnair revamps its business class with a Nordic touch

In conjunction with its annual Press Day, Finnair has today announced the launch of a new business class service concept and new Marimekko design elements for both cabin classes, celebrating its Nordic roots and offering customers a unique Nordic customer experience.
[...]
Finnair’s new business class service concept will commence as of February 7, 2018, on flights to Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai, with a gradual roll-out of the remaining long-haul destinations during the spring and summer.
[...]
“Our new seat textiles and comfort amenities have a fresh and modern aesthetic that is inspired by Nordic homes and landscapes. ”The new interior elements are rolled out to Finnair’s Airbus A350 aircraft in phases during 2018.

Finnair press release 5.12.2017
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 am

EasyJet's new Nordic routes from Berlin Tegel

Berlin Tegel – Copenhagen eff 07JAN18 2 daily
Berlin Tegel – Helsinki eff 01MAR18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Stockholm Arlanda eff 01MAR18 2 daily

Routesonline.com

I'm glad to see EasyJet back in HEL.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
User avatar
FlyRow
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:13 am

KLM starts flights to Växjö (VXO) in Sweden

Starting daily from the S18 timetable. Daily with a E175.

KLM's fourth swedish destination and 14th scandinavian destination. Amazing how KL seems to pick up on so many smaller EU destinations.

https://news.klm.com/klm-starts-flights ... n--sweden/
F70-F100-RJ85-RJ70-E190-319-320-321-733-734-735-737-738-752-753-763-764-772-744-380
 
Nami
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 pm

Few tweets from Airlineroute relating to Copenhagen and Oslo.

Hainan Airlines applied following routes with the CAAC on 06DEC17: 3 wkly Beijing – Oslo from April 2018, 2 wkly Shenzhen – Oslo from May 2018

Airlineroute/Twitter


Beijing Capital Airlines formally submitted application to the CAAC for 3 weekly Beijing – Copenhagen from March 2018

Airlineroute/Twitter


Sichuan Airlines applied following service from Chengdu with A330 or A350: [...] 2 weekly Copenhagen (eff July 2018)

Airlineroute/Twitter
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Regarding KLM's new route to Vaxjo, it is perhaps worth noting that Estonian Air flew Vaxjo-Amsterdam in 2014. I've got a feeling (but not 100% certain) that Estonian's routes was operated as a KLM codeshare.

Amsterdam is not a huge metropolis and KLM has traditionally had a much higher proportion of connecting passengers compared to the likes to British Airways / Air France who have a greater propotion of (more profitable) passengers that begin / end their journeys in London or Paris. Competing head-on against the likes of Lufthansa would nevere have been sustainable long term so to become a major carrier KLM have had to specialilse in being the main European hub based airline at plenty of minor airpots all over Europe (particularly the UK and Scandinavia) as well as other continents
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:50 pm

HEL traffic figures Nov 2017

Nov 2017
Domestic: 132,198 (+6.6%)
International: 1,219,448 (+14.4%)
Total: 1,485,383 (+12.9%)

YTD 2017
Domestic: 2,460,903 (+1.5%)
International: 14,918,387 (+11.4%)
Total: 17,379,290 (+9.9%)

With the growth of 9.9%, it seems like this year's PAX will be over 18,900,000, if not 19,000,000.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
Nami
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
Nov 2017
Domestic: 132,198 (+6.6%)


Correct number: 265.935
 
Someone83
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Another new Cityjet CRJ-900 for SAS operations is delivered

Canadair CRJ 900 15439 EI-FPU CityJet delivery 07dec17 YMX-KEF-CPH, SAS cs ex C-GZVU
 
mjoelnir
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:33 pm

KEF traffic numbers.

November 2017, 594,789 pax, 19.8 % more than November 2017.
YTD 2017 8,148,176 pax, 29,2 % more than same period 2016.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:20 am

Royal Jordanian will launch a new 3x weekly Amman-Copenhagen route on 3 June 2018. The route will be operated year-round with A319.

cph.dk

I wonder, will RJ serve ARN and HEL from AMM in the future. The airline already serves both airports with charter services to Aqaba. And will CPH and OSL also get a charter service to Aqaba?
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:56 am

Finnair November 2017 traffic figures

Total
Nov: 949,600 (+15.0%)
YTD: 10,953,300 (+9.3%)

Europe
Nov: 545,000 (+13.2%)
YTD: 6,821,300 (+9.8%)

North Atlantic
Nov: 19,900 (+24.0%)
YTD: 290,800 (+6.9%)

Asia
Nov: 177,400 (+33.4%)
YTD: 1,925,300 (+17.6%)

Domestic
Nov: 207,300 (+6.3%)
YTD: 1,915,800 (+0.5%)

Cargo
Nov: 12,790.5 t (+16.4%)
YTD: 128,253.2 t (+7.1%)

Passenger load factor is 83.5% (+3.7) and on Asian flights 87.0% (+5.2).

news.cision.com
Last edited by QuawerAir on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:16 am

And Icelandair ends Birmingham service on 18 Jan 2018.

The airline previously planned to switch from Boeing 757 to Boeing 737 MAX 8 for this route from 01MAY18.

Routesonline.com
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
ilari
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:13 am

QuawerAir wrote:
EasyJet's new Nordic routes from Berlin Tegel

Berlin Tegel – Copenhagen eff 07JAN18 2 daily
Berlin Tegel – Helsinki eff 01MAR18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Stockholm Arlanda eff 01MAR18 2 daily

Routesonline.com

I'm glad to see EasyJet back in HEL.


Lentoposti.fi says that TXL-HEL would be 2 daily, but easyjet.com says 1 daily. I wonder if they will add another flight later.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:40 am

ilari wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
EasyJet's new Nordic routes from Berlin Tegel

Berlin Tegel – Copenhagen eff 07JAN18 2 daily
Berlin Tegel – Helsinki eff 01MAR18 1 daily
Berlin Tegel – Stockholm Arlanda eff 01MAR18 2 daily

Routesonline.com

I'm glad to see EasyJet back in HEL.


Lentoposti.fi says that TXL-HEL would be 2 daily, but easyjet.com says 1 daily. I wonder if they will add another flight later.

Hopefully. Unless I'm wrong, Air Berlin operated to HEL 3x daily (21 weekly flights), so the gap will be filled as easyJet will operate to HEL 1x daily, Eurowings 6x weekly and Finnair 4x daily (instead of 3x daily) to Berlin. There will be only 1x weekly flight "missing", but that will be replaced by increased capacity as of March 2018.

Since easyJet starts flying to HEL as well as Eurowings, I think it's possible that HEL would get routes to Cologne/Bonn, London-Luton and/or other bases of those airlines in the future ;)
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
fessor
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:30 am

CPH will lover the Feess for using the airport with an avarage 10% from April 2018 and at the same time the will make the charge for high frequent regional feeder flights 35 % cheaper

https://ekstrabladet.dk/ferie/koebenhav ... ne/6951564

https://www.cph.dk/en/about-cph/press/n ... -airlines/
 
User avatar
Lingon
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 am

About KLM - I haven't seen it mentioned here... KL added one weekly frequency to LPI (20x weekly instead of 19x) , started Oct 29. ( Sundays got 3 flights instead of 2. )

Brought to you from the Big News department :-)
 
Nami
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:55 am

QuawerAir wrote:
Hopefully. Unless I'm wrong, Air Berlin operated to HEL 3x daily (21 weekly flights), so the gap will be filled as easyJet will operate to HEL 1x daily, Eurowings 6x weekly and Finnair 4x daily (instead of 3x daily) to Berlin. There will be only 1x weekly flight "missing", but that will be replaced by increased capacity as of March 2018.

Since easyJet starts flying to HEL as well as Eurowings, I think it's possible that HEL would get routes to Cologne/Bonn, London-Luton and/or other bases of those airlines in the future ;)


AB flew around 26 weekly flights, one reason being that AB fed AY's Asia network, which EW or U2 won't do.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:49 am

Nami wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
Hopefully. Unless I'm wrong, Air Berlin operated to HEL 3x daily (21 weekly flights), so the gap will be filled as easyJet will operate to HEL 1x daily, Eurowings 6x weekly and Finnair 4x daily (instead of 3x daily) to Berlin. There will be only 1x weekly flight "missing", but that will be replaced by increased capacity as of March 2018.

Since easyJet starts flying to HEL as well as Eurowings, I think it's possible that HEL would get routes to Cologne/Bonn, London-Luton and/or other bases of those airlines in the future ;)


AB flew around 26 weekly flights, one reason being that AB fed AY's Asia network, which EW or U2 won't do.

Finnair should start codesharing with easyJet or Eurowings or form a partnership with those airlines, but let's see if it happens.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
cityairline
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:04 pm

FlyRow wrote:
KLM starts flights to Växjö (VXO) in Sweden

Starting daily from the S18 timetable. Daily with a E175.

KLM's fourth swedish destination and 14th scandinavian destination. Amazing how KL seems to pick up on so many smaller EU destinations.

https://news.klm.com/klm-starts-flights ... n--sweden/

It's amazing how many smaller markets KLM serves in Scandinavia!
They've always been big in Norway with secondary destinations, so it's extra fun to see them try out more of those in Sweden.
If VXO performs well, I can see the likes of Umeå/Luleå/Sundsvall/Örebro being added in the long run...
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...
 
DLBOIFIN
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:51 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:00 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
Royal Jordanian will launch a new 3x weekly Amman-Copenhagen route on 3 June 2018. The route will be operated year-round with A319.

cph.dk

I wonder, will RJ serve ARN and HEL from AMM in the future. The airline already serves both airports with charter services to Aqaba. And will CPH and OSL also get a charter service to Aqaba?

HEL-AMM might work as both cities are Oneworld hubs, so with right schedule there are lots of potential connections in each end.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Interesting. Helsinki was amongst the world's most wanted routes in IATA's "Slots Kuala Lumpur 2017"-event as well as in "Slots Madrid 2017" along with New York, Tokyo, Bangkok, Hong Kong and Shanghai for example.

And "Copenhagen Airport provided seven new routes which no other airport had on their respective wish lists – namely Amman, Beirut, Johannesburg, Philadelphia, Seattle-Tacoma, Tehran and Vancouver."

Source
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
Bostrom
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:43 pm

A man travelling to Egypt has been arrested at ARN after being caught with four large knives in his hand luggage.
 
Nami
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:30 pm

ARN 11/2017

Domestic: 495,336 (+1.7%)
International: 1,552,531 (+4.3%)
Total: 2,047,867 (+3.6%)
 
armchairceonr1
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Norwegian 11/2017

Internet bookings 77 % 78 % -1 p.p
ASK (mill) 6,316 4,923 28 %
RPK (mill) 5,284 4,135 28 %
Load factor 83.7 % 84.0 % -0.3 p.p
Passengers 2,520,220 2,265,145 11 %
Yield 0.33 0.34 -4 %
RASK 0.27 0.28 -4 %
 
Someone83
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 am

November passenger numbers

OSL:

Domestic: 1.003.288 +4,7%
International: 1.117.764 +3,0 %
Total: 2.122.791 +3,9%

CPH:

Domestic: 148.565 -5,8%
Europe: 1.715.287 -3,8%
IC: 237.412 +0,4%

Total: 2.101.277 -3,4%


Seems like OSL was the largest Nordic airport in November
 
X2K
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:20 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Congratulations to OSL! Maybe ARN will also be bigger than CPH in 2018?

Tranfer passengers were down by 15.5% at CPH.


Someone83 wrote:
November passenger numbers

OSL:

Domestic: 1.003.288 +4,7%
International: 1.117.764 +3,0 %
Total: 2.122.791 +3,9%

CPH:

Domestic: 148.565 -5,8%
Europe: 1.715.287 -3,8%
IC: 237.412 +0,4%

Total: 2.101.277 -3,4%


Seems like OSL was the largest Nordic airport in November
Fan of Aviation. Operational train scheduling is my work.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Turkish Airlines will start A330 wide-body operations from IST to OSL as of 25 March 2018. The increase in capacity will see an additional 40,000 seats between the two airports in 2018.

aviationtribune.com
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
ilari
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:32 am

Around 60 flights were cancelled at HEL yesterday, and only one of the three runways was open for traffic due to heavy snowfall.
 
Nami
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

ilari wrote:
Around 60 flights were cancelled at HEL yesterday, and only one of the three runways was open for traffic due to heavy snowfall.


Still a lot of delays this morning.

Overtime ban imposed by the Finnish Aviation Union contributes a lot to this mess as well.

As AY uses only one aircraft on most long-haul routes with schedules that don't leave much room for irrops, it's going to take a while to catch up on the delays.
 
User avatar
teme82
Posts: 1236
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:05 am

ilari wrote:
Around 60 flights were cancelled at HEL yesterday, and only one of the three runways was open for traffic due to heavy snowfall.

Correction. The wind caused most of the delays. The only operating runway was 15/33 since the wind was from SE.
Flying high and low
 
Kikko19
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:32 am

Wouldn't the wind affect more the landings? I landed yesterday at HEL at 450 and it was still OK.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:18 pm


New agreements with Argentina, Chile, Kenya and Tanzania
Finland has reached new, liberal air services agreements with Argentina, Chile, Kenya and Tanzania. The agreements will make it possible to open flight services between the countries and further to other destinations.

The principles of these agreements will be applicable between the respective aviation authorities even before they enter into force, and the agreed services can be started at once. However, the agreement with Argentina only allows code-sharing flights before entry into force.

More liberal code share services with Australia
The new agreement with Australia will allow stopovers in connection with code share arrangements.

Air services agreements signed with Jamaica and the Bahamas
The agreements made with Jamaica in 2016 and with the Bahamas in 2013 have now been signed.

trafi.fi


Would be really cool if Norwegian or Finnair launched Helsinki - Buenos Aires service at some point. Also, I would love to see new African routes as Marrakech might be the only scheduled one.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
Oykie
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Aftenposten says DY and SK will increase competition in Norway with 1000000 more seats in the market combined. If the article is accurate they will increase 500000 each.

https://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/1k ... sekvensene Article in Norwegian.
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
ilari
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:17 pm

teme82 wrote:
ilari wrote:
Around 60 flights were cancelled at HEL yesterday, and only one of the three runways was open for traffic due to heavy snowfall.

Correction. The wind caused most of the delays. The only operating runway was 15/33 since the wind was from SE.


Right, thanks, weather anyway. I remember reading how British authorities were amazed how HEL has been closed only once because of snow, and that was for 15 minutes.
 
Someone83
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Oykie wrote:
Aftenposten says DY and SK will increase competition in Norway with 1000000 more seats in the market combined. If the article is accurate they will increase 500000 each.

https://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/1k ... sekvensene Article in Norwegian.


Norwegian will also increase with 500.000 seats on international routes from OSL. So 1 million in total. So next year's growth at OSL has a good potential

http://media.norwegian.com/#/pressrelea ... ge-2329725
 
Oykie
Posts: 1705
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:34 am

Someone83 wrote:
Oykie wrote:
Aftenposten says DY and SK will increase competition in Norway with 1000000 more seats in the market combined. If the article is accurate they will increase 500000 each.

https://www.aftenposten.no/okonomi/i/1k ... sekvensene Article in Norwegian.


Norwegian will also increase with 500.000 seats on international routes from OSL. So 1 million in total. So next year's growth at OSL has a good potential

http://media.norwegian.com/#/pressrelea ... ge-2329725


Yes, it will be interesting to follow next years growth. Will be harder to argue against the aviation tax?
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 am

Today:
- QR adds 2nd daily flight to HEL with A320.
- TUI Airways commences Helsinki - Phu Quoc service with Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
User avatar
lesfalls
Posts: 3111
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 am

From March 25th 2018 Norwegian will operate CDG-OSL instead of ORY-OSL. No news yet on what will happen to their HEL/CPH/ARN flights from Orly.
My Instagram account: @Jfkmxpairlinespotting
 
cityairline
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:29 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:29 am

Today Iran Air doubles their GOT flights from once to twice weekly!
IR726/727 is operated by A330-200 nonstop year-around, mondays and thursday.
They're off to a good start with a 72% load factor last monday and 80% on todays' new flight, and the peak holidays haven't even started yet...
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...
 
Someone83
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:56 am

New Widerøe flights announced

From BGO
BLL: 3x weekly from June 25 - Q400
GOT: 2x weekly from August 13 - Q400
MUC: 3x weekly from August 13 - E190-E2
HAM: 3x weekly from August 13 - E190-E2

From KRS:
STN: 4x weekly from August 13 - Q400

In addition KRS-TRD is doubled to 16x weekly next summer
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 pm

Norwegian boosts Los Angeles and New York service

Norwegian will begin new flights to Los Angeles and New York from Amsterdam, Madrid and Milan in May, increasing to 10 the number of new transatlantic routes it plans to launch next year.

The carrier will add service to Los Angeles from Madrid four-times weekly from 15 July, and from Milan Malpensa four-times weekly from 16 June, it says.

New York JFK will see new service from Amsterdam four-times weekly from 7 May, and from Madrid three-times weekly from 17 July.

Norwegian will operate all of the routes with 291-seat Boeing 787-9 aircraft.

flightglobal.com

Interesting that Norwegian will launch long haul routes from airports where it has only few routes (MXP has routes to only ARN and OSL). O/D market might be the main factor.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC
AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO
A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 787
 
seansasLCY
Posts: 772
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 am

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Someone83 wrote:
New Widerøe flights announced

From BGO
BLL: 3x weekly from June 25 - Q400
GOT: 2x weekly from August 13 - Q400
MUC: 3x weekly from August 13 - E190-E2
HAM: 3x weekly from August 13 - E190-E2

From KRS:
STN: 4x weekly from August 13 - Q400

In addition KRS-TRD is doubled to 16x weekly next summer


This is great news. Do you know where it's mentioned that it will be STN? The press release just says London.
 
Someone83
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation 2017

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:06 pm

seansasLCY wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
New Widerøe flights announced

From BGO
BLL: 3x weekly from June 25 - Q400
GOT: 2x weekly from August 13 - Q400
MUC: 3x weekly from August 13 - E190-E2
HAM: 3x weekly from August 13 - E190-E2

From KRS:
STN: 4x weekly from August 13 - Q400

In addition KRS-TRD is doubled to 16x weekly next summer


This is great news. Do you know where it's mentioned that it will be STN? The press release just says London.


Says Stanstead on their website

https://www.wideroe.no/krslon

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos